The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vault - Created by David Penn (44 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4670 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On May 29, 2015, Raj Suman wrote:
No Not one bit. it has happened to me already in my town.

You need to move.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5316 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Just pre-ordered this - and I don’t usually pre-order anything!

Thanks!

Jim
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4670 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On May 29, 2015, J-Mac wrote:
Just pre-ordered this - and I don’t usually pre-order anything!

Thanks!

Jim

I don't blame you Jim.
Given the information we have so far, I'd venture to guess that the likelyhood of being disappointed in this is fairly slim.
Plus, DP has a pretty good track record and every effect of his that I have purchased has generally been very good to excellent and certainly of very high quality.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5316 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Yeah, I recently purchased Mystery Solved and have been very satisfied with that. And this one looks excellent.

Thanks!

Jim
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4670 Posts

Profile of videoman
Would it look strange to have FOB and the Vault on the same keychain?
Hmmm...always more decisions to make. Smile
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3176 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Quote:
Would it look strange to have FOB and the Vault on the same keychain?
Hmmm...always more decisions to make. Smile

Lot's of people have several knick knacks on their key chain.

Seems like you get one of those OMG moments by doing the coin to vault and then moving on to cards and at some point you say again "I haven't gone near my keys"...
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8263 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 29, 2015, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On May 29, 2015, Raj Suman wrote:
No Not one bit. it has happened to me already in my town.

You need to move.

He can't because his car was stolen. Smile Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8263 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Just as long as there is a method that does not require flash-paper, and looks as convincing, then I'm in.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1872 Posts

Profile of Daren
A false transfer will do it, bring out lighter and pass to spectator as in the demo, ask them to light it, and say to pass lighter underneath your hand say that this heats up your hand and therefore heats up coin/finger ring so you can turn it so small it vanishes, there ya go, how's that?
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of dp
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, Daren wrote:
A false transfer will do it, bring out lighter and pass to spectator as in the demo, ask them to light it, and say to pass lighter underneath your hand say that this heats up your hand and therefore heats up coin/finger ring so you can turn it so small it vanishes, there ya go, how's that?

Morning guys,

That will certainly do it. Wayne and I played around with having the coin signed by yourself on one side and the spec on the other. Perform a simple transfer but the coin apparently staying in view prior to the vanish. This means that the specs can apparently clearly see their coin and yet all the work as shown in the video has already been done.
Also Any Ring by Richard Sanders or rattle box presentation could lend themselves very well with The Vault. I love it when they are convinced that it is still there. You can use my ring tapping subltlety without flash paper also.

Cheers
David
Close Up Magician & Illusionist - David Penn

Search The Wizard Product Review at http://www.worldmagicshop.com
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Mr Grumpy here !!!

Traditional NOB :- Take coin from spec, pull out nest of boxes and show to spec, make coin disappear, have spec open next of boxes to find coin.

Vault, Take coin from spec, vanish coin, show nest of boxes, you open boxes at first, then spec does.

I have a notion that traditional is best here.

Also " I never touched the keys"......"Yes you £$$$!! did"--- wonder how often you'd get called on that.

Not sure that NOB and ring flight actually work together - especially since an observant spec might spot that the vault wasn't on the key ring to start off with.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Ray

You're not Mr Grumpy at all.

I agree, the traditional NOB is just as effective. If not more so.

I think it's more powerful for the spectator to be holding the box throughout rather than it being 'remote' and on YOUR keyring.

However, magicians will always buy the latest.

Maybe V2.0 will be made from clear plastic. Smile

J
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Ray

I think it's more powerful for the spectator to be holding the box throughout rather than it being 'remote' and on YOUR keyring.

J

Do you know, I have no problem with magicians buying the latest toy for themselves...lifes about having fun.

Lets just not kid ourselves that many of thee new tricks are an improvement on whats gone before.
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of dp
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, Ray Chelt wrote:
Quote:
Ray

J

Do you know, I have no problem with magicians buying the latest toy for themselves...lifes about having fun.

Lets just not kid ourselves that many of thee new tricks are an improvement on whats gone before.

Completely agree that this is a reworking of somthing that has come before. We even say it on the trailer. Personally I like the fact That Vault looks like somthing that belongs on your keyring and not a magic prop that you bring into play. I have always loved the nest of boxes as a plot and this effect being unexpected and organic and more like a Ringflight style effect works for me. Fully except if you want to perform it your way as like I said, I love the plot.

Cheers
David
Close Up Magician & Illusionist - David Penn

Search The Wizard Product Review at http://www.worldmagicshop.com
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, dp wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ray

J

Completely agree that this is a reworking of somthing that has come before. We even say it on the trailer. Personally I like the fact That Vault looks like somthing that belongs on your keyring and not a magic prop that you bring into play. I have always loved the nest of boxes as a plot and this effect being unexpected and organic and more like a Ringflight style effect works for me. Fully except if you want to perform it your way as like I said, I love the plot.

Cheers
David

|Its a nice idea David, doesn't quite work for me; but its a marginal thing.

Good luck with this one and keep inventing !!
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
Quote:
Mr Grumpy here !!!

Traditional NOB :- Take coin from spec, pull out nest of boxes and show to spec, make coin disappear, have spec open next of boxes to find coin.

Vault, Take coin from spec, vanish coin, show nest of boxes, you open boxes at first, then spec does.

Except that in a traditional Coin/Ring to Nest of Boxes, the boxes are not usually pulled out until AFTER the object has vanished. I don't know of a close-up Nest of Boxes where a spectator can be holding the boxes before their borrowed ring disappears. For me, an impossible location that's on the table all along is stronger than an impossible location that's introduced after the object has vanished.
magicnorm
View Profile
Loyal user
293 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Concerned about keys getting stollen, how about a dummy key set, bummer if it happens but you still get to drive home after the gig. Concerned solved!
NM
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, Caliban wrote:
Quote:
Mr Grumpy here !!!

Except that in a traditional Coin/Ring to Nest of Boxes, the boxes are not usually pulled out until AFTER the object has vanished. I don't know of a close-up Nest of Boxes where a spectator can be holding the boxes before their borrowed ring disappears. For me, an impossible location that's on the table all along is stronger than an impossible location that's introduced after the object has vanished.

What a joker.

The whole point of nest of boxes is that they are on display before the item vanishes.

Here you go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jBAk5aGsnM

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMJ3Lazbj68

Now eat your words.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, Caliban wrote:
Quote:
Mr Grumpy here !!!

So, as Jamie rather harshly pointed out, the NOB should always be in sight before the object vanishes, a simple switch is all that's needed.

On Vault, unless I am terribly mistaken, you pretend the Vault was there all the time , but it wasn't, an observant Spectator might pick up on this.

Its still a decent trick though.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Wow. That's the way I've always done it! But if you're looking for a routine that's different, eh...Dr. Mike?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXWvZzwrlW8

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vault - Created by David Penn (44 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL