The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirit writing with cremation ashes (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Uninvited
View Profile
New user
Chicago
64 Posts

Profile of Uninvited
Has anyone done or heard of a routine involving spirit writing where ashes poured from a funerary urn form words or a message?

This got me thinking of possibilities:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wooly_Willy
Mr Timothy Gray
View Profile
Veteran user
Rue d'Auseil
364 Posts

Profile of Mr Timothy Gray
Mr Todd Robbins had an extra powerful routine based on this concept in PLAY DEAD.
Yr. Obdt. Svt.,
Mr Timothy Gray

Specializing in the Occult Arts of Fortune Telling, Magic & Mediumship; Est. 1986
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
I used to do an ashes on arm reveal of a selected tarot card using the "ashes" of my mentor, which I carried in a small momento mori receptacle (actually a distressed pill holder from the local pharmacy). I found incense ash, with a little carbonized paper, worked really nicely.
Uninvited
View Profile
New user
Chicago
64 Posts

Profile of Uninvited
Really? I caught Play Dead in its run at the Players Theatre in New York back in 2010. I wonder if I have just forgotten that element or whether it was added for performances after I saw it. Age and memory are quite unlike chocolate and peanut butter.
Mr Timothy Gray
View Profile
Veteran user
Rue d'Auseil
364 Posts

Profile of Mr Timothy Gray
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2015, Uninvited wrote:
Really? I caught Play Dead in its run at the Players Theatre in New York back in 2010. I wonder if I have just forgotten that element or whether it was added for performances after I saw it. Age and memory are quite unlike chocolate and peanut butter.

It was present from the very beginning. Todd tells a great story about one of the initial participants becoming really emotional. Lance Burton thought it was a stooge. Todd always gave a warning after that before moving into that section.

He tells the story better though.
Yr. Obdt. Svt.,
Mr Timothy Gray

Specializing in the Occult Arts of Fortune Telling, Magic & Mediumship; Est. 1986
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
My effect, "Hero", is exactly that. It is an ashes-on-the-hand effect in which the ashes are poured from an "urn pendant" to reveal a freely chosen number on a spectator's hand while the performer's hands are shown empty (other than the cord the urn is hanging from) at all times. Not sure when, but Tannen's Magic will be releasing it at some point. PM me if you want details.

All the best,

Christopher

Click here to view attached image.
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2015, Mr Timothy Gray wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2015, Uninvited wrote:

It was present from the very beginning. Todd tells a great story about one of the initial participants becoming really emotional. Lance Burton thought it was a stooge. Todd always gave a warning after that before moving into that section.

He tells the story better though.

I took a muggle dad from my kids school to see Play Dead ( I saw it several times) and this dad was brought on stage for the urn and ashes routine.
He was clueless to the methods and fought back tears as his long deceased father came through.
It was a powerful moment and Todd always handled it very delicately.
The man plays the piano and the audience.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirit writing with cremation ashes (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL