The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vault - Created by David Penn (44 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1865 Posts

Profile of Daren
Does anyone else's have little marks on the side of the boxes, looks like little scuff marks and indentations? I assume this is where they have been snapped off the moulding?
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Yes, it's the thing I mentioned a few posts back. Mine cause the boxes to get stuck.

I would have rather paid a little bit more for this issue to be resolved before release.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of dp
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2015, EscapeMaster wrote:
My concern with this is that even in the trailer the bloke makes it look really fiddly. He struggles to untwist them and at one point, having opened it, he has to tap it several times to get the inner box out.

I can see the logic of a long thread which takes time to unscrew but this appears just to be difficult to use. It appears very clumsy.

There is no thread. Unscrewing is the standard illusion with this type of prop.

There is an issue that the mould spot can cause the boxes to stick in each other. File them down and they work ok, but this should have been resolved at pre-production stage imho.


Thanks Jamie

You will find that this resolves when they have been used for a little while.

With the weight of an object inside the boxes will fall out easily. I put a full performance on World Magic Shop's Facebook page a few days ago with a slightly different handling. You will see how I remove the boxes then.

I will try to get it on Youtube for you guys that can't get to see the FB page.

Cheers

David
Close Up Magician & Illusionist - David Penn

Search The Wizard Product Review at http://www.worldmagicshop.com
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Thanks David. Supportive as always.

I haven't tried this out yet. Still practicing to get the flow of the routine smooth.

Looking forward to taking it out when it's ready.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of dp
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2015, dp wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2015, EscapeMaster wrote:
My concern with this is that even in the trailer the bloke makes it look really fiddly. He struggles to untwist them and at one point, having opened it, he has to tap it several times to get the inner box out.

I can see the logic of a long thread which takes time to unscrew but this appears just to be difficult to use. It appears very clumsy.

There is no thread. Unscrewing is the standard illusion with this type of prop.

There is an issue that the mould spot can cause the boxes to stick in each other. File them down and they work ok, but this should have been resolved at pre-production stage imho.


Thanks Jamie

You will find that this resolves when they have been used for a little while.

With the weight of an object inside the boxes will fall out easily. I put a full performance on World Magic Shop's Facebook page a few days ago with a slightly different handling. You will see how I remove the boxes then.

I will try to get it on Youtube for you guys that can't get to see the FB page.

Cheers

David


That video is uploading now with a slightly different handling. The only bit missed off the start is myself signing one side of the coin prior to me having the spec sign the other side. You can see everything going on Smile
Cheers
David
Close Up Magician & Illusionist - David Penn

Search The Wizard Product Review at http://www.worldmagicshop.com
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of dp
Here is the other Live video for you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGji0-c5d4A

Cheers

David
Close Up Magician & Illusionist - David Penn

Search The Wizard Product Review at http://www.worldmagicshop.com
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Very nice David.

Thanks for sharing. Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2220 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Beautiful David.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2015, dp wrote:
Here is the other Live video for you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGji0-c5d4A

Cheers

David

You did a different handling which I liked...
. I don't want to expose anything but did you use a certain gimmick? From the seaside 😉
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2365 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I am sure it's been asked and I missed it, but what can be used in place of the lighter and flash paper. many venues do not allow any type of fire.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2421 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Looks good. Great effect. Want to buy but having a hard time. Not likening the idea of placing my keys out on a table or bar before I perform this. Not like you can table hop with this. Putting out your keys before you perform this. Why would I do that? Anyway David goid luck on your new effect. All stay with my brass box's.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2404 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I would assume but I don't know that this can be presented like a standard nest of boxes giving you the option to "find" it on you keys or take it out of your pocket.
pearljamjeff
View Profile
Inner circle
I live inside your computer.
1243 Posts

Profile of pearljamjeff
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2015, MR Effecto wrote:
Looks good. Great effect. Want to buy but having a hard time. Not likening the idea of placing my keys out on a table or bar before I perform this. Not like you can table hop with this. Putting out your keys before you perform this. Why would I do that? Anyway David goid luck on your new effect. All stay with my brass box's.


Mr. Effecto, why not pull them out as you are going for the marker for them to sign the coin? Seems perfectly natural to me.
Jeff Travilla - Author of "The Extractor." I work in advertising and marketing now. If you are a professional worker and need marketing help, feel free to contact my company. JCM Media Group.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
No need to stick to the routine shown in the video. Lots of room to change the handling. Also, the boxes can be attached to things other than keys, I've come up with a nice chain round the neck handling. Think Peter Eggink's Exit and you'll understand the approach Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
I assume this works a little like wayne fox's little capsule thing which if it does; means you could easily pull the keys from a back pocket rather than having them on the table at outset.
CarterMagic1210
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of CarterMagic1210
Just being curious and probs thinking to much but could this be used the reveal signed card to impossible location? Or would that be too fiddly and not big enough?
jamesmwood
View Profile
New user
El Paso, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of jamesmwood
Just a follow-up on a question I asked earlier: The nest of boxes requires a special holder for the boxes that remains behind in the pocket when the boxes are produced. Is there a similar holder for The Vault that remains behind in the pocket? I'm trying to find out becuause of issues of pocket space/pocket management.
Jim Wood
El Paso, Texas
jawood@utep.edu
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2015, jamesmwood wrote:
Just a follow-up on a question I asked earlier: The nest of boxes requires a special holder for the boxes that remains behind in the pocket when the boxes are produced. Is there a similar holder for The Vault that remains behind in the pocket? I'm trying to find out becuause of issues of pocket space/pocket management.

Yes, the holder is the same as the one used for the existing brass set.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2421 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Great ideas guys. Now I rethinking.
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of dp
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2015, Sean Giles wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2015, dp wrote:
Here is the other Live video for you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGji0-c5d4A

Cheers

David

You did a different handling which I liked...
. I don't want to expose anything but did you use a certain gimmick? From the seaside 😉


No just a pre signed coin buddy Smile

Cheers

David
Close Up Magician & Illusionist - David Penn

Search The Wizard Product Review at http://www.worldmagicshop.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vault - Created by David Penn (44 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL