The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Tsarnaev sentenced to death... (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2015, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2015, acesover wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2015, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2015, magicfish wrote:
...and at the same time, I'll be celebrating the fact that the Republic of Ireland is finally joining Great Britain and Northern Ireland in breaking the stranglehold of the Vatican and , like Martin Luther, protesting the tenets of catholicism.
Good for Ireland.

You do know he believed in Jesus Christ. Don't you?

Of course he did. Don't all Christians? I'm not sure I understand, aces.

You like to hear yourself talk. The tenets of the Catholic Church can be summed up in The Apostle's Creed, not some wild ideas that you thought up and decided to call them tenets of the Catholic Church. So what stranglehold , as you put it has been changed?

As far as your statement, "I'm not sure I understand, aces." I could not agree with you more on that.

Really? I thought up the Papacy's objection to Gay Marriage? No I didn't. You are mistaken.
Secondly, one thing that has changed in Ireland is...gay marriage was approved by the majority of catholic citizens. This goes against the tenets of catholicism and I think it is a good thing for Ireland.
Thirdly, I don't appreciate the insult about hearing myself talk. I don't insult you. Let's keep the conversation friendly please.

Quite honestly what you appreciate or don't is really not my concern. I was in no way put here to satisfy you, nor do I attend to try. I have more important things to do, such as arrange my sock drawer.

You have the gall to say, "You don't insult me". Well what you say, or I should say the way you say it, when you like to hear yourself talk about my religion, catholicism, does more than insult me. So don't even go there.

One can express one's opinion and not be insulting nor ignorant. However you are not one of those individuals. Read your posts and you will understand...well maybe you will.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2015, 0pus wrote:
A lot of vitriol against catholics and the pope.

Do you include Orthodox Judaism, Muslimism, and fundamental Christianity, each of which put forth that marriage is a union between one man and one woman, in your hate? Or is it only because you can focus your hate on one person who is representative of the catholics -- the pope?

I have nothing against catholicism whatsoever.
As far as hate goes, I don't hate anything or anyone.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2015, acesover wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
...and at the same time, I'll be celebrating the fact that the Republic of Ireland is finally joining Great Britain and Northern Ireland in breaking the stranglehold of the Vatican and , like Martin Luther, protesting the tenets of catholicism.
Good for Ireland.

You like to hear yourself talk. The tenets of the Catholic Church can be summed up in The Apostle's Creed, not some wild ideas that you thought up and decided to call them tenets of the Catholic Church. So what stranglehold , as you put it has been changed?

As far as your statement, "I'm not sure I understand, aces." I could not agree with you more on that.

Really? I thought up the Papacy's objection to Gay Marriage? No I didn't. You are mistaken.
Secondly, one thing that has changed in Ireland is...gay marriage was approved by the majority of catholic citizens. This goes against the tenets of catholicism and I think it is a good thing for Ireland.
Thirdly, I don't appreciate the insult about hearing myself talk. I don't insult you. Let's keep the conversation friendly please.

Quite honestly what you appreciate or don't is really not my concern. I was in no way put here to satisfy you, nor do I attend to try. I have more important things to do, such as arrange my sock drawer.

You have the gall to say, "You don't insult me". Well what you say, or I should say the way you say it, when you like to hear yourself talk about my religion, catholicism, does more than insult me. So don't even go there.

One can express one's opinion and not be insulting nor ignorant. However you are not one of those individuals. Read your posts and you will understand...well maybe you will.

What makes you think I'm not Catholic?
Many catholics, including the ones who voted to change the Irish constitution, support church reform.
Protesting the official stance of the Papacy is something quite new among Irish catholics. I think it is a good move toward further separation of church and state.
If you are unaware of the tight grip that Rome has had on Ireland for centuries, well, you won't take my word for it.
I will regret stooping to this but so far in our exchange, only one of us has been insulting and ignorant. And I don't feel it's me.
Good day,sir.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2015, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2015, acesover wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Good for Ireland.

What makes you think I'm not Catholic?
Many catholics, including the ones who voted to change the Irish constitution, support church reform.
Protesting the official stance of the Papacy is something quite new among Irish catholics. I think it is a good move toward further separation of church and state.
If you are unaware of the tight grip that Rome has had on Ireland for centuries, well, you won't take my word for it.
I will regret stooping to this but so far in our exchange, only one of us has been insulting and ignorant. And I don't feel it's me.
Good day,sir.

I never said you were not catholic. However I do not believe you are. Regardless, that is not relevant to the discussion. What is relevant, is the way you speak about the catholic religion and its followers. It is that, where I feel your tone is not at all civil when discussing someone's religious beliefs. When being blunt expect to receive the same in return.

I have no fault with your opinions. It is how you express them that I have fault with. When you throw stones do not expect to get hit with feathers.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Fair enough. I thought your posts about liking to hear myself talk and my making up wild ideas about catholic beliefs was stone throwing.
Maybe we're both guilty. But if I offended you initially I apologize.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I'm curious if any of those against the death penalty have had a change of mind when it comes to Dylann Roof?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio......8975573/

"Roof allegedly told police he "almost didn't go through with (the shooting) because everyone was so nice to him," other sources told NBC News' Craig Melvin."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
It says "Of the 217 people who have been accused of a mass killing and didn't die at the scene, 132 were sentenced to prison and 15 were sentenced to death, according to USA TODAY data on mass killings since 2006. About 62 suspects are awaiting trial or sentencing, and two were institutionalized or put in a youth rehabilitation program.*

I am surprised that only about half of these mass killers are killed at the scene considering the cops in the USA will strangle people for selling a cig.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2015, rockwall wrote:
I'm curious if any of those against the death penalty have had a change of mind when it comes to Dylann Roof?

No,
Death it's only for revenge. Roof killed for an ideology, so is putting him to death for the opposite ideology should be considered wrong also.

It's only for self satisfaction, nothing to do with changing anything.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I wouldn't do it for revenge and I don't think I would find it satisfying so I guess it's not ONLY for revenge and satisfaction.
What is the opposite ideology to racism that you are referring to that would be used to sentence him to death?
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2015, Ian McColl wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2015, rockwall wrote:

No,
Death it's only for revenge. Roof killed for an ideology, so is putting him to death for the opposite ideology should be considered wrong also.

It's only for self satisfaction, nothing to do with changing anything.

He would not be putting to death because of his ideology. He would be put to death for killing people. The ideology argument is false and means nothing. He killed people.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2015, rockwall wrote:
I wouldn't do it for revenge and I don't think I would find it satisfying so I guess it's not ONLY for revenge and satisfaction.
What is the opposite ideology to racism that you are referring to that would be used to sentence him to death?

the ideology of an 'eye for an eye' or just the thinking of revenge for revenge sake. Most other enlightened countries don't.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2015, Ian McColl wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2015, rockwall wrote:

the ideology of an 'eye for an eye' or just the thinking of revenge for revenge sake. Most other enlightened countries don't.

Are those other countries enlightened because they act as you feel they should? So anyone enlightened follows your thoughts and any country who does not follow your thoughts is kept in the dark. Wow! You think a lot of yourself. Not saying you are wrong. But you may find a lot of people who disagree with you and I imagine you feel that they are in the dark while only you are enlightened. Hmmmm. Maybe, just maybe, you have your switch in the off position and are in the dark. Just something to ponder and not let your ego get in the way of reason.

It is just possible your reasoning is flawed. Only God is perfect. Ooops...not sure you are one who believes in God. Sorry. But if you do believe in God there is no need for me to apologize and if not...well no foul. Win, win.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Tsarnaev sentenced to death... (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL