We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Have you seen this?????? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1015 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
For what its worth, an uncanny bit from a 2009 Family Guy episode.
Bob
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Husband to wife: I want to leave you and the kids and have sexual reassignment surgery.

Typical wife: OMG, my life is ruined. I don't understand. How can I explain this to the kids?

Kris Jenner: OMG. We will make squillions. I'll start working on the media strategy.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:

Keeping in mind that Jenner was and remains primarily if not exclusively attracted to women, this is a big win for the conservatives in the "Is homosexuality a choice?" debate. Smile

He is a conservative Republican so what else would you expect?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-......ise-you/
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2015, The Hermit wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2015, Dynamike wrote:
Without nuts.

Let the fun begin

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/uploa......5639.jpg

FWIW, I told essentially the same joke much better months ago.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
What celebrity woman or women do any of you believe will date Jenner?

Of course if a relationship were to get really serious it would bring up the question of marriage or civil union...wait isn't that another topic? How complicated can this get? I am sure many here believe that this is all just NORMAL.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2015, acesover wrote:

Of course if a relationship were to get really serious it would bring up the question of marriage or civil union...wait isn't that another topic? How complicated can this get? I am sure many here believe that this is all just NORMAL.

It's very complicated, and is far from what is considered to be normal......yet.

It's just change.

Nothing to be afraid of.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:

It's all just a soap opera - in a year or two, when ratings drop, Kanye will leave Kim for Caitlin, and they'll be in the headlines again, and make lots more bucks. The script writers must have so much fun on reality TV.

*And anyone who is surprised at how well Caitlin scrubs up should google for a pic of Kim without the warpaint on.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
There's no doubt that all of this is being used for monetary gain.

However that doesn't change the fact that this is who she is, and always has been.

Does anyone think that she's doing all of this, the hormonal therapy, the surgery, et.al. as a publicity stunt?
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2015, NYCTwister wrote:
There's no doubt that all of this is being used for monetary gain.

However that doesn't change the fact that this is who she is, and always has been.

Does anyone think that she's doing all of this, the hormonal therapy, the surgery, et.al. as a publicity stunt?

I don't, but I'm a bit old fashioned about all this parading your life for monetary gain - tens of thousands have gone this route, most without any of the advantage Caitlin Jenner has so I can't help but be cynical about the people characterising her as brave and a ground breaker etc etc.

This story is only about one thing - the Jenner/Kardashian clans ruthless pursuit of money.

I must admit I also am a trifle contemptuous of people who deny who they are to themselves for decades, and then when they finally come clean with themselves, cause untold grief to wives and children, who usually, unlike the Jenner/Kardashians, are confused and hurt, and probably feel betrayed to some extent. I fail to see the bravery in that - in fact I see cowardice.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17686 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Remember when the whistleblower guy who exposed the murder of two reporters in Iraq, wanted to be turned into a woman Chelsea or something like that? Liberals attacked her/him relentlessly ... They put him in prison for 35 years.
Is he less brave than Bruce? Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1015 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Older than the "Family Guy" episode was this bit from "Married with Children" twenty years ago. A case of art imitating life, or life imitating art?
Bob
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6992 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2015, Dynamike wrote:
Without nuts.

BWAAAH hahahaha! ROFLMFAO! I just spewed my iced tea all over! What a mess! Thanks Mike! I needed that!

Doug
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2770 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2015, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Commentary from the Atlanta Journal Constitution

Clever, but I think models (and strippers) are the only areas where women actually make more than men.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2770 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2015, The Hermit wrote:
Depends on what you mean by fell. The Roman Empire started to come apart in 200AD (most historians) from civil war, attacks and people not caring who was emperor. If you were a citizen of Rome, you wouldn't have noticed. It wasn't until 410 that the city was taken. Magnus your response implies that it came apart after adopting Christianity. Christianity was becoming widespread among the slaves and common citizens. It was replacing the various God cults. Constantine adopted what was happening and used the Nicene counsel to codify it. And, moving the capital to Byzantium probably helped the fall of Rome itself. That and all the gayness.

Christine Jogenson (sp)
Wendy Carlos

You're acting like this is the first time a celebrity has changed their sex.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2015, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2015, The Hermit wrote:
Depends on what you mean by fell. The Roman Empire started to come apart in 200AD (most historians) from civil war, attacks and people not caring who was emperor. If you were a citizen of Rome, you wouldn't have noticed. It wasn't until 410 that the city was taken. Magnus your response implies that it came apart after adopting Christianity. Christianity was becoming widespread among the slaves and common citizens. It was replacing the various God cults. Constantine adopted what was happening and used the Nicene counsel to codify it. And, moving the capital to Byzantium probably helped the fall of Rome itself. That and all the gayness.

Christine Jogenson (sp)
Wendy Carlos

You're acting like this is the first time a celebrity has changed their sex.

I don't believe Christine was a celebrity until after her surgery. Not familiar with Carlos.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Darth_Prime
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2015, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2015, balducci wrote:
Quote:
Http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/bruc......-BBkuOdn

Did not see this coming.

What did you not see coming? Jenner's interview in Vanity Fair was announced a while back.

A line from the interview: "I'm not doing this so I can hit it off the women’s tee."

Oh, wait, don't tell me ... You're upset about the 'no pants' thing again.

Smile

What I never saw coming was Bruce on the cover of "Vanity Fair" in a woman's bathing suit. That is what I never saw coming. Guess you knew all along. That is because you are so clever and sophisticated.

I am not upset about anything. Who said I am upset? I am a little startled that he looks so good. Smile

She is not Bruce though, She is Caitlyn, Bruce was a facade she was forced to live as
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2015, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2015, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Commentary from the Atlanta Journal Constitution

Clever, but I think models (and strippers) are the only areas where women actually make more than men.

How much more do the male new hires make at Wal-Mart than the female new hires?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Some of you might remember Renée Richards, the tennis pro who had a gender change operation. Many years ago (when this was big news), I attended a Halloween party where a husband and wife team arrived wearing a unique costume combination. The wife was dressed in a tennis outfit (representing Renée Richards). The husband was dressed as a tennis ball canister (as Renée's balls).
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2015, Darth_Prime wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Did not see this coming.

What did you not see coming? Jenner's interview in Vanity Fair was announced a while back.

A line from the interview: "I'm not doing this so I can hit it off the women’s tee."

Smile

What I never saw coming was Bruce on the cover of "Vanity Fair" in a woman's bathing suit. That is what I never saw coming. Guess you knew all along. That is because you are so clever and sophisticated.

I am not upset about anything. Who said I am upset? I am a little startled that he looks so good. Smile

She is not Bruce though, She is Caitlyn, Bruce was a facade she was forced to live as

What? Smile
Darth_Prime
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
Quote:
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2015, Darth_Prime wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Did not see this coming.

Smile

What? Smile

Sorry, what I mean is that is not "Bruce on the cover in a swim suit" Bruce is just a name she was given at Birth, she has always been Caitlyn.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Have you seen this?????? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL