We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Forever by Outlaw Effects Story (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

webtech
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of webtech
Quick story to share you.
I got the Forever piece from Rick at Outlaw Effects on Wednesday and have to say what great customer service and communication I received. Rick did a great job. For the box - Wow. What a beautiful effect. It looks better then I imagined. I set my wife up so good. Lol. For 2 weeks since we moved into this new house we've both been hearing the water running and footsteps in my upstairs office. So I checked the attic which has the access through the closet by way of a 6 ft ladder. Told her there was no way someone has been up there. Too hot and small but I told her I see a small wooden box that I couldn't reach without her holding the ladder for me. This past Friday was the perfect time to set her up. I planted the Forever box in the attic along with the arm in a black pouch. With my wife holding the ladder steady I brought it down I kept saying "what is this?" She thought it was a critter trap or something. I set it on the dresser and we both looked inside and saw the old doll. Immediately she freaked out. Saying she wants to move, what is this black magic, let's sell the house etc. So then I showed her the pouch and as she takes out the arm. She looks up to see the doll is now looking through the window and it just scared the hell out of her. She kept saying "it's moving, look I think I saw it move". Then the doll moves back down. She says "see, look at that! Oh my God!" Then she literally ran out of the room. I finally had to chase her down and let her in on the joke. Her heart was pounding. Lol. So now she's plotting with me to get her mom or friends that will be over on Memorial day. I'm sticking with the story that we found the box in the attic left behind by the previous owner. It worked so well. This box looks fantastic. I have it sitting on my shelf just waiting for someone to ask me what it is! Hahaha!
R. Steiner
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of R. Steiner
Very funny! I'd hate to be in your shoes...
webtech
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of webtech
She's a good sport Steiner.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6992 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Oh man! Good one! I love it! Hee heee!

Doug
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Nicely played! now you have a great backstory for the prop that you can use in performance as well!
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Nice!!!!! Lol
webtech
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of webtech
Thanks all. I had such a hard time trying to keep a straight face throughout. It went over so well.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2546 Posts

Profile of 252life
Great story! Thx for sharing Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
SlipperySnake
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of SlipperySnake
Does anybody have one of these for sale?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Forever by Outlaw Effects Story (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL