The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Canadian Cities on Jeopardy (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
These guys got zero. Are the questions really that hard?

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
The funny thing is that the woman's name is Victoria.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
... even funnier is the fact that although I have traveled all across Canada many times, I didn't know any of the answers either!
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
Canada?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
The funny thing is that the woman's name is Victoria.

And Randy doesn't look the least bit aroused.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2015, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:

These guys got zero. Are the questions really that hard?

Zero is sort of pathetic. It's not just that they got them wrong, but some of the guesses were just so far off.

FWIW, I knew two for sure and was close to knowing a third. But I found a couple rather obscure.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
It's like asking someone about how an ant lives. Canadian cities are simply irrelevant to most of us.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I'm certain we Americans could find equally challenging questions for Canadians (no disrespect intended). Why the need for bashing here Magnus and Balducci?
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Bashing? I asked if the questions were hard.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Perhaps it was the manner in which you asked. Sometimes things aren't completely understood in written comments as they are when speaking them. However, certainly Balducci clearly came across as bashing: "Zero is sort of pathetic."
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2015, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Bashing? I asked if the questions were hard.

That's all relative. They're hard if you don't know the answers!
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2015, Bob1Dog wrote:
I'm certain we Americans could find equally challenging questions for Canadians (no disrespect intended). Why the need for bashing here Magnus and Balducci?

If I was 'bashing' (which I did not think I was), it was only directed towards the contestants missing all of the questions as a group. As I said, I could not answer all of the questions myself. But a couple were embarrassingly easy. I stand by "zero is sort of pathetic" in the sense that none of the three contestants as a group could get even one.

I like your replacement idea, though. I imagine something like this:

Replace "Residents of this Saskatchewan city are called Moose Javians" with "Residents of this Massachusetts city are called Bostonians".

Replace "This Alberta resort was the first municipality to be incorporated within a Canadian national park" with "This famous geyser regularly erupts in Wyoming in the first national park established in the United States".

Replace "In 1992 this city's velodrome, once used in the Olympic games, was transformed into a environmental biodome" with "A Soviet-led boycott took place of the Olympic games in this city".

Smile
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

The only question I thought to be obscure was the swans on the river Avon. Stratford is well known in Canada but is anything but a major or famous city.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Canadian Cities on Jeopardy (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL