The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1074 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Hi,

There are so many wonderful vanishes of a coin, but not so much visual productions.

Here's a coin production I discovered some time ago, hope you'll like it Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8mwVW2UyJU

All the best from France !
Lawrens
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1844 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Excellent.
cperkins
View Profile
Special user
699 Posts

Profile of cperkins
Lawrens is a wizard. The stuff he does with coins ain't easy but its pure magic....and very original!!

Tres bien!
To see a difficult thing lightly handled gives the impression of the impossible.
(Goethe)
Jacques
View Profile
Loyal user
North
211 Posts

Profile of Jacques
OoooH
Dafedas B
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Dafedas B
Wow..excellent. and unique... I don't get that many slap in the face these days. Can't wait for manipulation 2..
nice 1 Lawrens!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8776 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Very, very nice, my friend. Smile

-Mb
*Check out my latest: The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
MichaelJae
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of MichaelJae
I echo MB's conment.
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1074 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Thank you for your comments Smile

There's a little controversy on my facebook page, where I also posted the vid.
It's originated by Mr Kevin King :
"Call the originator- Chris Kenner would love to see it! Hack."

I genuinely discovered this application of a well known coin sleight, and was very happy with it.
Now if Mr. Kenner came out with it as well, I'm very glad he did, but I bet he didn't publish the move...
all I know of Mr. Kenner's work is in his book, and I'm pretty sure that this production isn't inside Smile

Thoughts ?

You can read the comments here : http://on.fb.me/1HYPEpp
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8961 Posts

Profile of funsway
Creativity is its own reward. "Originator" only applies when you wish to sell something,

and many can only imagine derivative innovation -- that everything most be a modification of someone else's work.

The thrill of non-derivative innovation is very special.

Just be prepared for such an attack for anything you ever create -- often from those who create nothing.

In this case you were apparently inspired by playing with a sleight, and not by copying another's work.

Others will copy your work and not give credit. Such is life.

The main thing is to keep creating. I will now be inspired to focus on productions more than vanishes. Thanks for that.

Like your site.

but that posting on Icups is wrong. I published a routine using tin-can phones years ago Smile
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6846 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Incredible! Is it angly? It really looks good! Smile

Doug
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8776 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, funsway wrote:
Creativity is its own reward. "Originator" only applies when you wish to sell something,

and many can only imagine derivative innovation -- that everything most be a modification of someone else's work.

The thrill of non-derivative innovation is very special.

Just be prepared for such an attack for anything you ever create -- often from those who create nothing.

In this case you were apparently inspired by playing with a sleight, and not by copying another's work.

Others will copy your work and not give credit. Such is life.

The main thing is to keep creating. I will now be inspired to focus on productions more than vanishes. Thanks for that.

Like your site.

but that posting on Icups is wrong. I published a routine using tin-can phones years ago Smile

I totally agree with funs on this…

Probably everything was thought up by someone at some time or other, be it known or not. Your discovery came from your journey in this. I have never seen this by Kenner but I'm willing to bet that he didn't do it as well as you… Smile Your charming finesse with the move (as with all of your wonderful magic) is your own, and so is what you go on to create with it. Everyone won't be happy with that, but that's the way it goes in such creative waters. Still, it is a beautiful usage of a seemingly classic move. I had not seen it used quite that way, except maybe thinking of Sankey pulling a coin up through a glass table, sorta…Still, I love it! Smile

Just keep doing what you do my friend, because you do it very well. Smile And tell the poster ("Kevin King" - if it's the magician, he's a great closeup man, love his work) to tell Kenner to call you on it, I'm sure he would respect and could learn quite a bit from a real magical artist as yourself, as he is also. Smile Ahhhh, no blood, no foul...Onward!
*Check out my latest: The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

wandmgc8
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee
140 Posts

Profile of wandmgc8
How did you do that?! Ok...just PM me and tell me, or call, or e-mail...anything.

A lowly wand-maker....

Michael
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1074 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
If this move angly ?

Well I should have specify that my work with coins is devised mainly for table-hopping situations, where people are sitting and the performer is standing. In this case the move is not angly at all.

It would work in a parlour situation too.
May be more difficult to perform in cocktail situation, where everyone is standing, but not impossible...

I'm glad that you like this production, and thank you for the kind words.

I have so much more new coin techniques to share, and I would like to make an announcement : many people asked me when will be the release of Moneypulation vol.2 ; I told them soon...

However, I've sort of changed my mind regarding this project, because I've discovered so many applications of my DBTP move that it makes no sense (at least to me) to put them on a dvd right now.

Instead, I'm working on a coin act and I plan to present it in as much magic contests as I can.

What do you think ?
Good idea ?
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6846 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, Lawrens Godon wrote:
If this move angly ?

Well I should have specify that my work with coins is devised mainly for table-hopping situations, where people are sitting and the performer is standing. In this case the move is not angly at all.

Thank you, Laurens! Smile

Doug
Dafedas B
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Dafedas B
Looking forward to see the act!
RatdeLabo
View Profile
New user
France
89 Posts

Profile of RatdeLabo
Beautiful! Respect Mr Godon!
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1074 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Merci M'sieur ! Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8776 Posts

Profile of Mb217
And not for nothing, but Lawrens is the real deal when it comes to anything artistically magical… Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S3bwg30WWI

calypso
View Profile
New user
Sweden
27 Posts

Profile of calypso
Awesome!
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
That was an incredible use of that move. Can you do it over and over on demand?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin production (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL