The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Have you seen this?????? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
... and THAT was shortly followed by THIS:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-22499827
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
This is a work of art that has the effect of making one feel quite queasy.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2015, acesover wrote:
Http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/bruc......-BBkuOdn

Did not see this coming.

What did you not see coming? Jenner's interview in Vanity Fair was announced a while back.

A line from the interview: "I'm not doing this so I can hit it off the women’s tee."

Oh, wait, don't tell me ... You're upset about the 'no pants' thing again.

Smile
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2015, balducci wrote:
Quote:
Http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/bruc......-BBkuOdn

Did not see this coming.

What did you not see coming? Jenner's interview in Vanity Fair was announced a while back.

A line from the interview: "I'm not doing this so I can hit it off the women’s tee."

Oh, wait, don't tell me ... You're upset about the 'no pants' thing again.

Smile

What I never saw coming was Bruce on the cover of "Vanity Fair" in a woman's bathing suit. That is what I never saw coming. Guess you knew all along. That is because you are so clever and sophisticated.

I am not upset about anything. Who said I am upset? I am a little startled that he looks so good. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Nah, I didn't know about the cover and never said I did ... I said I knew about the interview.

I wasn't sure what you had and had not heard about, or what you were surprised about, which is why I asked.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:

I am a little startled that he looks so good. Smile

An interesting choice of word, all things considered.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Publicity stunt .. move along....
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Publicity stunt?

I don't know.

Bruce Jenner was a star athlete. He was talented, motivated, and successful. He rode that success, and made money giving us Wheaties. Then he faded into obscurity, like 99% of public figures do.

Then came the Kardashians. Bruce made money, and was in the spotlight again. Bruce became Caitlyn in that spotlight.

BORING!

The most interesting question to me is not about Bruce turning into Caitlyn, but about Bruce/Caitlyn's need to share her personal travels with the rest of us.

The most interesting question to me is why some people are willing to share their most personal, intimate decisions with us. I'm not interested in their decisions in the least. But I'm interested in their need.

It's a weird world.

We all have a road to walk. We usually walk it alone. Inviting people to watch us walk...is...well...strange to me.

People who are caught up in the
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Commentary from the Atlanta Journal Constitution

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Now that's funny, Magnus!
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6956 Posts

Profile of Dougini
GACK! No. NO! N-n-n-NOOO! OMG! I can't unsee this. O - M - G!!!! When...how...why...AAARRRGH! I do not follow "the news". 98% of it is trash. This is Bruce Jenner? Like, 65+ years old? What the hell happened here? Sheesh, marry a Kardashian and it turns ya into a woman! Shaking my head ruefully...

Doug
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I am with stoneunhinged on this one. I find the need to share puzzling. I never even told my family my birthday.

Bruce was an inspirational athlete. Like many inspirational athletes it seems to become a train crash afterwards. If he wants to become a she, that is her privilege. But doing it in public like this? Bizarre.

Over here charismatic boxing promoter Frank Maloney became Kellie Maloney, but she did it under the radar, and only went public when forced to by the evil tabloid press over here. She is not regarded as a figure of fun, but as someone who has adjusted their gender to what it perhaps should always have been. Bruce Jenner, on the other hand, will go down as a big joke. And all self-inflicted.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:

Bruce was an inspirational athlete. Like many inspirational athletes it seems to become a train crash afterwards. If he wants to become a she, that is her privilege. But doing it in public like this? Bizarre.

Well, keep in mind that Jenner's transitioning WAS out of public and under the radar for decades. "Jenner cross dressed for many years and began physically transitioning in the 1980s with hormone replacement therapy". Did YOU know about this in the 80s? The 90s? The 00s? Seems to me it was out of the public eye for decades, about as long as it possibly could be.

But now that his kids are celebrities, and since Jenner's car crash some months ago brought some unwanted media attention, the transitioning inevitably came out in a bigger way.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27157 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
...to all the coins I've dropped here
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Maybe the reason She "Came Out" is the FACT that the media definitely would have "Outed" Her anyway. At least by going public She could tell Her story Her way Before the Media makes a spectacle of the whole situation (which some in the Media already have).

It's NOBODY'S business anyway and those who thinks it's funny and feel the need to ridicule and make jokes towards Transgenders, Gays, Lesbians, or any other persuasion, are the ones who really have a problem.

Grow up and get a Life if you are one of those sick ******.
-Iven
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
If you take a reality TV deal, you don't get to play the "My private life is nobody's business" card.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
If you take a reality TV deal, you don't get to play the "My private life is nobody's business" card.

I agree but reality TV or Fictitious TV, Rock Star, Celebrity of any sort, deserves and should have a private Life. Same as any Human. Same as you and me.

Just because "You don't get to play the my private Life is nobody's business card", doesn't make it right. Wrong is Wrong, PERIOD!
-Iven
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:

I don't think that was the issue here, was it? I thought the issue was why Jenner's transitioning became public knowledge instead of remaining a purely private matter. Part of the reason, indeed, is because Jenner became more of a celebrity in recent months / years.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Wasn't a lot of attention drawn back to this when he had the car accident? (I know there were lots of sick jokes about him drag racing, etc.) Seems to me, though, that if you're a public figure like Jenner is, it would be pretty hard to keep a sex change secret.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Have you seen this?????? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL