The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vault - Created by David Penn (44 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1104 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Thanks David for sharing such honest footage. Let's hope we see others follow suit on the Café at least. Those clips don't harm the sales as some might think, you'll buy it or you won't, but if anything I think it helps because yes, we get the vault gimmick but we can see the structure of the routine and that is the important part.

Is it fiddly to do at any point? Like loading the coin or the vault to the keyring?
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of dp
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2015, Russell Davidson wrote:
Thanks David for sharing such honest footage. Let's hope we see others follow suit on the Café at least. Those clips don't harm the sales as some might think, you'll buy it or you won't, but if anything I think it helps because yes, we get the vault gimmick but we can see the structure of the routine and that is the important part.

Is it fiddly to do at any point? Like loading the coin or the vault to the keyring?

It literally takes seconds from the load to the point where it's attached to the keyring. We will be launching at the Leamington Day of Magic, if you want to see it in person, or I'll be at the Watford Association of Magicians tomorrow night for Wayne's lecture.

Cheers

David
Close Up Magician & Illusionist - David Penn

Search The Wizard Product Review at http://www.worldmagicshop.com
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of stookie31
When a magician / producer talks so freely about the method of a product - you can be sure it is because they are so confident and proud of the work put in.
The method therefore is not something people will decide to 'not' but this for, in fact it is the method that is so wonderful with this.
This is not the sort of magic product that will be on second hand sale sites guaranteed.

No brainer, buy this pocket miracle maker.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2899 Posts

Profile of tophatter
This Is Great but on the other hand thanks for reminding me about the Nested Boxes . I just went downstairs I have a trunk full of 25 Criss angel Nested boxes , I bought them 2 years ago from the Dollar store of course for 1.00 each . Okay its not going to be on my Keychain but it's in my pocket just as good !!
jamesmwood
View Profile
New user
El Paso, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of jamesmwood
David,

I really like it that you are addressing all our concerns openly and frankly here. This is very reassuring to me as a buyer of magic props. I was wondering if you could please help out by answering another question.

I have a brass set of NOB but don't use it for most walk-around situations because there are two problems: (1) The re-set takes a little longer than is practical for walk-around and can't easily be done in front of spectators (2) There is an awkward "holder" for NOB that takes up quite a bit of pocket space.

From your prior remarks on this thread, I understand that the re-set is probably more practical for The Vault than for NOB, because the re-set for The Vault can be done right in front of spectators. Furthermore, you show how to do the re-set on the video for The Vault.

What about the second problem that bothers me, by which I mean the "holder"? With NOB there is a rather bulky holder left behind in the pocket that the spectators never see. Is this also true for The Vault?

Thanks again,

Jim
Jim Wood
El Paso, Texas
jawood@utep.edu
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I do like the look of this, but plastic? Really?

Robert
Catch me on Twitter @RobertSixx or Facebook -- Robert Sixx
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3747 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2015, Robert Sixx wrote:

Robert

I pre-ordered it. I do not mind if it is plastic as long it is strong and scratch resistant especially if it is going to carried loosely in the pocket with a bunch of keys.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1795 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2015, Robert Sixx wrote:

Robert

I'm also a bit concerned after my Fair Play gimmick shattered on my keychain from typical daily use.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
With The Band | SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2899 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I am Sure this is Great ! but I get a great reaction from taking the black box from my pocket with the Criss Angel model its basically the same ! If you have the Money then yes Get this model on your keychain !
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of dp
Hi guys

All the component parts for The Vault arrived at World Magic Shop today and will be sent out on Wednesday. This means that this is the very last opportunity to take advantage of the pre-order bonus of a free copy of Tab Test from Wayne Fox. This will be sent automatically with all pre orders Smile

http://www.worldmagicshop.com/the-vault-......ic-shop/

Cheers

David

Click here to view attached image.
Close Up Magician & Illusionist - David Penn

Search The Wizard Product Review at http://www.worldmagicshop.com
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Thanks David. I ordered mine last month and have been excitedly waiting for it to drop through my letterbox. Looks like the wait is nearly over.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6752 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Thanks Dave! Ya know, I haven't bought anything new for years. I love my Viking Nest Of Boxes. I might spring for this when Penguin has it. Smile

Doug
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Tip:

One of the parts you get with The Vault can be adapted to make a poor man's Freedom Writer

Those who own both will know what I mean. Smile

Jamie 'always adding value' Ferguson
EscapeMaster
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of EscapeMaster
My concern with this is that even in the trailer the bloke makes it look really fiddly. He struggles to untwist them and at one point, having opened it, he has to tap it several times to get the inner box out.

I can see the logic of a long thread which takes time to unscrew but this appears just to be difficult to use. It appears very clumsy.
Low Key
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of Low Key
I received this today, and my first impressions are that it's a beautiful bit of kit.
Very neat, very well made, and with a couple of subtleties that go the extra mile to make it convincing. One of which make the worries about it being fiddly to unscrew moot.
I have very small hands, but I can handle the gimmick easily, and I think bigger hands would only make it more comfortable.
It works so smoothly it made me smile the first time I played with it, and it's clear a lot of thought and time has gone in to make this right.

The DVD does its job well; it explains the effect and teaches even an amateur like me how to pull this off smoothly.
I'm going to need a bit more practice before I'm happy to perform this in front of an audience, but I think it's going to get good reactions once I've got the handling down.

Overall I'm very happy with this!
My only concern is I might have to add something to my keys as camouflage, but I think that's probably magician's guilt rather than an actual issue!
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1731 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Could you tell us a little bit more about the plastic used ? I love the plot and it seems to be a very very good release but I'm just worried about it cracking or breaking while being on my keys.
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
Low Key
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of Low Key
Without giving too much away, I think that the bit you keep on your keys would stand up to normal key life. I have mine on my keys in my pocket now, and will probably leave it there indefinitely without worry of damage or people asking why I have it on my keyring.

I don't think I'd keep everything in my pocket all the time. Partly because I keep a lot of stuff in my pockets already.
I think everything would stand up to normal pocket conditions, and everything looks both sturdy and tough. But if you put it in a pocket with keys and money and sat on it a lot (I don't know why you would, but...) then I don't know how it'd hold up over the course of months. There is also a something I'd be wary about carrying all the time if it wasn't set up and ready to go

TL;DR: high quality, I don't think carrying it in your pocket will be a problem unless you subject the things in your pockets to extreme conditions.

Hope that noncommittal answer helps?
Feel free to PM if you want a bit of clarification Smile
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 19, 2015, EscapeMaster wrote:
My concern with this is that even in the trailer the bloke makes it look really fiddly. He struggles to untwist them and at one point, having opened it, he has to tap it several times to get the inner box out.

I can see the logic of a long thread which takes time to unscrew but this appears just to be difficult to use. It appears very clumsy.

There is no thread. Unscrewing is the standard illusion with this type of prop.

There is an issue that the mould spot can cause the boxes to stick in each other. File them down and they work ok, but this should have been resolved at pre-production stage imho.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5322 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Have they all shipped out now? Waiting for mine from Hocus Pocus.

Thanks!

Jim
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 20, 2015, J-Mac wrote:
Have they all shipped out now? Waiting for mine from Hocus Pocus.

Thanks!

Jim

Where's Cole when you need him?

Cole, are you there? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vault - Created by David Penn (44 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL