The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Suicide Hotel V2 (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Just, noticed this on 'Outlaw Effects' site !

Anyone, have it yet ?

Says, shipping 04/20/2015 ...
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Quote:
On May 26, 2015, Godzilla wrote:
Just, noticed this on 'Outlaw Effects' site !

Anyone, have it yet ?

Says, shipping 04/20/2015 ...

Yeah, I spotted that too. I REALLY want a set, so I'm hoping it's true. Looks like the new version will be suitable for both sides of the pond too.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
I have one and am play testing it. Some interesting changes to the thinking of the method, as well as some prop upgrades. Highly recommended!!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
I've reserved mine. Now the anxious waiting begins...
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of pawel
How much is it? There are not much info on the webpage.
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Not got mine yet but pretty sure it shipped, so hopefully only a matter of time...
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
Just saw this and thought I would chime in.

These are not made to order.
As far as I know, Rick is only selling the sets which he has in stock.
Which means those who have ordered ought to receive them fairly quickly.

I'm kinda out of the loop on the shipping end of things.
Which is probably for the best.

Regarding the differences between this version and the old one.
Aside from the completely redesigned props, I've made a few changes to the reveals.

Originally sitters needed to decipher initials on a coin for one of the @uts.
Now the whole name is wood-burned onto the obverse of a fortune tellers wood token.
Easier to read in low light, more immediate reactions, and much more visual impact for the sitter.

I've changed the news clipping so instead of reading a short article to get to the finale,
There is a large picture accompanying the article with the @ut name printed in bold text beneath it.
It also no longer comes out of nowhere, as the article is double sided, with the @ut only being revealed should you need it.

These changes are minor, but they improve the spots which most bothered me regarding "weaker" @uts.
Those of you already familiar with the older version of SH understand what I'm talking about.

-Cody
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
I've had lots and lots of bad shipping experiences in the past, and so relegated myself to just creating instead.
Rick advised me he was out of stock a while ago, but I had no idea anyone was waiting, let alone that anyone had paid...

Since this was all low key, it's not exactly been flying off the shelf. So I've been busy with another project and had not made restocking a priority.
These were only supposed to be sold when they are in hand so this kind of thing doesn't happen. Best laid plans!
That said, I do have these in stock. I've just neglected to send them off because I've been wrapped up in something else.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I, was privy to a peek at Stoltz's new project !
This, will be welcome to many in the Spooky ... Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2015, Godzilla wrote:
I, was privy to a peek at Stoltz's new project !
This, will be welcome to many in the Spooky ... Smile

Oooh. Intrigued!
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
893 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
Any suicide hotel owner that would be kind enough to share the instructions? I have the props, but can not locate the directions. Thanks in advance. Steve
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
893 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
Got em now. Thank you! By the way, this effect is off the hook! Highly recommended!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Suicide Hotel V2 (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL