The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Operation Was A Success (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22389 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just wanted to tell everyone that follows my posts, that I had a major surgery on the 3rd of June. It was discovered while seeking the reason for another problem, that they discovered my aorta, and iliac arteries both had aneurysms, and my hypogastric artery had two blood clots. The surgery used the new 2 part stent on my aorta, and a stent on my iliac arteries. Using a new method for blood clots, they inserted coil wire in the clots to capture the clot so it will not move out of the wall of the artery wall, and move to the heart for those silent killers of so many people.

Thankfully, with the new methods, they did not have to open my chest, so recovery is only a week or two. I am feeling much better, and did not of course die, as the iliac was near, if not ready to rupture.

This is the very 1st time in 68 years I have had any kind of major surgery, so it was all a very new experience for me.

Not being silk all of my life and not needing to go to a doctor was good, as far as I am concerned.

What I have learned from this, and these silent killers, is that every man should at least get CT or CAT scan of your body and every 10 years or so. It can save your life. It is painless, and takes only 15 to 20 minutes.

I have had several CT Scans previously, but for whatever reason they did not inject the isotopes into my veins. This was the determining factor at finding aneurysms and blood clots. This is the stuff that will discover any abnormalities.

Be eager to read your posts and questions concerning magic. I have devoted my life to the art of magic. Looks like I will have some more time enjoy this wonderful entertainment art form.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Wow, such good news that these issues were found in a timely manner. So glad to hear, and thanks for writing in some detail about it, and providing a sober warning for us all.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Magic_son
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Magic_son
I think we are blessed that we have many more years to come with your guidance and direction.
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
Glad you are still with us, Bill. Recover well!
Tim Silver - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Woodshop/122578214436546

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Bill - Great news, I'm so glad they found the issues and were able to take care of them in a way that allows you to get back to normal a lot more quickly than might have happened in the past. You're right, it's important to visit with the doctor regularly when things are fine because that can allow them to catch things early. I wish you a speedy recovery, and all the best!
Charley
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22389 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Thank you all for your comments, it means a lot to me.

I cannot stress how it is important to it is to get a CT Scan. Aneurysms are totally silent, you are going about your life, you feel okay, and all of a sudden you drop. That is it, you feel nothing even though you are bleeding out inside. Same for Clots, fine and it hits you and you are gone. Preventive scans is the only answer to finding these.

It was really Regis Philbin that made me confident enough to go into the surgery. He spoke on his Live morning show whenever he had artery repairs. The last time before he left the show, he actually sais he was performing in Florida. He just felt something was not right. So he flew back to NY, and that night had a stint placed in an artery. He must have 4 or 5 stints by now. The next Monday morning he was on the show, talking about it. Talk about a great example of how good the operation is today. He gave me the believe and confidence to go for it.

You hear everyday on the news of movie Stars and personalities, having an aneurysm, but that is all they say. I thought I would try to express how dangerous this is to all people.

I so want you all to take care of yourselves and to have a long full life.
TCG438
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of TCG438
Good news, Bill! Preserve yourself!
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Glad your doing well. Hate those CT scans with the iodine and the crap you have too drink. getting mine every 45 days.
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Great news I am happy for you.
This is my 18 th year on being a member of the cafe.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Glad you're OK Bill. Good for you for encouraging others to take proper steps to insure their health.

Sparky, I'm glad you are doing what you have to. Hang in there. Treat yourself to a great smoothie afterwards. You can blend it up yourself.

-Mary Mowder
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1104 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Glad to hear things worked out. It was good of you to offer some words of wisdom as well. It will certainly be something people will think upon, and it will certainly save lives.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5316 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Good news Bill! Take it easy for awhile and just enjoy life!

Take care.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Operation Was A Success (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL