The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sew-On by Roddie Mcghie (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4213 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Just ordered today, no demo, putting my trust in Roddie because of how good Flux was, anyone seen this or can speak of it?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5693

From the sound of it it sounds like a nice opener for strolling.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1352 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uUU576_vJo

You have a review here by the greats TNT Smile
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
info@olivierboes.com
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Those guys make me want to spend money. Arggghhhhh!!!!
Looks great. Two more things to buy now.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4213 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Doesn't look bad at all, glad I made the buy.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1005 Posts

Profile of Sashac
I have it, it's very good
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
This was a buzz at Blackpool...really cool! Fooled me!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Fooled me too and I bought it a Blackpool. There is a little bit about the reset that makes less than perfect (in my opinion) for strolling. But its a very good trick
WeiserSide1
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
512 Posts

Profile of WeiserSide1
Trailer is up at Penguin! Looks awesome!
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5693
VMagical
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of VMagical
Anyone know how is the set up? I like the looks of it!
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Looks great. Buying for sure. But the set up looks easy if its what I think it is.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3667 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Can any type of shirt be used?
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Looks amazing, Roddie is definately a great thinker !
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1108 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I saw this at Blackpool and it fooled me badly. I told Roddy not to tell me how it was done as I wanted to give it some thought. Michael Weber told me "If you think of 100 methods it will be the last one on the list you'd think of." It's very clever.

Tim
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
768 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Trailer not the best, particularly the 'jump' when the baggie is place on his shirt. But, based on 'Flux', I ordered Sew-On as well. Will review once it arrives and I've had a chance to work with it.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4213 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I got it in the mail today and got through the DVD.

As you know there is one "big" setup and you are set Smile

The reset for the effect I wouldn't mind doing in front of people as they wouldn't know what I'm doing, it would take less than 20 seconds jumping from one area to the other.

I really enjoyed the talk near the end of the dvd, yes this can be a "look at me" kind of effect but it won't be as strong, I like his performance with the presentation of a blind man putting his buttons in various places to determine the color, nice premise for this.

Comes with everything you need to do it, even what you need to sew the button on.

Will take a small amount of practice to get the choreography down so everything looks smooth.

The button and thread penetrate the bag and end up on your shirt, bag can be examined. You then visibly change the location of the button, it reads just like it is.

I really enjoy this and can't wait to do it.

Highly Recommended.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3037 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Is this really any good ? Had massive hype at Blackpool I saw 10 magicians I know buy it and as we go to press I haven't heard of one of them performing it as of yet or mention it since ? So my feeling is its either one of those put on the back burner effects as can't be bothered to set up or not that great they can't be hassled to ruin a suit over ? What's the real deal anyone honestly please !
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4213 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2015, Tarik Flash wrote:
Is this really any good ? Had massive hype at Blackpool I saw 10 magicians I know buy it and as we go to press I haven't heard of one of them performing it as of yet or mention it since ? So my feeling is its either one of those put on the back burner effects as can't be bothered to set up or not that great they can't be hassled to ruin a suit over ? What's the real deal anyone honestly please !

To be honest, it's probably the laziness of not wanting to sew a single button Smile It's really good, if you like what you see in the demo then it's the effect for you, the performance and setup or nice and easy.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3037 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thank you Blindside785
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5293 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Also, if those 10 magicians are performing pros, it can sometimes take time to work something new into your act. All their present routines are probably timed with everything flowing from one to the next smoothly. It usually takes some thought and rearranging to get a new routine in.

Just a thought!

Jim
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
768 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2015, Blindside785 wrote:
To be honest, it's probably the laziness of not wanting to sew a single button Smile It's really good, if you like what you see in the demo then it's the effect for you, the performance and setup or nice and easy.

Sew on a single button? I think I can do that, since my wife rarely does it for me!! Smile Shipped by Penguin on Friday, so I should have it Monday or Tuesday.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sew-On by Roddie Mcghie (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL