The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Which and why (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

almagic
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of almagic
Hi guys,

I am currently thinking of adding Flying Carpet in my children show. But there are a few visions out there and to what I know some vision can spin while some can't.

So which is which? and where to get them? Why do you think is better? Thank you very much for your help.
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
The best bang for the buck would be Jim Steinmeyer´s hot air, described in his book "Device and Illusion". The effect is a bit different but it is very well thought of and in all more logical than a standard flying carpet. Winning material, like always with Jim.
Sent from my Typewriter
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
A lot depends on what type of shows you are doing. Birthday parties or stage shows. If you can get to 50 post you can check out the take-a-part model in the 50 post section, pictures of how someone made the Flying Carpet for birthday parties.

The chair suspension is a better effect, and can use a child from the audience if you like. This makes someone special and gets a great reaction.

The Flying Carpet has to be put together each time and torn down after. The chair suspension does not.
almagic
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of almagic
Where is the 50 post session? I am using it for birthday party. Somehow I think that the chair suspension is not that comfortable for the child as their head was lay outside the board and they need to use their strenght to keep it from falling...

I think I still prefer chair suspension. So which is better? Any prefrence?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Which and why (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL