We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ireland leads the way (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11~12~13 [Next]
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6785 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Very well. Then I accept.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
We are talking about the Republic of Ireland, right? I'm guessing Norther Ireland is still a backward haven for homophobes like the rest of the world?
Darth_Prime
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, Darth_Prime wrote:
Yaaaas!

I'm so happy for Ireland, it's sad that people are voting on our rights, just because we are Gay doesn't mean we shouldn't be recognized as Human... hopefully the US can get it right finally too


I've never heard ANYONE say gays were Inhuman... NEVER ... I've heard them called sinful, just like the rest of us .. But NEVER INHUMAN ... Do you have examples of that?



Just do a quick Google search on the phrase "gays called subhuman." I just did and there's not enough space to even think about putting all the links here.



Yes, Thank you!
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, magicfish wrote:
Very well. Then I accept.


I make no apology to you because none is needed.

I'm very aware of your contempt for me and occasionally decide to return fire - I find it entertaining.

We come on the internet and declare our beliefs and argue them.

It's apparently good and correct when you or anyone who agrees with you does it but loving the sound of my own voice when I do it.

And while you occasionally bother to put up the facts, your more frequent inclination is to mock or dismiss the poster.

I used to watch an acquaintance do that. When he couldn't win with facts he resorted to arguing with the tone of voice, or choice of words, or facial expression, or hand gestures of the person he was talking to in order to move the conversation to where he felt on surer ground and away from what he couldn't dispute.

This is like deja vu all over again.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, rockwall wrote:

We are talking about the Republic of Ireland, right? I'm guessing Norther Ireland is still a backward haven for homophobes like the rest of the world?

What do you mean like the rest of the world? Gay marriage is accepted in more and more nations. And more and more U.S. states, for that matter.

Northern Ireland is likely to follow suit sooner than later.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/......-ireland
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17686 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, Darth_Prime wrote:
Yaaaas!

I'm so happy for Ireland, it's sad that people are voting on our rights, just because we are Gay doesn't mean we shouldn't be recognized as Human... hopefully the US can get it right finally too


I've never heard ANYONE say gays were Inhuman... NEVER ... I've heard them called sinful, just like the rest of us .. But NEVER INHUMAN ... Do you have examples of that?


Just do a quick Google search on the phrase "gays called subhuman." I just did and there's not enough space to even think about putting all the links here.


I put in "Bob Cassidy hates old women" and got 188,000 hits ..... ROTFLMAO ... google fun times mean nothing..

I have never heard anyone call a gay person "subhuman" in my life .. I also have never heard anyone say "Bob Cassidy hates old women" in my life....
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, Darth_Prime wrote:
Yaaaas!

I'm so happy for Ireland, it's sad that people are voting on our rights, just because we are Gay doesn't mean we shouldn't be recognized as Human... hopefully the US can get it right finally too


I've never heard ANYONE say gays were Inhuman... NEVER ... I've heard them called sinful, just like the rest of us .. But NEVER INHUMAN ... Do you have examples of that?


Just do a quick Google search on the phrase "gays called subhuman." I just did and there's not enough space to even think about putting all the links here.


I put in "Bob Cassidy hates old women" and got 188,000 hits ..... ROTFLMAO ... google fun times mean nothing..

I have never heard anyone call a gay person "subhuman" in my life .. I also have never heard anyone say "Bob Cassidy hates old women" in my life....


Well then once you finish chuckling you might consider that Hitler gassed Jews, gypsies, blacks, the mentally and physically handicapped, and GAYS - because they were subhuman.
Darth_Prime
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, Darth_Prime wrote:
Yaaaas!

I'm so happy for Ireland, it's sad that people are voting on our rights, just because we are Gay doesn't mean we shouldn't be recognized as Human... hopefully the US can get it right finally too


I've never heard ANYONE say gays were Inhuman... NEVER ... I've heard them called sinful, just like the rest of us .. But NEVER INHUMAN ... Do you have examples of that?


Just do a quick Google search on the phrase "gays called subhuman." I just did and there's not enough space to even think about putting all the links here.


I put in "Bob Cassidy hates old women" and got 188,000 hits ..... ROTFLMAO ... google fun times mean nothing..

I have never heard anyone call a gay person "subhuman" in my life .. I also have never heard anyone say "Bob Cassidy hates old women" in my life....


well you're lucky, because I have to myself and to others
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
I wonder why Ireland never went to war with Hitler.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6785 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, Destiny wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, magicfish wrote:
Very well. Then I accept.


I make no apology to you because none is needed.

I'm very aware of your contempt for me and occasionally decide to return fire - I find it entertaining.

We come on the internet and declare our beliefs and argue them.

It's apparently good and correct when you or anyone who agrees with you does it but loving the sound of my own voice when I do it.

And while you occasionally bother to put up the facts, your more frequent inclination is to mock or dismiss the poster.

I used to watch an acquaintance do that. When he couldn't win with facts he resorted to arguing with the tone of voice, or choice of words, or facial expression, or hand gestures of the person he was talking to in order to move the conversation to where he felt on surer ground and away from what he couldn't dispute.

This is like deja vu all over again.


Well, you already said sorry to me in this very thread. And since you wrote this:
"I never make 'snide, shallow' apologies. Anytime I apologise I mean it." - I assumed you meant it.
I guess it was a snide, shallow apology.
And no, there is no contempt for you. I just constantly have to defend myself against your unprovoked attacks.
It seems you are filled with contempt.
I wish it would stop. Pick on someone else. I'm getting tired of it.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, Darth_Prime wrote:
Yaaaas!

I'm so happy for Ireland, it's sad that people are voting on our rights, just because we are Gay doesn't mean we shouldn't be recognized as Human... hopefully the US can get it right finally too


I've never heard ANYONE say gays were Inhuman... NEVER ... I've heard them called sinful, just like the rest of us .. But NEVER INHUMAN ... Do you have examples of that?


Just do a quick Google search on the phrase "gays called subhuman." I just did and there's not enough space to even think about putting all the links here.


I put in "Bob Cassidy hates old women" and got 188,000 hits ..... ROTFLMAO ... google fun times mean nothing..

I have never heard anyone call a gay person "subhuman" in my life .. I also have never heard anyone say "Bob Cassidy hates old women" in my life....


Congratulations for one of the stupidest posts I've ever read. Rather than do the simple search I suggested, you ignore it in order to mock me.

But I'll help you just a bit:

"Priest defends college student, says gay sex 'subhuman'"
http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/abbott/051101

http://www.wtae.com/Duquesne-Student-San....../7694784

Then, of course, there is the notorious "Untermensch" of Nazi ideology. I'm really surprised you never heard of that before:

Quote:
Worst of all were seen to be the parasitic Untermensch (Subhumans), mainly Jews, but also Gypsies, homosexuals, disabled and so called anti-socials, all of whom were considered lebensunwertes Leben (Lifeunworthy Life) due to their perceived deficiency and inferiority.


http://www.nazism.net/about/ideological_theory/

There are hundreds of other ACTUAL LINKS to instances of gays being referred to as sub-human, but I'm sure you'll just ignore them so you can ROTFLYAO in ignorant bliss.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
This discussion is the same one I left 4 or so years ago when I got banned (For the second or third time, I can't remember).

I'll help everyone here to find their center: T.V. tells you God will, without mercy, brutally
(in his justice and mercy we know as "the fruits of the spirit": Love, Joy, Peace, Long-Suffereing, Kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self control)
murder horrifically and without regard for............................................................................................ This expresses my dramatic pause...................................... love, joy, peace, long-suffereing, kindnesss, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control. everyone who does not meet his biblical expressions of perfections -As currently expressed by Fox news- I am of course joking, using the standard conservative opinion as ballast.

I expect to meet every Christian who condemns another in hell (Yes, I mean you, I will meet YOU, YOU [u]YOU[/u] ! I will meet you in hell and for nothing more than your condemnation of another.

Matthew 7:2 ►
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, Scott Burton wrote:
Congrats Tony! Congrats Ireland! Stories like this make me feel good.

From all I could read, it is only the Catholic church that publicly opposed this. All political parties showed support. Is this really the case? (I realize that world news and local realities may be very different)

All the political parties, major and minor, supported the Yes vote, though one (Renua) was a bit weak in their support. The catholic church officially was on the No side, but were not heavily involved in the campaign, and said that parishioners should vote according to their conscience. A poll before the vote revealed that one in four priests was either going to vote Yes, or was seriously considering voting Yes.

The only real opposition came from an ultra-conservative right-wing catholic think-tank, the Iona Institute. But they are nutcases with no popular base.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Quote:
But they are nutcases


I bet they would disagree. Who can makle the call?
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6785 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On May 24, 2015, Destiny wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, Darth_Prime wrote:
Yaaaas!

I'm so happy for Ireland, it's sad that people are voting on our rights, just because we are Gay doesn't mean we shouldn't be recognized as Human... hopefully the US can get it right finally too


I've never heard ANYONE say gays were Inhuman... NEVER ... I've heard them called sinful, just like the rest of us .. But NEVER INHUMAN ... Do you have examples of that?


Just do a quick Google search on the phrase "gays called subhuman." I just did and there's not enough space to even think about putting all the links here.


I put in "Bob Cassidy hates old women" and got 188,000 hits ..... ROTFLMAO ... google fun times mean nothing..

I have never heard anyone call a gay person "subhuman" in my life .. I also have never heard anyone say "Bob Cassidy hates old women" in my life....


Well then once you finish chuckling you might consider that Hitler gassed Jews, gypsies, blacks, the mentally and physically handicapped, and GAYS - because they were subhuman.

And Freemasons
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On May 24, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, Scott Burton wrote:
Congrats Tony! Congrats Ireland! Stories like this make me feel good.

From all I could read, it is only the Catholic church that publicly opposed this. All political parties showed support. Is this really the case? (I realize that world news and local realities may be very different)

All the political parties, major and minor, supported the Yes vote, though one (Renua) was a bit weak in their support. The catholic church officially was on the No side, but were not heavily involved in the campaign, and said that parishioners should vote according to their conscience. A poll before the vote revealed that one in four priests was either going to vote Yes, or was seriously considering voting Yes.

The only real opposition came from an ultra-conservative right-wing catholic think-tank, the Iona Institute. But they are nutcases with no popular base.


And yet almost 40% voted no?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On May 24, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, Scott Burton wrote:
Congrats Tony! Congrats Ireland! Stories like this make me feel good.

From all I could read, it is only the Catholic church that publicly opposed this. All political parties showed support. Is this really the case? (I realize that world news and local realities may be very different)

All the political parties, major and minor, supported the Yes vote, though one (Renua) was a bit weak in their support. The catholic church officially was on the No side, but were not heavily involved in the campaign, and said that parishioners should vote according to their conscience. A poll before the vote revealed that one in four priests was either going to vote Yes, or was seriously considering voting Yes.

The only real opposition came from an ultra-conservative right-wing catholic think-tank, the Iona Institute. But they are nutcases with no popular base.


And yet almost 40% voted no?


As I speculated above, my guess is that many who voted NO did so at least partially on sacramental grounds. A jealous god and all that.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
On the 40% who voted no, there are a number of factors in play. Some are ardent catholics following the party line. Some are in favour of gay civil unions, but not marriage. Some have concerns about issues such as surrogacy and adoption laws, rather than with marriage equality. And a large portion were just voting against the government, who are embroiled in a big battle over stealth taxes.

At least half of that, perhaps more, was not a homophobic vote.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On May 24, 2015, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, Destiny wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, magicfish wrote:
Very well. Then I accept.


I make no apology to you because none is needed.

I'm very aware of your contempt for me and occasionally decide to return fire - I find it entertaining.

We come on the internet and declare our beliefs and argue them.

It's apparently good and correct when you or anyone who agrees with you does it but loving the sound of my own voice when I do it.

And while you occasionally bother to put up the facts, your more frequent inclination is to mock or dismiss the poster.

I used to watch an acquaintance do that. When he couldn't win with facts he resorted to arguing with the tone of voice, or choice of words, or facial expression, or hand gestures of the person he was talking to in order to move the conversation to where he felt on surer ground and away from what he couldn't dispute.

This is like deja vu all over again.


Well, you already said sorry to me in this very thread. And since you wrote this:
"I never make 'snide, shallow' apologies. Anytime I apologise I mean it." - I assumed you meant it.
I guess it was a snide, shallow apology.
And no, there is no contempt for you. I just constantly have to defend myself against your unprovoked attacks.
It seems you are filled with contempt.
I wish it would stop. Pick on someone else. I'm getting tired of it.

I used the word 'sorry' not in apology but Ss it is often used as a polite introduction to bad or disappointing news. Anyway I'm moving on - life's too short and neither of us will give on this so its pointless. I genuinely wish you a great day.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ireland leads the way (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL