The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Wood casting tray (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

innermind
View Profile
Regular user
suburban Detroit
154 Posts

Profile of innermind
Hexagonal wooden casting tray (walnut or birch) on sale at the following website:

http://www.rpgshop.com/store/d-and-d-dic......one.html

This retailer also offers a nice selection of pouches (see the dice subsection on their website menu).

David
"Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else." -Will Rogers
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Nice find Innermind!
I would imagine that something like this would be relatively easy to "customize" (adding a few hidden properties) should one be into such things.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Do to the nature of the laser cut design that model may not be as easily to modify as one would think mainly do to the thinness of materiel used.

Below is one I made for dice reading a while back and this could be modified with a thicker or double base should one want to do such a thing. Also the version below will not warp as fast do to the materials used.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120......c955.jpg

I am make more sometime soon out of oak that has been aged a bit to give it an older look for a effect I currently working on that involves dice. But for the happy fair's the one in the above photo works very well. Except when someone steals the one or more of the dice. I so very tired of that you have no idea.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator

Early XXth Century Dice Tray found on Brussels' flea market. For a very modest sum.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I'm curious, how far does this item go back in history, and what is the significance - if any - of the number of sides of the tray? The Curator's artifact has 8 sides, where the other's examples have 6. One would think the tray would be six-sided and not eight given the properties of a die, but I trust the Curator's piece is probably truer to the past.

What is the history of this piece? I'm a neophyte regarding dice and gaming, so please go easy on me...
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
My opinion about this, is that it was first the top of a barrel. I don't think it's really older than early XXth century.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Wood casting tray (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL