The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » The Boris Wild Marked Deck is back! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Orlan
View Profile
Loyal user
WA
223 Posts

Profile of Orlan
Hi everyone!
Let me start by saying I've never used a marked deck before and haven't even been interested in trying one before this. Last month I attended a Boris Wild lecture (I knew about his work, but hadn't seen much of it), and while it didn't make me change my mind completely, I did get curious and was thinking about giving marked cards a try (not for everyday use, because of the cost). Since USPCC stopped printing on Bicycle backs, the Rider back BW marked deck are not being produced anymore, but he announced they would be back soon using Maiden backs. Since I've been thinking about trying them, I've been periodically checking and discovered that they are now up for sale on his site (http://www.boriswild.com/magicshop/Boris......eck.html), in case someone else is interested. He said they would also be carried by magic dealers, so they should be available from you favorite dealer soon. I haven't used Maiden backs before, so I don't have an opinion on them yet.

Does anyone here have any experience or thoughts to share about using marked cards? Any thoughts or recommendations on his book (Transparency)? Ultimate Marked Deck?

I'm curious to hear what you think!
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
If you like the Boris Wild system, in my opinion, The Phoenix Marked Deck is the best currently available.

Similar to the Wild marking, but, for me, easier to read.

And, other features.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Orlan
View Profile
Loyal user
WA
223 Posts

Profile of Orlan
Ah, yes. I've seen the marked Phoenix deck and will try it out at some point.
It's completely different to the Wild marking system, but I think Christian did a good job incorporating the markings in the back design.
Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » The Boris Wild Marked Deck is back! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL