The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Gadabout Coins Script (sympathetic coins?) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
Maybe someone can tell me if this has been done....

What if the third coin had been magnetised (say copper coloured) charged by a research assistant using the latest semiconductor technology in the Palo Alto Research Center in California which has given it some quite amazing properties.......

Each time the coins are attracted back by the magnetic coin... Finale being - I wonder what will happen if we put the magnetised coin in my pocket... show all dissapeared....

Of course getting this coin through airport terminals these days is extremely difficult - sets off alarms all over the place...

I use the simplified sleight methods used in Gadabout Coins Revisited by Ron Bauer... ungimmicked...

Do you think Gadabout Coins is too similar to Hopping Halves to use in the same set ?
catch you later

Clarioneer
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Both routines in the same performance? Probably not the best idea.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Stuart Hooper
View Profile
Special user
Mithrandir
759 Posts

Profile of Stuart Hooper
I thought Gadabout Coins and the Sympathetic Coins were different? Anyways, for the Sympathetic Coins, I use a bit about human fellowship, and the magical qualites that bring us together. It seems to get good reactions, and if you try it, don't worry if people start humming that Beatles song...I take that as a good sign, actually.

:stout:
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
Maybe so - they are both in Bobo - just too lazy to look/check Smile and I still haven't Smile
catch you later

Clarioneer
Gary Dayton
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
542 Posts

Profile of Gary Dayton
Did you not get great reactions from the Gaddabout Coins Revisited Script as suggested by Bauer? I perform this all the time as scripted and get terrific reactions; I wouldn't think of changing it. This is one of my favorite routines with coins. It has a sound rationale for introducing odd coins, is direct, and perfectly catches the audidence moving in the wrong direction. I wonder what makes you want to change it?

Gary
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
I like to enhance intro's into all my tricks to draw an audience along with me... just being lucky coins is not strong enough for my style Smile

You should hear my intro to Poker Dan... Same theme is followed but all done in wispers with lots of looking over my shoulder... Only a handful of magicians with access to a few special sites know the full story of what really happened that night and no-one, no-one is allowed to speak of it outside the circle... even the police investigating the death, or should I say murder [tap side of nose twice], don't know what really happened... walls have ears so listen closely and never tell...
catch you later

Clarioneer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Gadabout Coins Script (sympathetic coins?) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL