The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Mirrors for dummies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
I'm experimenting with illusion build principles at the moment, one problem that I've just run into concerns using chains of mirrors in periscope fashion for transparency effects.

The problem isn't so much the angles, I can already see to it that each mirror in the chain is set to a precise 45 degrees, the problem comes in size reduction of the view I want to reflect owing to the distances between the mirrors, leaving a dead giveaway awkward dark frame around the mirror view seen by the audience. The solution would seem to be to gradually decrease the size of each mirror in the chain to compensate, which is where the math comes in.

How can I work out exactly how much smaller an angled mirror needs to be in order to reflect the optimum amount of an original mirror without also catching the area around it?

Any advice on mirror math or pointers to where I can research it for myself would be very much appreciated!

Posted: Feb 14, 2004 2:56pm
------------------------------------------------

I've just found the "workshop" illusion build area (hey, I'm new to this board, still finding all the rooms!), am I allowed to cross-post this?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Mirrors for dummies (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL