The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kenton Knepper: I won't be selling (most of) my stuff any more (47 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
BillyAcre
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of BillyAcre
A Very Personal Message from Kenton Knepper

First of all, I want to THANK YOU for supporting all of my work over the decades. I have created and shared a large amount of original material. But now that's about to stop. More about that in a moment.

Second, I want you to know that the wonderwizards.com website will continue. It simply will not have the majority of the material I have created on it anymore.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4864 Posts

Profile of landmark
We shall see.
MVoss
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
372 Posts

Profile of MVoss
Why is he closing it down?
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5707 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Yes, why?
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
eusbanger
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of eusbanger
I don't understand why
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1483 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Limited editions bring in more money. Over saturating a market with your material is unwise. Good tactic, get a lot out there, build up a name for yourself, then disappear and create false scarcity.
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Was getting the feeling they are creating a new site and the material will still be available, possibly in a different form though?
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of E.E.
I shall see you on the other side.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On May 21, 2015, E.E. wrote:

Ever... You are a sneaky disbeliever... Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Quote:
On May 21, 2015, Lord Of The Horses wrote:

Ever... You are a sneaky disbeliever... Smile

Paolo, A friend of ours is going to get upset with this news... Smile Smile
I shall see you on the other side.
Mr Timothy Gray
View Profile
Veteran user
Rue d'Auseil
362 Posts

Profile of Mr Timothy Gray
The message is very cryptic, isn't it? A form of double speak. It won't be available - but it will! - just not all of it! - in a certain kind of package! - there still will be stuff! - most of it will be gone though! - but we'll still have plenty available for you!
Yr. Obdt. Svt.,
Mr Timothy Gray

Specializing in the Occult Arts of Fortune Telling, Magic & Mediumship; Est. 1986
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Who is Kenton Knepper?

Doug
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1710 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Kenton Knepper, in his announcement, assures us, "A handful of my classic works will remain on the website as they are the foundations of current mentalism and magic." To the extent that his (unnamed in the announcement) "classic works" are in fact that foundational, I have been clueless most of the six years I have been into Mentalism.

George
truman
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of truman
Three of Kenton Knepper's works are listed by Bob Cassidy in his "Thirty-Nine Steps to Mentalism."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On May 21, 2015, truman wrote:
Three of Kenton Knepper's works are listed by Bob Cassidy in his "Thirty-Nine Steps to Mentalism."

Yep. And here's what I wrote:
Quote:

Kenton Knepper:

Wonder Words
Completely Cold
Miracles of Suggestion

Different, original, powerful, mind-expanding, seminal, important, essential, Kenton occasionally comes under fire for some of his radical approaches to our art. His work, though, is the most important development in mentalism of the last decade. This is the stuff that turns skeptics into believers.
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Quote:
On May 21, 2015, Dougini wrote:
Who is Kenton Knepper?

Doug

Really?
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4864 Posts

Profile of landmark
Just so long as the thong is still available.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Hmm, must get one of those and wear it outside my trousers superman style !!!
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1710 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
In response to Bob and other friends, I did not mean to suggest that Knepper had published nothing of worth. You may see what I mean when I take the liberty to capitalize two words in Kenton's announcement: "A handful of my classic works will remain on the website as they are THE foundations of current mentalism AND magic."

A number of people, including Cassidy, have published something foundational or seminally important in Mentalism, without claiming (or implying) they are THE foundations of current mentalism AND magic. While some hyperbole helps make a point, other hyperbole is indulgent and over the top.

To restate my original confession: If Kenton's work is THAT foundational, that reality has so far bypassed me in toto. I am still willing to be shown, and still willing to do some reading.

George
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On May 22, 2015, MatCult wrote:
Quote:
On May 21, 2015, Dougini wrote:
Who is Kenton Knepper?

Doug

Really?

Never heard of the guy. Bob C. says he is good. I'll check him out! Smile

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kenton Knepper: I won't be selling (most of) my stuff any more (47 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL