The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups and balls online video with a context (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
540 Posts

Profile of Nick23
I know I shouldn’t really cross post this thread in other forums, but I think this topic is applicable in here to.

This cups and balls routine is excellent. I guess this type of magic presentation would work better behind a bar, rather than table-hopping. I must admit with this routine I was fooled twice, and I had to rewind the video to catch the loads.

Check this out:
http://www.seemagic.co.uk/timsue/Cupsballs.wmv
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
That's a cool link, Nick. The sleeves look a bit baggy!!!

Howard
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Can't get it to run.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Vincent
View Profile
Loyal user
New York Metro Area
270 Posts

Profile of Vincent
Nick,

Great Job!!

Nice Routine!!

Very Nice Ending!!

Thanks,

Vincent Smile Smile Smile
Frankm6
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of Frankm6
I couldn't get it to work either.
drgnjames123
View Profile
New user
delaware
32 Posts

Profile of drgnjames123
Right click on the link and download it to your computer. It’s 5mb. This should help.
James
silverfire9
View Profile
Veteran user
Rochester Hills, MI
323 Posts

Profile of silverfire9
The site may be receiving too much traffic, making the video unavailable from time to time. Try again later, if it doesn't work for you right now. It's a fun video.
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
That's Tim Ellis from Australia. He and his partner Sue Ann Webster were judges at last FISM and they did some magic sports with the Flicking Fingers that people are still talking about!
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
froxen
View Profile
New user
Singapore
38 Posts

Profile of froxen
I've heard much about this routine and finally had a chance to see this wonderful performance done by Tim Ellis himself. I'm so impressed that I've bought the "Runaround Sue" booklet.

By the way, the above cups and balls routine is called, "Runaround Sue" by Tim Ellis.
"The most beautiful experience we can have is the Mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and science." - Albert Einstein
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
Where does one come by routine pieces by Tim Ellis?
This really is a fantastic and entertaining piece of musical magic theatre.

Mike
Magic is fun!!!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
If you like Tim's cup and ball routine you should see his "Rap 6-card repeat and his razor blade routines". The kid is good. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
froxen
View Profile
New user
Singapore
38 Posts

Profile of froxen
Is there like any sites that I can see his six card repeats?? If not, I guess I got to get to Melbourne to see him do it live.
"The most beautiful experience we can have is the Mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and science." - Albert Einstein
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
Quote:
On 2004-02-16 11:16, what wrote:
Where does one come by routine pieces by Tim Ellis?
This really is a fantastic and entertaining piece of musical magic theatre.

Mike

Here is a link for him. His material is really good.

http://www.magicunlimited.com/toc.htm

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1224 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Thanks guys! I'm glad you enjoyed 'Runaround Sue'.

When Sue-Anne and I lecture we often do a workshop based on that routine. Not only do we teach the whole thing but, more importantly, we go through the creation of the routine and explain how every gesture not only progresses the story, but covers a secret move as well. For example, the first ball vanish cannot be done without a tattoo on my arm. Yet the tattoo is also a lovely visual to set up exactly who Sue was.

We are constantly aiming to create new pieces, and encouraging others to do the same. Hopefully next year we'll be over in the USA again (FFFF, Hank Lees, Battle of the Magicians) and we can showcase some of the new routines we're working on.

Personally, I love to take a classic effect and not only twist it to give it a surprise ending, but also to give it a second layer. For example, my linking ring routine is done robotically - if you don't like the magic, you might enjoy the movement. A new MacDonald's Ace routine Sue-Anne is developing is based on a classic piece of Australian poetry. The Six Card Rap is, obviously, a rap as well as a magic trick - enjoy either or both!

The easiest way to start creating new routines of your own is to play MagicSports, and try to make mistakes, try to do what won't work, because when it does... not only do you get a surprise, but you've opened a brand new door.

Try some now! http://www.magicunlimited.com/Pubmagicsports.htm

TIM ELLIS
johnloon
View Profile
New user
UK
54 Posts

Profile of johnloon
Very nice routine!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups and balls online video with a context (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL