The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kenton Knepper: I won't be selling (most of) my stuff any more (47 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Quote:
On May 22, 2015, Dougini wrote:

Never heard of the guy. Bob C. says he is good. I'll check him out! Smile

Doug

Hurry, before all of his work disappears.
I shall see you on the other side.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13150 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Doug,

Kenton is the one who renamed double speak to dual reality.
He has some fine work on linguistics and word usage, and his Wonder Words publications are "THE" work on the subject.
He has other excellent works as well, Mindreading being one of them.

Tony
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Wonder why he is quitting? Piracy? Wouldn't surprise me. Maybe this is a marketing strategy...

Doug
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
859 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Tony, Doug, did anyone ever tell you you both look remarkably alike Smile
I love post its Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Wow! You're right! Ha! I got a bit more gray...

Doug
CurtWaltermire
View Profile
Elite user
Curtis The Mentalist
479 Posts

Profile of CurtWaltermire
If you're not sure who Kenton Knepper is, ask Peter Turner. I understand some skepticism with the whole "going out of business sale" type of mentality as a marketing gimmick, but I highly doubt that is the case with Kenton.
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Quote:
On May 22, 2015, CurtWaltermire wrote:
If you're not sure who Kenton Knepper is, ask Peter Turner. I understand some skepticism with the whole "going out of business sale" type of mentality as a marketing gimmick, but I highly doubt that is the case with Kenton.

If Doug doesn't know Kenton what makes you think he knows Peter Turner? :p Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
LOL! You're right. I'm just starting to study mentalism. Lotta names are not familiar. But I'm glad I ran across this...thanks guys! Smile

Doug
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Doug- I thought you were just kidding Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10616 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On May 22, 2015, E.E. wrote:
Quote:
On May 22, 2015, CurtWaltermire wrote:

If Doug doesn't know Kenton what makes you think he knows Peter Turner? :p Smile

A few years ago I didn't know who you were EE... then bammo - you da man!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Got to say that some of Kenton's works left me a bit underwhelmed. Completely Cold left me completely cold. I prefer the Osterlind and Cassidy approach - publish great stuff, and don't tell us it is the past, present and future of the art. I think it is the marketing that puts me off him. If this is a marketing stunt, as some think, then I am even less impressed.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On May 22, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:
Got to say that some of Kenton's works left me a bit underwhelmed.

Completely Cold left me completely cold.

Then don't complain.

It worked! Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18821 Posts

Profile of IAIN
...once you a ready to see and hear the news that you know is going to make you buy some of kenton's work then you will be blessed and happy buying it now and feeling even happier as you read this message...

would you like to some buy of kenton's work wouldn't you...

anyway - there's lots of very worthwhile work of kenton's - kentonism, twists and trances, mind reading, the secret and more...definitely a man who has contributed a great deal that you should invest in...
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Quote:
On May 22, 2015, saysold1 wrote:

And when I say the word "Hocus Pocus" you will forget that you ever met me... In fact, you will forget your own name... then when I say the word Hocus Pocus again you'll be able to remember everything again...

And now you remember everything cause I already said the word again. Smile

How you feeling? Smile
CurtWaltermire
View Profile
Elite user
Curtis The Mentalist
479 Posts

Quote:
On May 22, 2015, E.E. wrote: If Doug doesn't know Kenton what makes you think he knows Peter Turner? :p Smile

Not to take it too seriously, of course, but here was my line of thinking: First, I thought that Doug was joking also, and I don't mean that in a condescending way ("WHAAAAT? YOU don't know who KENTON IS?"). I also thought that perhaps if Doug was newer to mentalism (even though he appears to be an old fart like me Smile) that it was likely that he knew the likes of Peter Turner, since Peter is a bit more of the current generation of young mentalists who are popular. At the same time, I began to wonder if there were some others who genuinely didn't know who Kenton was, especially because they seemed so quick to be cynical, skeptical, or whatever. SOOO...

My brain signaled my fingers and I posted.

I'm just speaking in Kenton's defense somewhat, I suppose. Since he was a mentor to Peter, I am confident that Peter would speak in his defense as well. I don't know exactly why Kenton is doing this, and I really don't care or presume to know. He's doing it and that's that. Don't buy the stuff if you don't want it. No need to call his character into question, or presume his motives to be selfish, greedy, or whatever.

$.02
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
On May 22, 2015, saysold1 wrote:

And when I say the word "Hocus Pocus" you will forget that you ever met me... In fact, you will forget your own name... then when I say the word Hocus Pocus again you'll be able to remember everything again...

And now you remember everything cause I already said the word again. Smile

How you feeling? Smile

***! It even worked on me! Smile

I want it! Please tell me it is NOT a limited edition! Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Quote:
On May 22, 2015, Lord Of The Horses wrote:

I'm sorry to disappoint you Paolo. This will be limited to just 2,000 copies and the price will be 350€ but it's all for the good of the art... PM me and I'll tell you the shipping costs.
CurtWaltermire
View Profile
Elite user
Curtis The Mentalist
479 Posts

Yaller kuh-rayzee. Smile
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Kenton is indeed a man to watch in Mentalism. Sure, maybe some of his work was too controversial and personal, so it will not fit everyone, and that´s part of the nature of some thoughts, methods and ideas.

He is preparing other site with extra features. My recommendation is to check his site and get some of his work if you are interested. I always find value in his ideas and approaches, although looks like the site is already down.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
On May 22, 2015, Lord Of The Horses wrote:

I'm sorry to disappoint you Paolo. This will be limited to just 2,000 copies and the price will be 350€ but it's all for the good of the art... PM me and I'll tell you the shipping costs.

For that HIGH price I hope you go an extra.mile and include a carrying case for your gimmick!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kenton Knepper: I won't be selling (most of) my stuff any more (47 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL