The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » PsiDev (Psychic Development Book test) by Mat Cult (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2410 Posts

Profile of NeilS
A question I am sure many of us have been asked is how we acquired our powers, or can they be learnt?

If you want a good answer, then a copy of The Psychic Development Book Test could be ideal and something you can show to audience members. This superbly produced paperback details experiments you can easily perform and which, as mentalists, we all know. But they are all described in a perfectly acceptable and innocuous guise.

However the book has an even greater secret but one, on inspection, you would never spot. It uses the flashback principle and with the force words very appropriate for psychic development eg hypnotically, subconsciously, awareness etc, but the words are camouflaged in a very subtle way.

I came across PsiDev by Mat Cult having bought his effect Conan Doyle and the Bad Penny (from The Lebanon Circle.) I found this such a worker I was keen to find out what other effects Mat had released - and this led me to PsiDev.

It is exceptionally good, very reasonably priced and I recommend it unreservedly. It is also an interesting read - and you can't say that about many book tests!

In the interests of disclosure I paid full price for my copy. Further details can be found here:

http://www.psidev.blogspot.co.uk/

Neil
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
738 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Won't your audience members want to purchase a copy after seeing you use it in your demonstrations?

Woodfield
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2524 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On May 17, 2015, Woodfield wrote:
Won't your audience members want to purchase a copy after seeing you use it in your demonstrations?

Woodfield

they can purchase it! via Lulu

s
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3382 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On May 17, 2015, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On May 17, 2015, Woodfield wrote:

Woodfield

they can purchase it! via Lulu

s

But wont know about its secret I take it, as they wont have the instructions or explanations
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Hi guys,

Thanks Neil for your kind words! I'm really pleased that the book has found such a good home with you!

And thanks to all of you for the interest in this book.

To answer a few questions: there is nothing in the book itself or on the Lulu page that would tip the fact that the book is anything more than just a book. If you wanted to share this shortened url with your audeince, it would send your clients straight to the book's Lulu page so they can see it's completely legit: http://bit.ly/PsychicDevelopmentBook

I would ask that we refrain from using the author's name or the name of the publishing house on forums like this - as that would kill the deception dead in its tracks.

If anyone is interested in bulk buying for BoR sales, please get in touch - I'm sure we can work something out.

Any questions, please ask.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I bought this a long time ago and echo Neils words unreservedly, a great buy !
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2659 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
This looks good. Thanks for letting us know about it.
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
859 Posts

Profile of seamagu
I have a copy of this and there are some really cool things that are incorporated into the book. For example it gives instructions on how to enhance your sense!! It also has a section on testing your ability which includes things like duplicating an image someone else has drawn etc. Some of the material in the book is quite interesting And it can be a good lead into other demonstrations.
I love post its Smile
Luccky
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of Luccky
It seems such a good material for book test. Thanks for sharing.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2659 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
I received my copy the other day and I think it's great. Smile

Besides the fl***b*** feature, the contents of the book make it easy to lead into such other effects as OOTW and a Q&A. There are at least a half dozen other ideas/effects included in the instruction manual.

Very well done and reasonably priced. Highly recommended.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I somehow completely missed this.

It sounds pretty nifty (that's British for awesome)

I know Neil well, and know his tastes. If he says it's worth getting that's good enough for me.

On my to buy list.

Steve
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2410 Posts

Profile of NeilS
When Steve releases an effect, he likes it to have multiple uses eg The Visionary, which can be taken in so many directions.

The same is true for PsiDev. While a book test with the fl***b*** principle it actually incorporates or leads into other effects you can do. It is a brilliant publication and is also very reasonably priced.

Neil
Nekromant
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Nekromant
It seems to be a nice and subtle add to a psychic party. Definitely looking forward to this.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2410 Posts

Profile of NeilS
It would be brilliant for a psychic party.

One thing it has been particularly useful for is to have it lying about at home. When a visitor calls and happens to notice the book, it's a good excuse to perform a couple of effects. It certainly makes a good talking point.
Nekromant
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Nekromant
Now it's crystal clear, thanks Neil, I really liked the casual approach, the potential here is exciting.
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Thanks so much for the positive comments guys.

This has been a real sleeper. I think I've sold as many copies in the past two weeks as I did in the first 11 months of having PsiDev online. I'm glad it has found a home with several people who "get it".
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3732 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Neil,

Thank you for the recommendation. Just ordered. I am sure I will enjoy it as I trust and value your opinion.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2410 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I think you will be more than pleased Michael. This is so much more than just a book test.

Neil
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12071 Posts

Profile of John C
I've seen this off and on. I realized it wasn't in my matcult collection. It is now, or will be in a few days.

cool. Thanks for reminding me Neil I was running out of reading material. Perhaps I can fool myself.

J

PS: These are next on my list .... Conan Doyle & The Bad Penny
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
My copy was just delivered over the weekend... looking forward to getting into it.

Thanks Mathew !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » PsiDev (Psychic Development Book test) by Mat Cult (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL