The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A little tip for you Magic Café maniacs. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Well I just thought of something. Don't you all hate having to type "www.themagiccafe.com" about 15 times a day or even more?

Do you? Well here is what yo can do. Go to the main page of the Magic Café and choose File -> Save As and save the page on your Desktop. All you have to do from now on is double click the icon and you will be taken immediately here.

Better still. I changed my icon (by right clicking it -> Properties -> Change Icon, and I chose the newspaper) and then dragged it onto the left hand side of the taskbar, at the bottom.

Now I just click on it in the taskbar and voila!!
Yours,

Ivan
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
You can also add the Café to your favorites menu in you browser.
Where the magic begins
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
I have it bookmarked myself.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of MagicAndBlackjack
I also have it in my favorites.

Perhaps you don't have that feature on your computer;

Thanks for the tip anyway!
silverfire9
View Profile
Veteran user
Rochester Hills, MI
323 Posts

Profile of silverfire9
I also have it bookmarked, but if you really want a taskbar icon, the easiest way is to simply drag the little icon next to the URL down to the taskbar icon area and let go. Now you can change the icon, etc., if you want, too. This only works in versions of Windows that allow taskbar icons, obviously. Smile

Oh, and if you want a different icon than the four presented to you, many .exe or .dll files contain icons, and you can use any icon on your computer. If you have a program that can make icons, you could even make your own and use it.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Thanks all.

I prefer the icon over the bookmark, because the former only requires a click. You don't even have to launch the browser.

Thanks for the tip silverfire. Did not know of that.
Yours,

Ivan
Beetroot
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Beetroot
I've got it as my home page Smile
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Steve has made it our homepage, we always come here first. Smile

:cuteangel:
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
I have a few forums I visit regularly (this being one of them) and they're stored up on my browser so all I have to do is CLICK and I'm there!
leefoley3
View Profile
Elite user
Texas
402 Posts

Profile of leefoley3
I have a shortcut on my desktop. Right click on the home page and select Create Shortcut. Ta-Da!!
In December of '06 I was diagnosed with a very rare cancer, Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans. One in a million people worldwide are diagnosed with this type of cancer annually. Sarcomas account for 1% of all cancers. Knowledge is power!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
If you are using IE browser, you can drag the icon from your desktop, or the icon from the browser address to the bottom bar (Where Start is located) and it becomes a one click icon.

I even changed the icon to a small coffee cup. One click and I'm here!
Dennis Michael
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
That's what I did Smile
Yours,

Ivan
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
It's been my homepage for ages, I guess that means I'm a Caféniac Smile
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
Others occasionally use my computer and I don't want them to know about the Café. So, icons and bookmarks won't work for me. Instead, I access the Café by clicking on History.

They could still find it, but only if they start snooping. If I know for sure that someone else will be using the computer, I clear the History.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Redstreak, then you would better switch to decaffeinated. Smile
Yours,

Ivan
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Magix
If The Magic Café is the "worst" click in your History then you are a Saint!
:angel:

Actually, it is the same in mine as well.
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A little tip for you Magic Café maniacs. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL