The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Box Pad by Gary Jones and Chris Congreave (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
This is a very startling change of a note pad into a fully functional box of cards. Box Pad by Gary Jones and Chris Congreave is magic that gets gasps. Click the link for more details and for a cool presentation idea.

"Holding a small note pad you approach a group of people, or an individual. The note pad turns into a card box. You then follow by opening the card box and taking the cards out to perform a card trick."

No sleight of hand needed
Custom made gimmick supplied
Comes with DVD with full explanations

Free shipping in the U.S. and prompt shipping for just ÂŁ3 in the UK.
We personally curate every product we sell because we put quality and service first.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
I think this looks brilliant. I loved Gary Jone's noted and ue it all the time, but having it self contained in a card box is very clever in my opinion. I cant wait for mine to arrive.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
It is excellent and I use it all the time.

Another fantastic product from Gary & Chris, The Dynamic Duo lol.

Mike Donoghue

ps. You could title your next Materclass as THE DYNAMIC DUO WORKSHOP
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Now this is practical magic. Real workers material. This is the kind of effect people should be supporting.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
It comes ready to go right out of the box, correct?
No arts and crafts required?
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
Videoman, the gimmick is already made up for you.
lumberjohn
View Profile
Special user
Memphis, TN
626 Posts

Profile of lumberjohn
How is this different from Noted 2.0?
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
Lumberjohn

With Box pad you make the box appear rather than the pack of cards.
lumberjohn
View Profile
Special user
Memphis, TN
626 Posts

Profile of lumberjohn
Thanks.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

I own noted and love it. For me the benefit of this is its self contained amd no gimmick to ditch. Not that ditching the gimmick is hard at all.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Plus, the gimmick locks so you can still do all the card under/in box routines, oh, and the reset is almost instant!

Gary.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

This has just arrived and just like noted; its a winner. However; I think that whilst noted is fantastic; this is a brilliant extension of the original idea. As gary has said; it locks in place so you get a great illusion of the note pad with the benefit of being able to use the box for any other routines and not having a gimmick to get rid of. It also means there is almost no chance of the gimmick getting broken. I've just added this to my card box and think it is a brilliant easy opener for any card set.

Highly recommended.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Is all the colour good to go with the gimmick?, as I did have a slight issue with Noted 2.0 and had to make a change which was not to much hassle, but rather I did not have had to of changed it.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

The gimmick is red or blue bicycle but unlike noted, you don't see the gimmick near the deck ao in truth, you could add the gimmick to most decks. Would anyone notice? I doubt it. Hope that makes sense.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On May 27, 2015, Paul S Wingham wrote:
The gimmick is red or blue bicycle but unlike noted, you don't see the gimmick near the deck ao in truth, you could add the gimmick to most decks. Would anyone notice? I doubt it. Hope that makes sense.

Many thanks Paul,might have tom get this one look's great.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Boxpad – Chris Congreave

Product description : Looking for a good opener ? Look no further, go at a table with a little note pad in your hand, people don't know you're a magician and in a flash, the note pad turns into a solid box of cards, you can then take out the deck from the box and perform your usual routine. The description is quite "straight to the point" because Boxpad isn't a trick in itself but more an opener, a visual thing to do before actually going into a longer routine.

Price and where to buy it : This is sold at $30 and you can get from any partner of Murphy's Magic !

What you get : You get a very thin DVD case, the one MagicTao is using all the time, inside the DVD which is well shot and the explanations are clear enough. You're also supplied with a gimmick, either red or blue, depending on what you ordered. The gimmick is really well made and should last a long time, it is made so it would look like a bicycle box, you can't really use another type of box. Overall, happy with what you receive, you just need to supply a matching deck and box of the same color.

Teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h7Dvl-Lf28

The pros and the cons : Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS :
The price is $5 more than "Noted 2.0" which is the exact same effect but done with a deck of cards instead of a box of cards. I don't see why the price went up like this, well I see, they have added another small thing so that the gimmick can lock with Boxpad but it would have been the same without this small thing.
The place of the small thing is not good, in the DVD, it is placed at the bottom of the gimmick and on the gimmick I received, it is in the middle, I don't really see how it's better than at the bottom.
You're stuck to a bicycle type cardbox and it can't be examined.

THE PROS :
You have multiple ways of achieving the change, wether doing it very visually or with a little bit more misdirection, it's entirely up to you.
The gimmick is well made and does match an actual box of cards so the camouflage is quite cool.
With a little bit of imagination, this could be the perfect way to begin an invisible deck routine, turning the notepad you've been holding the entire time into a deck of cards and so on.
The fact the gimmick is built on the box allows you to get rid of it very easily when with Noted 2.0, you had to get rid of the jokers to be clean.
They do supply another thing to make the whole thing more convincing and so that you'll be less worried about your angles but don't bother putting it on your box, it's not worth it. Because if you do so, you can't freely show the box of cards, which is a major drawback in my opinion. It's better to manage your angles (which are quite good by the way) instead of loosing the ability of showing the box from all sides. But it's good that they have included this in case of anyone wanting to do it.
You can write with dry erase marker on the "notepad" and you can erase it so it opens a whole new world f possibilities with the gimmick.

Overall rating : It's a good trick, which gets great reactions. I will be using it for the beginning of my invisible deck routine, I have found an interesting presentation and the transformation of the notepad into a deck will be a great addition. I've been using Noted 2.0 a lot and I will be using this too, 4/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, it's self working, the gimmick does all the job for you, 0/5 stars.

Similar products : If you like this plot, check out the first one, Noted 2.0 which was a great way to approach a table too !

If you liked this review, make sure to check my other ones on my website, link in my signature !

Thanks to Murphy's Magic for sending me this product !
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
eboetcker
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, FL
187 Posts

Profile of eboetcker
Old Trick - New Review!
Sebastian Midtvage reviews BoxPad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79zw7Z7OR24
In case you were still wondering about this effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Box Pad by Gary Jones and Chris Congreave (5 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL