The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Kainoa Harbottle LIVE (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5373 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Guys the Reel Magic ON Demand Live Event with Kainoa Harbottle is just 2 weeks away. $5 for this and the Garrett Thomas Lecture along with others and 41 issues of Reel Magic. Its just $5

www.reelmagicmagazine.com
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5373 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
10 days
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5373 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
8 days
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5373 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Kainoa was born and raised in Honolulu, HI and began performing magic after spending a good deal of his youth doing local drama. By high school, he was performing semi-professionally, including weekly tablehopping at Curtis Kam’s showroom in Waikiki, as well as in restaurants and private shows for both the business sector and the tourist industry.

After attending college in Los Angeles where he was a Junior Member at the Magic Castle, Kainoa headed east, earning a Ph.D. in English from the University of Delaware. His research is on Victorian performance magic and the connections between the works of Professor Hoffmann and John Nevil Maskelyne with the popular literature and periodicals of the period.

As an educator, Kainoa spent a decade teaching English literature and Theatre History and Production at the university level. There he developed a course where students analyzed magic from fantasy fiction and popular culture--and even the performances of guest magicians, like Larry Haas, Kostya Kimlat, Marc DeSouza, and Garrett Thomas. Recently, he has taught at Punahou School in Honolulu, HI, helping to develop a magic curriculum for grades 6-8 where performing is used to develop poise and public speaking skills.

For the magic community, Kainoa has written extensively on coin manipulation as well as how to apply practical theatrical techniques to increase the quality of the audience’s experience.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5373 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Hes a master in the field...dont miss this....$5
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I've never seen a thread where the first five posts were made by the same person, so I'll break the pattern and be number six. Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2408 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
7days
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On May 26, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
I've never seen a thread where the first five posts were made by the same person, so I'll break the pattern and be number six. Smile

SashaC's run of eleven was pretty special:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30

And here, he is currently on a run of five:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

I'm really hoping he can go the distance.

Best,

Atlas
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5373 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
2 days!!!!!!
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5373 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Heres what kainoa is covering Tuesday night

The No Remorse Routine Performance

Misbehavin

Tablehopper's Quattro

A Lesson in Coinjuring

EZ Miser

Misbehavin Discussion

Four coins appear and disappear in a dizzying display of impossibility. Already a modular routine, Kainoa will perform additional sequences not included in the DVD.

EZ Miser Explanation

Want to look like you can do Misbehavin but only use ONE move? Then pay attention.

Tablehopper's Quattro Explanation

Don't be a slave to your props! A routine that teaches the possibilities that coin magic has to offer.

Lesson in Coinjuring Explanation

Let's go over the edge: a discussion about the techniques and possibilities of Edge Grip.

The No Remorse Routine Discussion

We have seen the individual pieces of an entire routine, but how does one go about putting a routine together?

Another Flipping Three Fly Performance and Explanation

Pushing Edge Grip to the limits. If you like Three Fly, this is going to hurt.

Vamps and Ghosts

The easiest, multi-effect card trick you'll ever do that's also a giveaway AND leaves you with a complete deck. Perfect for Halloween or your next Goth convention.

Conforming Daley's Twins

Several classic packet tricks are interwoven to create a series of experiences for the audience. A great opener if you want to find out what sort of magic your audience really likes.

Homing Coins Performance and Explanation

What happens when you take a card plot and apply it to coins? An even better coin routine!

The Miser's Goblet Performance and Explanation

Kainoa's signature production of a multitude of coins and the dreaded Harbottle Steeplechase Discrepancy

Victorian Coins and Glass Discussion

The latest release from Kozmo Magic: Kainoa's closer for laypeople and magicians alike that plays for three people or three hundred.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1823 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
On the website it states: "Kainoa Harbottle's live lecture IS FREE to all Reel Magic On Demand and Max subscribers!" Which should I sign up for, Reel Magic On Demand or Max? Which is $5 a month? And could you explain once again what you get for that $5 a month? Thanks.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5373 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
On Demand is $5....best value in magic today Smile
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1823 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
OK, went for the combined online-access and DVD-by-mail deal. At $8, how can that be beat? I'm a bit older and have a block sometimes about doing stuff online.

I love Reel Magic magazine, and it will be great to get them in the mail and also to have access to them and periodic lectures online. Looking forward to the Harbottle lecture.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Homing Coins? Come on, really? That's brand-freakin' new stuff. I didn't even get a chance to show it around yet. Man, he's tipping everything.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
**Roper**
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
171 Posts

Profile of **Roper**
Can you sign up and watch the lecture after it's over?
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5373 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
YES.....
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1823 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Wonderful lecture. Reel Magic online is a fantastic deal.

The reason I was reluctant to sign up was that it is stated on the site that the payment method would be AutoPay, or something like that, which would be through Netflix or HuLu, I think. I thought, what's that going to involve? Will I have to give my checking account number and a routing number from a check? I almost didn't go through with it because of my fears, but decided to push ahead anyway to see what would happen. When I found out that the payments are made through PayPal, I was relieved. I use PayPal all the time. I like PayPal.

I give this information in case there is anyone out there who has had the same issues and so maybe Kozmo can change the site.
Doctor D
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Kozmo,

Any word on when this lecture will be available to watch online for those who missed it?
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5373 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Its loading onto the site right now....very soon....it takes a while...all hi res files...very large but also very very pretty Smile
**Roper**
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
171 Posts

Profile of **Roper**
Please update when it's there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Kainoa Harbottle LIVE (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL