We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ireland leads the way (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, Destiny wrote:
Here's a short list of children raised by good Christian heterosexual parents with great morals: Josh Duggar.


The Duggars are find Christians. I know because Mike Huckabee said so in his recent statement supporting them

I'm sure Dennis Hastert is also a fine role model.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I wonder what the percentage is of children who would take the steps that would send one of their children to prison.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Lobo- I think that the fact that Josh Duggar committed his offenses AT THE SAME TIME as his father was publicly stating that rape and incest should be punishable by death raises some serious questions about the father's integrity, especially since he took steps to make certain that records regarding his son's offenses were destroyed.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I think most people who believe in the death penalty (or even life in prison) as an appropriate penalty for murder would nonetheless take steps to help their child avoid that penalty.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
And didn't the Duggars intentionally delay things till the statute of limitations was passed?

At least so far as the father goes we know he's a vital and energetic fellow - he probably thinks of the show as '19 kids and mounting.'
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I'm still thinking David Kaczynski is the exception.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:

I wonder what the percentage is of [parents?] who would take the steps that would send one of their children to prison.

You send 14 year olds to prison now? (That being the age when Josh admitted his wrong doing to his pa.)
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I think the relevant point here is that Duggar and the organization he belongs to, as well as his supporters like Huckabee, are among the most outspoken against equal rights for members of the LGBT community.

It's simply about the sheer hypocrisy.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
The conversation when Josh confessed to his Pa.

"Dad, I ***ed sis."

"Whew, at least you're not gay."
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
I think the relevant point here is that Duggar and the organization he belongs to, as well as his supporters like Huckabee, are among the most outspoken against equal rights for members of the LGBT community.

It's simply about the sheer hypocrisy.


I'm not sure how that's relevant.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, balducci wrote:
The conversation when Josh confessed to his Pa.

"Dad, I ***ed sis."

"Whew, at least you're not gay."



Smile
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:

I wonder what the percentage is of [parents?] who would take the steps that would send one of their children to prison.

You send 14 year olds to prison now? (That being the age when Josh admitted his wrong doing to his pa.)



Haven't been allowed to execute them for years.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2770 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:

I wonder what the percentage is of [parents?] who would take the steps that would send one of their children to prison.

You send 14 year olds to prison now? (That being the age when Josh admitted his wrong doing to his pa.)


There's a special "prison" called "Juvenile Hall" for minors who commit serious crimes. When they reach 18, they are released and their records sealed. Craig Price killed people here in Rhode Island and bragged that he would get out at 18. Then they found him violating rules in the Hall and transferred him to prison at 18. He claimed it was because he was black, and yet, his behavior keeps getting his sentence in prison extended.

Although, there are some areas where minors as young as 15 can be tried and sentenced as adults.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, balducci wrote:
The conversation when Josh confessed to his Pa.

"Dad, I ***ed sis."

"Whew, at least you're not gay."



The chances are there's a gay kid in that family somewhere, and it's going to be interesting to see if the parents are as forgiving when that comes up as they have been with Josh.

Lobo, this family hold themselves up as exemplars of traditional Christian marriage. They, and Josh in particular, use the family mores to assert the superiority of 'traditional' marriage over gay marriage. But their lifestyle failed at least 6 children - 1 son, 4 daughters, and someone else's daughter did not get the childhood they deserved.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
I think the relevant point here is that Duggar and the organization he belongs to, as well as his supporters like Huckabee, are among the most outspoken against equal rights for members of the LGBT community.

It's simply about the sheer hypocrisy.


I'm not sure how that's relevant.


Really? The relevance seems obvious to me. On the one hand you have people condemning gay marriage, and on the other, you have many of the same people supporting the Duggars.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
I don't even like the sound of the name, "Duggars". Good thing I am open minded and listen to reason. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ireland leads the way (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL