The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » REVIEW: Cellular Mitosis 3 by Docc Hilford (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
248 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
Hello All,

Cris Johnson here with another mentalism review. This product is Cellular Mitosis 3 by Docc Hilford. It's available at his site www.ientertainer.net for I believe $39 as an instant download. You receive a PDF of the basic CM3 method and script as well as PDF copies of the first two cellular mitosis effects. You also receive an mp4 video of Docc running through all three routines because basically CM3 is an effect that combines the best parts of CM1 and CM2 plus some INCREDIBLE psychology to make this a fool proof stunner. You also receive an mp3 of the recording so you can listen to it as you drive or while you work out.

As an aside, I LOVE the mp3 approach as I drive quite a bit in terms of distances to shows, so this approach is great for people like me.

The basic effect is this: Any person in the audience thinks of any thought. Another person in the audience thinks of someone whom they know who is NOT present at your event. You pull the name and phone number from the person's mind and call the person. As a finale, that person on the phone reveals the first person's thought!

This is an incredible evolution to the cellular mitosis effect. Several years ago, Docc released the first cellular mitosis effect and it caused a ton of discussion with some saying "it wouldn't work" and so on. I know that is all BS because I used it in several shows and it got a great response. Without tipping too much, the original CM effect can be a one or two person effect. I preferred the two person effect version but quit performing it when my second person proved to be unreliable.

Then Docc moved to Cellular Mitosis 2 which added the revelation of the phone number and name of the random person called. Very strong, but I preferred a simpler version.

CM 3 addresses all of it and more. Here are the facts:

NO preshow needed - although Docc does say you could have the person who is thinking of the friend call that person so you KNOW they will answer their phone during the show. For stage, I think that is key, but really, CM 3 CAN be totally impromptu.

NO Instant Stooges - there are a ton of mentalism effects where during the effect, you cue the spec to answer as you want. I HATE those effects as people DO talk after shows! CM 3 is NOT an instant stooge/cue situation. The person called will be just as amazed as everyone else.

NO secret helpers needed

NO games - the person who is called on the phone is the SAME person who gives the answer of the thought of thought to bring the piece to a close.

ANY thought! Obviously you are not going to be working with someone thinking of the Gettysburg address, but there is practically NO limit to what can be thought of.

I didn't think something like this work but it does. It relies on some simple psychology and surprisingly is MUCH LESS ballsy than CM 1 or CM 2. You really are working alone, and the work you do during the routine cleans everything up nicely.

Additionally, virtually ANY phone can be used. There's no app or any kind of technology to go wrong.

This is one of the most incredible things I've ever purchased in the world of mentalism. I find myself saying that a lot regarding Docc's stuff, and while I have ZERO financial gain from posting this, I am a fan and am thrilled with this piece. I can't imagine there will ever be a CM 4 as I can't conceive of how Docc could ever improve this.

HIGHLY recommended.
Cris Johnson, BCH, CI, CT.NLP

www.ProfessionalMagicProducts.com
Sicorace
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Sicorace
How is this different from Nefesch - Blackout approach?
jstreiff
View Profile
Special user
701 Posts

Profile of jstreiff
I can completely confirm everything Cris says about CM3. I would also add that Stetson has regularly used this effect in his shows as well. Not aware of Blackout, so I can't comment on that. I can however offer a summary of Jheff's comments on the two.

I am not posting the link because the info comes from a private forum.

Briefly, according to Jheff, both look quite similar but the methods are completely different. Both involve a bit of DR. Both use ungaffed phones, but apparently there is something about certain phones that makes the one critical move potentially a bit more difficult with Blackout. Jheff also commented that the instructional video presents some challenges in trying to understand the principle, at least initially. Hope this is useful.
John
Sicorace
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Sicorace
Sorta... Smile (I got CM3, was wondering about blackout)
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Why don't you share your observations on the differences on CM3 and blackout since you have both?
Sicorace
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Sicorace
I only own CM3 - I was thinking in getting Blackout too, if it's different. if it's the same thing it's not worth.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Do you need one of those newer phones? I still use a flip phone with no internet.

Ray
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
402 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Blackout and CM3 are different in their methods. Both are relatively easy, but Blackout does take a bit of practice to get it smooth. It does require a bit of dexterity, though it is simple, as it takes advantage of a unique feature of many cell phones. As to CM, personally, I like the simplicity of the original CM more than the subsequent versions, but they are all good. I will also clarify what John said when he mentioned my saying that the instructional video poses challenges. Due to its structure and language (English is not Nefesch's native language), it's a bit difficult to follow. You just have to watch it more than once. This is not a criticism of the principle itself, which is clever, just the instructional video and, honestly, it's more of an FYI.

- Jheff
Marketplace of the Mind PARIMENTAL, a 200 page exploration of a classic Martin Gardner principle, is now available!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » REVIEW: Cellular Mitosis 3 by Docc Hilford (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL