The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Infinity Cabinet - Andrew Mayne (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Martin Reinertz
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Martin Reinertz
Recently, someone recommended this illusion to me... I've been looking for a good way to magically appear on stage.

It's VERY hard to find any information on it on the web. Does anyone have it? How deceptive is it? The way I understand it it works with rollable shades (right?). Do you need to be far away from your audience? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post the information here.

In summing up: is it worth it's money? How much does it cost to build it?

Thanks a lot,
Martin
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1814 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Plans for the Infinity Cabinet can be found in Andrew Mayne's book "Illusion F/X." Here's a description from the book:

"The magician's assistant pushes a large upright cabinet on stage. The cabinet is spun around once. The assistant then opens the front of the cabinet by releasing a roller-shade. The cabinet appears to be empty. The front shade is then lowered back down. Suddenly, the front, back and sided of the cabinet roll-up to reveal the magician."

I haven't seen anyone selling the Infinity Cabinet already built. The "Illusion F/X" book isn't too expensive so I recommend you purchase it if you want details on it's construction. It doesn't look overly complicated.

If you're looking for something that's already built and has a similar effect, you might want to check the Chameleon sold by Doug Tilford. It folds down to a fairly small package. There's a performance video available on his site: http://www.tilfordillusions.com/chameleon.html
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
289 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
Infinity Cabinet was built and sold by Illusions By Your Design in Vegas but I think they shut down. One was on Magic Auction the last time I checked, you might want to check it out.

Cheers,
Alex Tan
Singapore
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Infinity Cabinet - Andrew Mayne (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL