The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » What Defining Moment Sparked Your Interest In Magic? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Jbond207
View Profile
New user
Mount Vernon, IN
59 Posts

Profile of Jbond207
Difficult to pin down to one defining moment. I got interested as an adolescent when my favor uncle taught me a card trick. Watching Mark Wilson on TV also had an impact. Finally bought my first magic trick at the magic shop at Disneyland back when Steve Martin I think worked there. Over the years I learned more cars tricks. In college as a theatre student I would entertain at cast parties doing card tricks and the Balducci levitation. I worked for the university part time back then. My boss told me one day that a guy was going to pay me to do magic for his little girl’s birthday party. I said I don’t do shows. He said this guy is a university trustee, you do shows now.

After that I started actually trying to learn more. Went to local magic shop in Louisville Kentucky. Mac King was a kid working behind the counter. Bought several books (including Mark Wilson Course in Magic) and a few more tricks, including an Okito box. Mac said I should go to a local coff shop and see his buddy do an Okito Box routine. Of course his buddy was Lance Burton. They were both kids back then.

I have been studying magic ever since.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » What Defining Moment Sparked Your Interest In Magic? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL