The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » David Roth's expert coin magic... Made easy! Question. (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Endless West
View Profile
Regular user
A town called Malice
185 Posts

Profile of Endless West
Hey guys, I've recently received the David Roth "expert coin magic...made easy" VHS collection. I believe its 20 volumes in all and it was put out by A-1 Multimedia.
I've thought about buying the DVD set by the same name, but was unsure if they're the exact same product.
The DVD set is 3 or 4 discs as opposed to 20(or more?) Vhs tapes. Are the DVDs re-shot and updated material or is it all the same footage just released on DVD?

I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere.
Thanks for your help!
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I think, in some thread, someone confirmed that they are the same, at least the first 3 volumes.

Maybe its worth checking with the publisher to confirm.

If you do decide to get the DVDs, they are easier to deal with, let me know, I only have the first 3 in the series.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Endless West
View Profile
Regular user
A town called Malice
185 Posts

Profile of Endless West
I thought the 3 dvd set was the whole thing.
Are there more than that, an additional set?
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
The original "David Roth's Expert Coin Magic Made Easy" was three VHS tapes. It was released as three DVDs, although I have a one-disk version with all three on it.

Then there is the "David Roth Ultimate Coin Magic Collection," which was originally issued as eight VHS tapes and has been released as four DVDs, two tapes on each disk.

There were also the Tannen's "Stars of Magic" VHS tapes, four of which were Roth material along with an "All Star" tape. They have since been released on DVD.
Endless West
View Profile
Regular user
A town called Malice
185 Posts

Profile of Endless West
Oh now I see where I've gotten confused. volumes 18-20 are of the "expert made easy" series. David Roth's contributions were 1-3, 11, 18-20 of the series; I believe.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
There is great material on all of David's dvds. The older ones have classic material, but its all practical and very clean with good angles. Compare that to a lot of the stuff coming out today which is very angly, or acrobatic. Sometimes people don't see that pretty isn't always practical, and hard isn't always better.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Endless West
View Profile
Regular user
A town called Malice
185 Posts

Profile of Endless West
I agree 100% that a lot of the stuff I'm seeing now seems to be made for performing towards one person standing directly in front of you at eye level. I'm excited to delve into some Roth material and start learning some coin work.
I do own the book Expert Coin Magic, But id like to refer to the videos as well.
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
And when you do want more, there is the superb "New York Coin Magic Seminar" series that sadly may have come to completion with the 2009 (I believe) release of volume 16.
http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net/index.htm
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » David Roth's expert coin magic... Made easy! Question. (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL