The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Wondering about veterans (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
United States Marine Corps
"Cold Weather Service Operations"
~Golden Shellback and Emerald Bluenose~

Thank you all for your service folks!

Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On May 26, 2015, Devious wrote:
United States Marine Corps
"Cold Weather Service Operations"
~Golden Shellback and Emerald Bluenose~

Thank you all for your service folks!

Back at ya brother. So mote it be.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
U.S. Air Force, Law Enforcement/Investigations, 1971-1992
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5284 Posts

Profile of RNK
Thanks to ALL you who have put your life on the line for us. You are the TRUE Hero's!

God Bless You All!!

RNK
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
USAF, Intelligence. 1982-1994 became medically disqualified

Served at Offutt AFB (Nebraska), Osan AFB (South Korea), Dyess AFB (Texas), Misawa AB (Japan), and Griffiss AFB (New York), and several TDY locations.
Indistinguishable
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Indistinguishable
Hi there all magicians who've served in the forces! I've been in magic for 40+ years and was a pilot-scholar - which meant I had airforce training in my schooldays in UK. In the end though the RAF and I parted ways before college, but I continued the flying, but branched into journalism and writing. I'm currently researching a book about the interaction between magic and warfare --- elements include Kalanag in Nazi Germany, the roles of Mulholland and Scarne in the USA, and the British ENSA entertainment battalions during WWII. I would be interested to correspond with those of you who have served - to get some of your particular viewpoints about magic in conflict zones. (In my journalism days I was in a fair few conflict zones, so I have my own perspectives too to compare). Please PM me if you'd be willing to chat a bit on this topic. Thanks/Patrick
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8361 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Ha! I've been "around" in the Café since December, 2012, and, just "found" this thread!!!

I was in the Navy, January 1951 -- January 1955. Served at NAS, Norfolk, VA. and at the Armed Forces Staff College, in Norfolk. I grew up a lot, learned a lot, and, the K-VET bill put me through college.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Colonel Clark
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa, AZ
127 Posts

Profile of Colonel Clark
I flew helicopters in the USMC. My last assignment was as CO of a Cobra gunship squadron. Retired in 1976 as Lt. Col.

Wishing a Happy New Year to all, especially to those deployed.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9022 Posts

Profile of funsway
I just found this too.

Served 1967-71, Army Security Agency (means my orders came from NSA), disabled.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Wondering about veterans (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL