The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Alternatives to YouTube (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Is
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Lou Is
Are there any popular alternatives to YouTube?
Any suggestions?
Zlwin Chew
View Profile
Elite user
Malaysian Magician with
437 Posts

Profile of Zlwin Chew
Vimeo. For the more professional and serious producers.
MarkToland
View Profile
New user
Chicago
35 Posts

Profile of MarkToland
Zlwin is right. There are amazing short films on Vimeo.

Also, amazing video is happening on mobile devices, too. (Snapchat, Beme, Periscope, etc.) Worth checking out!
Mind reading Web Series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxXGYrmekzI

Member PEA
tvmikek
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of tvmikek
Vimeo also gives you more opportunity to control your video, including who can see it. They also let you upload updated versions of your video without needing a new link.
pcrpttc
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of pcrpttc
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2015, tvmikek wrote:
Vimeo also gives you more opportunity to control your video, including who can see it. They also let you upload updated versions of your video without needing a new link.

Agree! I saw a lot of professionals magician use Vimeo instead of Youtube Smile
dnarayan
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of dnarayan
I'd give Vimeo another vote!

Also worth looking at JW Player: https://www.jwplayer.com/pricing/

It's not a platform where people will go to find videos, but it allows you to embed videos on your site using a totally customisable player (right down to what all the buttons look like). But for most uses, I think Vimeo's a great choice.
JassTan
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
105 Posts

Profile of JassTan
Vine, snapchat and instagram is also a great alternative if you want to take the social media route.
Bella Dans
View Profile
New user
Amsterdam
20 Posts

Profile of Bella Dans
A lot of famous magician are using instagram cause it would reach more audience.
Nat_lawson
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Nat_lawson
Also, you can post directly onto facebook or instagram. I recently had great success with making a "web series" for facebook, the videos were between three and six minutes long and they really added a lot to my web presence. I think I got about ten professional gigs from the series of eight short videos.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
What is your definition of "professional gigs" so we are understanding you?
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1101 Posts

Profile of Nash
If you want quality of video, def. Vimeo
If you are looking to build a following, Youtube is still the king. Next in line are either Snapchat/Instagram for the younger demographic.
Facebook IMO is dying slowly since most younger audiences interact on Snapchat more than anything.
I teach leaders the magic of curiosity and empathetic communication. keynote Speaker | Seattle magician
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Hi guys,

Does anyone of you know how to embed a Vimeo clip in a post here? Hyperlinking is easy, I guess, but I would love to see the picture frame. TMC does have an opportunity to do this with Youtube. All help is very welcome! Thanks, Luc.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I am posting to this for absolutely no other reason than that it will be in my profile and I can access it easily!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
SacredChao
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of SacredChao
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2017, Nash wrote:
If you want quality of video, def. Vimeo
If you are looking to build a following, Youtube is still the king. Next in line are either Snapchat/Instagram for the younger demographic.
Facebook IMO is dying slowly since most younger audiences interact on Snapchat more than anything.

So would you lean more toward Youtube or Instagram to ensure some views?

I'm planning something involving beer, and this seems relevant to my interests.
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
213 Posts

Profile of debjit
YouTube will always be king in my opinion, but Facebook and Instagram magic has also become really popular in the recent years.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Alternatives to YouTube (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL