The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vault - Created by David Penn (44 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Trust The Rubinator to come up something special.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, Caliban wrote:
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, Ray Chelt wrote:
Mr Grumpy here !!!

Traditional NOB :- Take coin from spec, pull out nest of boxes and show to spec, make coin disappear, have spec open next of boxes to find coin.

Vault, Take coin from spec, vanish coin, show nest of boxes, you open boxes at first, then spec does.

Except that in a traditional Coin/Ring to Nest of Boxes, the boxes are not usually pulled out until AFTER the object has vanished. I don't know of a close-up Nest of Boxes where a spectator can be holding the boxes before their borrowed ring disappears. For me, an impossible location that's on the table all along is stronger than an impossible location that's introduced after the object has vanished.

What a joker.

The whole point of nest of boxes is that they are on display before the item vanishes.

Here you go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jBAk5aGsnM

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMJ3Lazbj68

Now eat your words.

Thank you for posting the videos. IT is certainly a terrific effect. However, I think the routining and overall impact are much better with The Vault than with the brass nest of boxes routine as presented. While I have brass nest of boxes, I have ordered David's The Vault since the way it is presented I feel it is more entertaining and is a stronger routine. I think thee is a very strong and undeniable inference that the box used with The Vault has been on the table attached to the key chain without the need to explicitly mentioning it. The use of flash paper and he lighter are elements in the routining which naturally hides the method and adds to the theatrics of the effect.

Thank you again for sharing the video links. The small nest of boxes is a great, classic trick.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On May 29, 2015, APC wrote:

The live performances definitely sell it way better than any trailer could!

Yes, so TRUE. And with that one would have noticed that till now there hasn't been a single negative comment. The prospective buyer knows exactly what they are getting and the skill set they need to perform the effect. The creator has left no guesswork for the buyer as to what's in store for him. This has also completely cut down the unnecessary speculation(s) by our esteemed members. This kind of transparency in selling an effect also shows the confidence the creator has for his newly released effect/ product.

The creator of 'The Vault' has set a new marketing trend, and I wish other creators learn from this and follow suite - The earlier the better.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, Ray Chelt wrote:

On Vault, unless I am terribly mistaken, you pretend the Vault was there all the time , but it wasn't, an observant Spectator might pick up on this.

Sorry I would humbly beg to differ on the above. The 'Vault' or for that matter the bunch of keys do not draw any attention till the end of the effect and that's when the performer draws attention to the bunch of keys and the 'Vault'. But before that so much more is going on with all attention drawn towards the coin/ ring etc. and that's where I feel the importance of flash paper coming into play. It is at this time that all eyes are made to focus on the bunch of keys and the 'Vault'. Till then the keys are of no significance and is simply lying on the table in full view until the end. During the entire act nobody is pretending that the 'Vault' was there all the time. This fact is only disclosed at the end of the effect. I do hope, I'm on the right track on this.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On May 29, 2015, APC wrote:

The live performances definitely sell it way better than any trailer could!

Yes, so TRUE. And with that one would have noticed that till now there hasn't been a single negative comment. The prospective buyer knows exactly what they are getting and the skill set they need to perform the effect. The creator has left no guesswork for the buyer as to what's in store for him. This has also completely cut down the unnecessary speculation(s) by our esteemed members. This kind of transparency in selling an effect also shows the confidence the creator has for his newly released effect/ product.

The creator of 'The Vault' has set a new marketing trend, and I wish other creators learn from this and follow suite - The earlier the better.

Smile

Ustaad,

Very true. All creators and produces of magic should take the same approach.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Agree that David showing two performance videos is a great approach.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Davids approach of showing two live videos with no edits certainly works well when the product requires a specially produced object. It doesn't matter if the prospective buyers completely figure out the routine form the video. They still need to buy the product to do the routine.

Many magic tricks use only ordinary objects. If the creator wants to sell that product they can't give the entire routine away in a video like that.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Sorry if I missed it somewhere, these are made out of plastic?
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, dman11 wrote:
Sorry if I missed it somewhere, these are made out of plastic?

Yes, Dman. Smile

Doug
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
I love the NOB plot and this is superb! Thanks for the live demos David. Two questions, any flash paper inc with the Vault and is it really tough enough to 'live' on your keychain, or would you only have it in that pocket (with your keys) for performance?
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of dp
Hi Rob

Flash Paper is not included as we have restrictions on shipping overseas. Any vanish will work though if you don't have any.

One half of the gimmick lives perminatly on my keyring and the Vault is kept in the pocket separately ready to go. You can have it attached but I have it ready and then leave it attached after the performance unless I choose to instantly reset in front of them.

Cheers

David
Close Up Magician & Illusionist - David Penn

Search The Wizard Product Review at http://www.worldmagicshop.com
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Looks brilliant David!!!

I'm a massive fan of the nest of boxes effect but the spellbinding boxes were never quite right for me.

This looks so much more organic and will sit nicely next to my RFR.
Can't wait!!
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Totally agree with Ustaad this is a new and transparent approach to sell magic.
Smile
Low Key
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of Low Key
Just preordered this today

Another vote in favour of the 'show us what's going on' live performance. After watching it a couple of times I could see I wanted this.
So kudos and thanks Smile
Uncle Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Japan
194 Posts

Profile of Uncle Joe
Quote:
On May 31, 2015, dp wrote:
Hi Rob

Flash Paper is not included as we have restrictions on shipping overseas. Any vanish will work though if you don't have any.

One half of the gimmick lives perminatly on my keyring and the Vault is kept in the pocket separately ready to go. You can have it attached but I have it ready and then leave it attached after the performance unless I choose to instantly reset in front of them.

Cheers

David

So you can have the vault permanently attached to the key ring and
it's strong enough to withstand everyday normal use,i.e- it won't
detach on it's own.Is this correct?
And then just before you bring out the key ring, you can detach
the vault from the key ring whilst it's in your pocket. Is this also
correct? If so, then this is superb.
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of dp
Quote:
On May 31, 2015, Uncle Joe wrote:
Quote:
On May 31, 2015, dp wrote:
Hi Rob

Cheers

David

So you can have the vault permanently attached to the key ring and
it's strong enough to withstand everyday normal use,i.e- it won't
detach on it's own.Is this correct?
And then just before you bring out the key ring, you can detach
the vault from the key ring whilst it's in your pocket. Is this also
correct? If so, then this is superb.

You could have it on your keyring and quite often after performing the effect I have left it there. However, I choose to instantly reset so I am ready to go again. You can't detach it in your pocket and reset for the effect though as you wish. The reset, which is taught by myself and Wayne on the DVD, is performed in the action of putting everything back together and away in your pockets as the spectators are reacting to the effect.

Thanks to everyone for sharing videos of Nest of Boxes style routines. The thing that I like most about The Vault, is that I am so comfortable challenging the spectator on the fact that I have 'NEVER' touched my keys. You then clearly show your hands empty and then go through the final reveal and you've got them!

Cheers

David

Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Sorry if this has already been answered but what is the release date?
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of dp
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2015, Sean Giles wrote:
Sorry if this has already been answered but what is the release date?

I Sean, The Vault is on pre order from us at the moment with a Tab Test by Wayne Fox for Free Smile
http://www.worldmagicshop.com/the-vault-......ic-shop/

The shipping date worldwide is Wednesday 17th June 2015.

Cheers

David

Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Thanks David. It looks promising.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Really tempted with this one especially after seeing the unedited performance......great thinking well done to all involved.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vault - Created by David Penn (44 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL