The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Where to learn the JW grip coin vanish (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3310 Posts

Profile of warren
I would like to be able to add the JW grip coin vanish to my repertoire especially the one handed version so if anyone can recommend a good dvd or download to learn this move from it would be appreciated
JoshTmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
265 Posts

Profile of JoshTmagic
I Believe Metal By: Eric Jones
has this move and a lot of others.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3310 Posts

Profile of warren
Thanks I'll check it out Smile
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1632 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Also as a reference, I believe it to be one of the very first items in Harry's apocalypse under the guise of smoking a cigarette.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
The original DVD that came with Tango's TUC coins had an example with explanation by Mr. Tango (Marcelo Insua) in the guise of adjusting his eyeglasses.

Jim
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4021 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
There are several routines in the NYCMS DVD series that use this concealment. On my Penguin Live lecture, available from Penguin as a download, I teach a spellbound routine which incorporates this grip for some nice empty displays.
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
Nathan Horne
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Nathan Horne
Wolf by Branden Wolf (Ellusionist) has a few vanishes that utilise JW in some way.
daniel116
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of daniel116
The most beautiful vanish using the JW grip, in my opinion, is Apollo Robbin's Withers vanish.
Can be found on the excellent Cultural Exchange DVD
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8776 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2015, daniel116 wrote:
The most beautiful vanish using the JW grip, in my opinion, is Apollo Robbin's Withers vanish.
Can be found on the excellent Cultural Exchange DVD

It really became quite popular from there, in Apollo and Shoot Ogawa's stunning uses of the move in immediate/on-the-spot effect. Another fine use of the move is how Eric Jones used it in his Tai Chi Penetration (Karate Coin)…Just excellent! Smile And like any move, it shouldn't be over-done. Smile
*Check out my latest: The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
You might also check out Will Houstoun's Modern Magic DVD set.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Where to learn the JW grip coin vanish (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL