The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » A good Levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
Hi everyone,

I know this question has been posted before, but I didn't want to go through 20 pages looking for it. I don't really want to spend more then about $3,000, and was looking for a good levitation. The main thing I'm looking for is levitation, meaning while in the air I'd like her to move up and down, versus a normal suspension. I don't want it to need a curtain method either. I'll gladly stand in front of that special gimmick. I've heard suggestions like "Dev Rey" and "Floating Fantasy," but can anyone give me more suggestions, or their thoughts on the two I just mentioned? I appreciate all your help...thanks!
Believe In Magic....I do!
IllusionJack
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of IllusionJack
I'd be interested in this one too. I'm thinking of doing it by renting some heavy machinery, as I haven't really found anything so far that is inexpensive enough for me that does what I want. I want the girl to start on the stage floor - rise up 5 feet or so, then float back down. I'm going for a very classic presentation on a very limited budget, without being dependant on fly systems.

--Jack Smile
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I have looked at "Dev Ray" and "Floating Fantasy" on Tilford's Illusion site. They appear to be the same as GAMOLO FEATHER-LITE ILLUSION, or a copy of it.

I do have the older version of the Gamolo Levitation. I have revised it to work with other bases instead of the box type it comes with.

Yes they are a nice levitation but you still need a backdrop or a curtain in the rear. They are not invisable and they don't roll on stage. Yes, You can use screens or variations of such on any of these, without a backdrop. They are still stage illusions and they do not go to the floor.

A floor variation could work but the lift would not be five feet. Quiet motor driven screw actuators do not lift more than three feet. So pick a starting point, that is why it is usually waist high.

I've done a study on levitations and suspensions, and to accomplish floor to waist (Like Lance Burton's DVD) one needs a below floor device as well as other craftsmanship devices. $15,000 plus I've been told)

Depending on you mechanical expertise, a used hospital bed, or medical lift might fit your pocketbook. A relationship with a machinist really pays off and is required.

I can't speak for the two on Tilfords Web site, but the box is a dead givaway as to it's similaraity to the Gamolo Levitiation.

The Gamolo Levitation was advertised several times in the MAGIC Magazine.

If you want other information, please PM me or Call me. Anyway you look at it you will put out some bucks for a levitation as opposed to a suspension (Super-X type)
Dennis Michael
tilford
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of tilford
Hello,

Doug Tilford here. Your leg hides gimmick for both the Dev Ray and Floating Fantasy.

The Dev Ray has to plugged in while Floating Fantasy is battery operated.

On both of the above the table that person reclines on can be rolled away

If you wish to cover gimmick with black velvet and have a black background you can then step away but you don t have to perform either this way

Feel Free to call tol free number of 800 537 5381

Thank You, Doug
http://www.tilfordillusions.com
magician@tilfordillusions.com
Phone (386) 322-7308
Fax (386) 761-3973
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2222 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
So far the best Levitation on sale is from Yogano. It is custom tailored for you and your assistant. You don't need any table, bases or anything. Just you and your lady assistant. It can be done surrounded on all sides. It was even featured in "That's Incredible", a tv series wherein all sides were shown on tv.
I really don't know if Yogano still makes this type of levitation. The last time I asked him, he was selling it for US$12,000. I couldn't afford one till now. But I know it's so small and can be done surrounded. The lady lies on the floor, levitates till the magician's waist, turns in a standing position and walks away. That's it. No visible props. I saw Yogano Jr. demonstrate this in Den Haag FISM convention in 1988 together with the chair levitation. he was even wearing tight leather pants. I know how it's done but I haven't found that special something yet.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
Macaw magic...can you pm me? I think this is the same as the yogano's ultimate? I was asking about in the triple dare forum. It sound close but with added twist from my thinking. ~Tim
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20508 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Hello Doug!

Mylar streamers can also be used with the items above described by Doug Tilford. Our last ones came from a party store and are hung from a frame made of EMT electrical tubing and mounted in two outdoor garden torch bases from WalMart ($6/each). The whole works cost about $40, looks good as a backdrop and, without the illusion, just serves as the doorway. You do have to watch the breeze. Weighting the ends of the mylar streamers helps. Tape pennies to the bottoms of problem streamers. It will really reduce the range of motion.

You just can't keep a good magician or his assistant down! (Long)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Interesting
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » A good Levitation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL