The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ireland leads the way (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2785 Posts

Profile of lunatik
The point is that it will be the Left, the Liberals who will give majority support for polygamy when it eventually becomes headlines and cases heard before our courts. Am I crazy for thinking so? Hardly.....It's just not a topic that they want to tackle right now as it doesn't fit their agenda at this point in time, but mark my words, take a screenshot of this post and I'll place a nice bet that I am right Smile
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Tommy, we have had a problem with paedophelia in Ireland, and many priests have been jailed. But we still lag far behind the UK and USA in the rate of paedophelia.

And that, and polygamy, have nothing to do with marriage equality.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2785 Posts

Profile of lunatik
But at some point, polygamy WILL have something to do with marriage equality. That is my prediction and if Vegas was taking bets, if put my entire life savings in.

I wonder what those here who say that it's not going to happen or that it has nothing to do with marriage equality will say once it does hit fan. I wonder how many will backtrack and do and say exactly as some of us predict? Let me guess....your position "evolved"
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On May 26, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:
Tommy, we have had a problem with paedophelia in Ireland, and many priests have been jailed. But we still lag far behind the UK and USA in the rate of paedophelia.

Do you have a source for that Ireland/UK thing, or is that one of those things that you just know?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
There is a café by us that is owned by a Greek family and next door to that is a shop, which is owned by a gay couple. They were all on friendly terms, until one day the gay couple parked up outside the café and the Greeks saw then kissing in the presence of some children. That is when the trouble stated and is one of those things that we just know.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On May 26, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:

Do you have a source for that Ireland/UK thing, or is that one of those things that you just know?

Multiple sources, including UNICEF. That's what makes it one of the things I know.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1217 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On May 26, 2015, tommy wrote:
Buggery is sexual abuse by virtue of it not conforming to nature that’s all.

The only unnatural sex is sex that cannot be performed.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On May 27, 2015, imgic wrote:
Quote:

I hope your kidding. Think about what you are claiming. I mean really think about it. Unnatural being the Key Word. Not just the sex acts most commonly referred to as unnatural, but UNNATURAL sex acts...again, think about it. Don't ask me for more details. They can not be posted here.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
Imgic is quite right but when he implies that I said it was unnatural he is quite wrong. There is nothing supernatural about buggery or anything else that is possible. There exist many things that do not conform to nature however. It is the essence of art actually. One might consider all perverted acts as works of art as grotesque as they may be. Maybe we could open an art gallery with such works on pedestals. The mind boggles. Early to bed and early to rise makes and man healthy, wealthy and wise, as it conforms to nature, as opposed to the repulsive act of staying up all night watching poker games. Loosely speaking one might say such things are unnatural but strictly speaking they can’t be.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Hermit
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Quote:
On May 27, 2015, imgic wrote:
Quote:

Not so in Tijuana.
The Hermit
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Quote:

I don't think you're trying hard enough.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6761 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Irish gay marriage vote a defeat for humanity.- The Vatican.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On May 28, 2015, magicfish wrote:
Irish gay marriage vote a defeat for humanity.- The Vatican.

It is a good job we withdrew our embassy from the Vatican a few years ago then.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1582 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
The result was a resounding NO to the Vatican/Catholic church. Of course they will never accept it as such & will continue to live in a nostalgic fantasy, all the while thinking that they still have a stranglehold on this country. They don't, & they never will again.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On May 25, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
As someone who spent quite a number of years making a living writing and editing other people's writing, and as someone who owns several of Bob's books, I'm happy to go on record as stating that Bob is an excellent writer IMO.

I can't pass by this without expressing agreement.

Bob is a superb writers and would be a much wealthier man if he had not confined himself to a niche market, but it's the niche he loves so perfectly understandable.

Bob's writing on mentalism sparkles - it's full of wit and personality - anyone who doubts me should put out just a few bucks for anyone of his offerings and if you disagreed 'I'll happily PayPal you the cost of the book.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
It looks like Australia will now soon move on marriage equality - we don't need a referendum but the major political parties wish to have a generally bi-partisan approach.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
It looks like Australia will now soon move on marriage equality - we don't need a referendum but the major political parties wish to have a generally bi-partisan approach.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On May 28, 2015, Destiny wrote:
Quote:
On May 25, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
As someone who spent quite a number of years making a living writing and editing other people's writing, and as someone who owns several of Bob's books, I'm happy to go on record as stating that Bob is an excellent writer IMO.

I can't pass by this without expressing agreement.

Bob is a superb writers and would be a much wealthier man if he had not confined himself to a niche market, but it's the niche he loves so perfectly understandable.

Bob's writing on mentalism sparkles - it's full of wit and personality - anyone who doubts me should put out just a few bucks for anyone of his offerings and if you disagreed 'I'll happily PayPal you the cost of the book.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. It's nice to know that at least two people read my stuff. Smile
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6761 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On May 28, 2015, innercirclewannabe wrote:
The result was a resounding NO to the Vatican/Catholic church. Of course they will never accept it as such & will continue to live in a nostalgic fantasy, all the while thinking that they still have a stranglehold on this country. They don't, & they never will again.

Sounds exactly like a several hundred year old English quote. I applaud your protestantism sir.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Bob, as a professional writer I will add to the chorus. You do write well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ireland leads the way (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL