The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Universal Peek Devices by Alan Wong & Pablo Amira (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
Quote:
On May 29, 2015, Uncle Joe wrote:
Hold on. Both sides can't be shown.
Why am I only learning this now,after someone popped the question.
This is vital information.

This is thinking too much like a Magician. If your spectators want to look it at then your doing something wrong.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1833 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Some performers like to be prepared for any eventuality.
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
That's why you move on and get it out of play ASAP. If you do the peek well, and don't bring to attention to it the laymen won't even remember they wrote it down.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1833 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Most of the time.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On May 29, 2015, FrankieF wrote:
That's why you move on and get it out of play ASAP. If you do the peek well, and don't bring to attention to it the laymen won't even remember they wrote it down.


That´s right. Sure, you can get other wallets that can be shown front and back but the UPD doesn't want to cover that. The UPD is made as a inconspicuous add-on to your own wallet that gives you better pocket management (you don't need an extra space for carrying other wallet/case).

If you want a good prop for p##k info that can "be shown front and back", I can recommend the SUC. If you want a new add-on to your existing wallet to create miracles anytime anywhere, the UPD is for you.


Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
big dan
View Profile
Regular user
UK/Canada/New Zealand
165 Posts

Profile of big dan
I understand not to run if you aren't being chased but if both sides can't be shown then this is a problem for me. I don't need to do a paddle move etc but this to me seems like a nicely made leather version of basically a window envelope. If item is what I think it is then it is very similar to the JOL Plus Wallets which come with a leather sleeve to do the card to wallet effect.

Looks like a well made prop but here in the UK I would rather not have the risk of the spectator opening their hands and discovering the peek for themselves. I know it can be done with spectator management but in some situations this would be very difficult.

Also I prefer to get rid of the writing as soon as possible so the audience forgets they ever wrote it down. However that's horses for courses and not relevant here.

Wish you the best with this Pablo and interested to hear from anyone that has received this.
Some people work to ski....i ski to work!
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
Then why don't you just have it written and put away?
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On May 31, 2015, big dan wrote:
I understand not to run if you aren't being chased but if both sides can't be shown then this is a problem for me. I don't need to do a paddle move etc but this to me seems like a nicely made leather version of basically a window envelope. If item is what I think it is then it is very similar to the JOL Plus Wallets which come with a leather sleeve to do the card to wallet effect.

Looks like a well made prop but here in the UK I would rather not have the risk of the spectator opening their hands and discovering the peek for themselves. I know it can be done with spectator management but in some situations this would be very difficult.

Also I prefer to get rid of the writing as soon as possible so the audience forgets they ever wrote it down. However that's horses for courses and not relevant here.

Wish you the best with this Pablo and interested to hear from anyone that has received this.


Hi bigdan, thanks for your opinion.
If you don't feel comfortable with the "in between the hands" handling, you can just pocket the UPD after your participant wrote his thought and do the necessary work meanwhile you place it on your wallet or pocket ala Becker or Hilford or inside of an envelope.

This is a versatile tool that fits anyone´s wallet. that's the main feature of the UPD. The simple the better and with this you cant get more direct and simple.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Is this a smaller version of Outlaw Effects, 'Pantera' ?
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On May 31, 2015, Godzilla wrote:
Is this a smaller version of Outlaw Effects, 'Pantera' ?


Hi Godzilla. No, isn't a smaller version, both products are different.
The UPD isn't a wallet perse, it´s a business card holder that can go inside your own wallet. This product is different to most products available in the market today.
Normally if you want to have p##k work in your normal days you had to change wallets, and lets be honest, there is only a few wallet for performing magic and mentalism that really looks like wallets.

With the UPD you can you use your own normal wallet, no need to readjust all your cards, IDs and money to a wallet that barely can hold everything that you need and in your own wallet you will be able to read minds, predict thoughts (thru varios methods), let objects travel and much more.



Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Thanks, Amira! Smile
Why I asked, the 'Pantera' is a business card holder to, not a wallet.
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2015, Godzilla wrote:
Thanks, Amira! Smile
Why I asked, the 'Pantera' is a business card holder to, not a wallet.


Yes Godzilla, I understand, but the UPD fits in your own wallet as a flat add-on. Other similar products are a different entity that you need to carry as an extra.

I use the SUC for a long time in the past, but I went less bulky with the UPD.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
For those interested in a review for the UPD, you can check one here http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S19604


Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
big dan
View Profile
Regular user
UK/Canada/New Zealand
165 Posts

Profile of big dan
Good review on penguin. Agree price perhaps a little on the steep side for what you are getting. Maybe it is the magician in me but there is a part of me that of me that would like to have 2 of these wallets, on gimmicked and one normal. Wouldn't always be necessary but I could think of some good uses.

Actually at $30 from penguin this is better value than here in Europe where it costs the same in British pounds.

I do like the idea of it always being in your wallet ready to use. For me before I was even interested in magic/mentalism I always never understood why you would have someone write something down secretly but then have to give it back to the performer. I know people kill with peeks and center tears but never felt right to me, and if I have to do a peek or billet read it is definitely a routining challenge!
Some people work to ski....i ski to work!
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2015, big dan wrote:
Good review on penguin. Agree price perhaps a little on the steep side for what you are getting. Maybe it is the magician in me but there is a part of me that of me that would like to have 2 of these wallets, on gimmicked and one normal. Wouldn't always be necessary but I could think of some good uses.

Actually at $30 from penguin this is better value than here in Europe where it costs the same in British pounds.

I do like the idea of it always being in your wallet ready to use. For me before I was even interested in magic/mentalism I always never understood why you would have someone write something down secretly but then have to give it back to the performer. I know people kill with peeks and center tears but never felt right to me, and if I have to do a peek or billet read it is definitely a routining challenge!


Thanks big dan.
In all honestly, I used the UPD for years now (I made a prototype for myself before working this together with Alan) and at no time I had a complain or comment about the fact of writing the information. If you place your participant and audience in the correct frame of mind (I talk about this in the UPD video lesson) this will just be a natural and contextually coherent procedure.

Maybe in the future we can offer ungimmicked UPD´s Smile

All the best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Raymond Singson
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Raymond Singson
I just came across this, and it piqued my interest.

I know this might sound like a silly question, but is the device designed to have business cards fit all the way into it? Let me clarify...

The image of the UPD on the adverts has a few business cards and/or credit cards protruding from the leather holder. Is this how the device was purposely designed, or are the cards supposed to fit completely into the holder? Personally, I'd see a benefit to actually having a few cards protruding; it would enable subtlety many performers implement into the classic SAW. When constructed this way, the card can be returned to the top of an apparent stack of business cards in the holder negating the possibility of a p##k in the minds of more skeptical, acute participants (...like cynical magicians).

If I'm being too ambiguous, I'd love to discuss via PM or 'downstairs'...

Take care,

RS.
“The purpose of art is to lay bare the questions which have been hidden by the answers.” -- James Arthur Baldwin



raymond.singson@gmail.com
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
I'm not knocking this product specifically at all, but generally speaking; I have no idea why we have this obsession with peek wallets. If you've got business cards on you; there are so so so many peeks you can use, without in this instance introducing a slightly odd looking little wallet. I'm sure its well made and works I just question who would need it.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2015, Raymond Singson wrote:
I just came across this, and it piqued my interest.

I know this might sound like a silly question, but is the device designed to have business cards fit all the way into it? Let me clarify...

The image of the UPD on the adverts has a few business cards and/or credit cards protruding from the leather holder. Is this how the device was purposely designed, or are the cards supposed to fit completely into the holder? Personally, I'd see a benefit to actually having a few cards protruding; it would enable subtlety many performers implement into the classic SAW. When constructed this way, the card can be returned to the top of an apparent stack of business cards in the holder negating the possibility of a p##k in the minds of more skeptical, acute participants (...like cynical magicians).

If I'm being too ambiguous, I'd love to discuss via PM or 'downstairs'...

Take care,

RS.


Hi RS

The UPD is constructed to leave a little bit of your cards protruding. The Larry Becker´s genius subtlety can be used (as a matter of fact I used it) to create a direct cancelation of the method used. It´s very simple and disarming to the logical idea that it can be created in our participant´s minds.

If you see can see THIS photo , you can see the actual UPD that I use



Quote:
On Jun 3, 2015, Paul S Wingham wrote:
I'm not knocking this product specifically at all, but generally speaking; I have no idea why we have this obsession with peek wallets. If you've got business cards on you; there are so so so many peeks you can use, without in this instance introducing a slightly odd looking little wallet. I'm sure its well made and works I just question who would need it.


Hi Paul. Every technique or prop is an option. I still use other techniques to read minds. The utilization of the UPD is one that I use when I want to give my card to other most of the time. I have also techniques to do this without the UPD and I use them time to time. In gigs I can choose in repeated quick performances to use the UPD, tea#s, bil#et swi#ches,etc.
At the end, you can make a reputation as mindreader just with paper, but again, having this versatile tool allows me to choose, and the most you know, the better in my opinion.





All the best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Raymond Singson
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Raymond Singson
Hi Pablo,

With that feature, this actually sounds really promising for my personal use.

I currently use Steve Draun's Real Man's Wallet as my everyday wallet. I also obviously use it for casual performances as well. Although I'm aware of the several multifunctional wallets available to both magicians and mentalists on the market (I own many of them, in fact), I enjoy how this device can make the separate features distinct and modular. Do you know if the UPD can fit in the credit card slots in the Real Man's Wallet? What size/dimension business cards is it ideally designed to hold?

I've added the UPD to my wish list until I can get more information about it and hear other reviews.

RS.
“The purpose of art is to lay bare the questions which have been hidden by the answers.” -- James Arthur Baldwin



raymond.singson@gmail.com
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2015, Raymond Singson wrote:
Hi Pablo,

With that feature, this actually sounds really promising for my personal use.

I currently use Steve Draun's Real Man's Wallet as my everyday wallet. I also obviously use it for casual performances as well. Although I'm aware of the several multifunctional wallets available to both magicians and mentalists on the market (I own many of them, in fact), I enjoy how this device can make the separate features distinct and modular. Do you know if the UPD can fit in the credit card slots in the Real Man's Wallet? What size/dimension business cards is it ideally designed to hold?

I've added the UPD to my wish list until I can get more information about it and hear other reviews.

RS.



Hi RS. I don't have the Real Man´s Wallet but if it has credit card slots, the UPD will fit.
The UPD is 90 x 67mm.

Besides being a very flexible and simple prop (for reading minds, predict thoughts, make small objects magically travel), the UPD was created with the idea of letting the performer place this beauty in his own wallet and to be always prepared.

At the end, if your wallet hold credit cards, it can hold the UPD.


Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Universal Peek Devices by Alan Wong & Pablo Amira (31 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL