The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Break by Uday Jadugar (40 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
udayjadu
View Profile
Loyal user
Uday Jadugar
248 Posts

Profile of udayjadu
Please handle these coins with care. Don't drop them. Thanks to every one who appreciated the trick. I will try to work on the color of the coin. If I keep them like fresh coins then there will be 3 little dark spot on the sides of the coin( not on head or tail side) usually nobody notice except the performer. Any thought on that?
BitterBrewerAZ
View Profile
New user
Tucson, AZ
65 Posts

Profile of BitterBrewerAZ
I don't mind the appearance all that much. I've now used 3 of these and just added one to a pile of change on the table and then gone into a simple routine. I did clean about 5 when I first got them and it did make them much brighter but even after a quick scrub they didn't get super shiny so I don't think I'll be doing that anymore. Great product, this really blows peoples minds.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2015, udayjadu wrote:
I will try to work on the color of the coin. If I keep them like fresh coins then there will be 3 little dark spot on the sides of the coin( not on head or tail side) usually nobody notice except the performer. Any thought on that?

Maybe just a little dirty?

I've had some PM's with Uday over this, and I just want everyone here to know that he put a lot of research and work and effort into this, as if there was any doubt.

He's a pure old school Craftsman, in my opinion.

Old school, but with modern methods.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
Here you can watch Break performed by a young girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CMGCZQIwoY
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
Just got mine in the post. Top work Uday.
It really does feel very weird when it breaks, because even though you know why it is...your brain sees and feels a real coin...really cool.

This is going to seriously mess with people, can't wait to try it.

And even though I know you not going to Uday...I'd pay even more to have UK 10pence or 50pence versions...that would look so crazy.

Top stuff. Brilliant and well worth every penny.

Even though you're going to break them.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Just curious if most users of Break are performing it as a follow up after bending another coin, or performing it as a stand alone effect?
Thanks,
Bill
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
Personally I see myself trying it thusly:

1. Bend a newish looking coin
2. Break an old looking coin.

Or the other way round. I think the idea that the newer looking one is harder because it's new so I can only bend it will work well with the older one breaking...because it's older.

However...my mind is not yet made up on a presentation angle.
udayjadu
View Profile
Loyal user
Uday Jadugar
248 Posts

Profile of udayjadu
I give similar cent to bend it. They try hard and fail. I will take it back and try to bend it. Then I switch it with the break and give it back to sign it. Then I take it back and break it into two and give one of the non breaking half to the spectator to break it. He fails I will take it back and switch it with the other half and ask him to sign on the other side of that half coin. Now I take it back and break it.
udayjadu
View Profile
Loyal user
Uday Jadugar
248 Posts

Profile of udayjadu
I give similar cent to bend it. They try hard and fail. I will take it back and try to bend it. Then I switch it with the break and give it back to sign it. Then I take it back and break it into two and give one of the non breaking half to the spectator to break it. He fails I will take it back and switch it with the other half and ask him to sign on the other side of that half coin. Now I take it back and break it.
Your precious thought please.
Uday Jadugar
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I don't mind it as a little dirty but because you can't see the image of Lincoln clearly, it makes it suspect in my eyes. However, getting the specs to sign it, reinforces what it is hence not having to run when you're not being chased. I prefer a cleaner Lincoln so I'm not fumbling to "handle" the right way.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
One presentation idea...old joke. Take out four pennies. Ask them what they see (4th is the gimmick btw). They'll say four pennies. Hold one up. Say "I see a flower. See its scent?" Hold second one up. What do you see? I see a car. It's a Lincoln. Hold up third. What do you see? I see a snake? See! It's a copperhead. Hold up the fourth. Do you see sex? No? And you're not going to for a penny! Seriously though, sign this right here..."
udayjadu
View Profile
Loyal user
Uday Jadugar
248 Posts

Profile of udayjadu
If I could make it look like new ones, I would have made it.
Edison tried 1000 times to find the bulb. I have tried 35 thousand coins to invent this trick. I am sure you don't believe me. It looks like exaggeration. I have those 35K broken coins. If you want to see them let me know I will upload it. Or you can ask James George of Magic sorcery (sorcerymfg@gmail.com). Who quotes " if anybody tries to copy this item will lose all their money. I get my investment back only after 3 years. I loved this trick. Very tricky. I made it so easy that it is as easy as switching a bulb on. I am not boasting myself. I feel I have not got enough appreciation for this trick. Smile untill now it was only dream of many great inventors to bend the coin with out using any accessory.
udayjadu
View Profile
Loyal user
Uday Jadugar
248 Posts

Profile of udayjadu
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2015, MagicBrent wrote:
One presentation idea...old joke. Take out four pennies. Ask them what they see (4th is the gimmick btw). They'll say four pennies. Hold one up. Say "I see a flower. See its scent?" Hold second one up. What do you see? I see a car. It's a Lincoln. Hold up third. What do you see? I see a snake? See! It's a copperhead. Hold up the fourth. Do you see sex? No? And you're not going to for a penny! Seriously though, sign this right here..."

Wow. Great patter. Thanks. I will use it.
Uday
udayjadu
View Profile
Loyal user
Uday Jadugar
248 Posts

Profile of udayjadu
You can present like this also.

https://youtu.be/nsxLGOvaAqk
Shufton
View Profile
Veteran user
California
316 Posts

Profile of Shufton
Uday - the old look is fine. If you could use older coins, that would be the optimum solution. No worries - they are fine as is...
Fobulous, Emergency Cash, 3D Paradox, PS-I Love You, X-Ray, The Portal, Ultimate Floating Match, Miracle Premonition... and more!
http://www.shufton.com
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
I love the old look also

So some of you might think this is weird but I performed this tonight for a high end parlor show. I was bending keys and then I asked to borrow some change and and then did break. lol I know its for close up but it got some great reactions.
Blake
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2015, rasmus wrote:

just to mention: bending a coin is much more stronger then breaking a penny apart.

Yes, bending a coin is a much stronger effect than simply breaking a coin into two . . . but at times most of us do need something new to play with. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
bonesly
View Profile
Regular user
London
176 Posts

Profile of bonesly
Can this be done with UK coins or Euros? I want to buy this effect but it seems like it is only marketed for the US penny
BitterBrewerAZ
View Profile
New user
Tucson, AZ
65 Posts

Profile of BitterBrewerAZ
I'm having a ton of fun with this. Although with the limited number of gimmicks you get this isn't something to do all the time, I love that I can carry a penny in my wallet and have this ready to go when the right situation presents itself. The practicality of it is outstanding!
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Where is this being sold I don't see any links .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Break by Uday Jadugar (40 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL