The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Geoff Latta's A Trick With Three Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Vaught
View Profile
New user
Indiana
2 Posts

Profile of Steve Vaught
Could someone who knows this trick please comment on it. I am thinking of purchasing the video.

Here's what kind of routine I want to develop

1. Stand Up (no table) coin routine (audience of 20-95)
2. using dollar coins
3. no gimmicks (although would consider using)
4. is this routine much different than Darryl's 3 fly

Thanks for your help
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4018 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
This routine does use a gimmick, has a coins across/three fly component mixed in but is more like a coin appearance/vanish sequence that is very entertaining. I don't know what video its on, but it is as far as I know found on volume one of the NYCMS dvd series on coins across, as well as I believe the Coinvention dvd.
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I don’t know of any video available of just this effect, unless it is maybe an old VHS tape. (Other than the DVDs mentioned by the Doc, above). Can you tell us exactly what video you are thinking of purchasing Steve?

Thanks!

Jim
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
My fave coin routine by far... By my fave coin magician by far... Just get it.... It's amazing on another level.
Shawn.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
736 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Eric Jones also does an Ode to Latta on Metal 3 which I believe is based on what you describe. Indeed, its a production of three coins. Then they go across. And vanish one by one.

Really cool routine. Has it all.
Steve Vaught
View Profile
New user
Indiana
2 Posts

Profile of Steve Vaught
Thanks for your comments. The video is NY Symposium Vol 1 'coins across'
Shawn- I'm assuming I would need to have a 'FP' coin for this particular routine, is that correct?
If so, how is Tango products. I'm wanting to use Eisenhower coins (dollar coins)
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
What's an "FP" coin?

Jim
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1132 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Latta's routine is in the Las Vegas Invitational DVD, not the Coinvention DVD.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4018 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Thanks, both were done at the same time, couldn't remember the name of the one you mentioned!
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Geoff Latta's A Trick With Three Coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL