The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Is there an area in the Magic Café to buy and sell items? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
but he still can't help build a border wall with only
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
I have looked around a bit and was wondering if there is an area in the Magic Café to buy and sell items?

Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

It's a fact! - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
(This line censored by Dave Scribner because it is in Latin) - What you believe is real, is real!
Who was that masked man and what is he all about? - https://www.pinterest.com/garydsalisbury/
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Yes, just keep scrolling down to "let's make a magic deal"
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Sackninja
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Sackninja
However it's only available for people with over 50 posts. So stick around for a while an soon enough you'll be able to access it.
GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
Aaaaa Haaaa! I figured it was something like that. Thanks!
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

It's a fact! - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
(This line censored by Dave Scribner because it is in Latin) - What you believe is real, is real!
Who was that masked man and what is he all about? - https://www.pinterest.com/garydsalisbury/
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Yes its a bit confusing for newcomers, the lets make a deal section will automatically become available once you have 50 posts, I have got some great bargains here so its worth the wait.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
Are there any other appearing "acts" such as this that will happen as I mature in the Magic Café?

Perhaps a signature line, uploading picture attachments to posts, etc???

Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
There is also the secret sections Too.
RookieMage
View Profile
New user
Rookies only have
58 Posts

Profile of RookieMage
Hey GS121002, I'm kind of hoping to find a "Free Magic Fridays" section, or a Goodwill store with orphaned effects that are seeking good homes with (minimally competent) mages :o)

Word on the street is that I too, will simply have to wait till I hit the magic 50 posts mark.... sigh.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
You would be surprised at what you may find in a thrift shop!

I have found RICE silks, and 18" solid color silks that will work just fine in dye tubes etc. They wont last as long as Rice or Bob Sanders, but, for fifty cents to one dollar, they will provide props at most reasonable prices.

Two years ago in a St. Vincent de Paul store, I "found" a Morrissey double lo*d dove pan, like new, for $1.00!, and a Gen Grant MAK MAGIC, phantom tube for $1.00. The next day I picked up, in the same store, an Abbott Tubes of Buddha. for $1.00. The dove pan retailed at about $60.00, the phantom tube for about $25, and the Tubes of B... over $150.

A few years ago, my pal Jim Jayes found a Morrisey Welsh Rarebit Pan, in the kitchen wares dept of a Goodwill store, for a few bucks. I don't remember the retail, but it was lots more than a few bucks.

I think what happens is some kid buys these "toys", goes off to college, and his mother tosses them.

I find books the same way. The last time, Jon Racherbaumer and I attended a friends of the library rummage sale, and I picked up a Tarbell Vol. I (with dust jacket, for about $3.00.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
RookieMage
View Profile
New user
Rookies only have
58 Posts

Profile of RookieMage
Great job Dick, that is amazing and inspires me to swing by my local thrift stores....
Snoogansgt
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Snoogansgt
I was wondering the same. I need to up my posts so that I can have access to this section as well.
GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

Uninvited
View Profile
New user
Chicago
64 Posts

Profile of Uninvited
Thanks for links to those sites! I will add them to my growing list of places I check regularly to feed my addiction!
jordanamystika
View Profile
New user
IN
52 Posts

Profile of jordanamystika
This is good to know! eBay's good, but I feel like many people love this atmosphere better when buying magic.
esmerdon
View Profile
New user
Knoxville, TN
54 Posts

Profile of esmerdon
Thanks for the sit GS! That's exactly what I needed...more ways for me to spend money Smile
GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
I say, "SUPPORT YOU MAGIC Café FRIENDS" by buying here.
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Is there an area in the Magic Café to buy and sell items? (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL