The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Seance Contest - Be Creative, Win Prizes (104 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult

That's it. I just sent the PDF and additional files. If you submitted and you haven't received an email, check your SPAM folder. If there's nothing there, please drop me a line: totalcult[at]gmail[dot]com

The collection finished up being 275 pages of brilliant, inspiring and creative stuff. Thanks so much to everyone who took part.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
665 Posts

Profile of Bedford
Thanks Mat, can't wait to read this!
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
660 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
Wow. I have just given the manuscript the briefest perusal. So much great material. In other areas of the Café, this would have been an expensive, limited manuscript. Thanks Mat, this is the best magic book I've had in a long time.
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
I noticed the first effect used the four corners tarot with Luna.
For those of you who didn't realize, "The Tower" card in the four corners tarot is c@lney h@tch burning down.

I hid a lot of stuff in there... Guess I never mentioned it anywhere.
Tokyo Williams
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
126 Posts

Profile of Tokyo Williams
Thanks again, Mat, for spear-heading this. Just skimmed the document, and it's already shaping up to be one of my favorite works of the year.
I have nothing to say
And I am saying it
And that is poetry.
-John Cage
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Yes! Thanks so much Mat!
What a fun summer read!
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4380 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
I've got a 12-hour plane flight waiting for me on Wednesday. I'm going to upload this to my Kindle and enjoy the ride.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
lin
View Profile
Special user
California
820 Posts

Profile of lin
Thanks so much Mat! Your role as sponsor, editor, compiler, and distributor is very much appreciated.
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
896 Posts

Profile of Perkins
What a mighty book. This is one to relish. Gratitude to everyone at the table.

Mat, thank you for summoning the spirits and binding them to this impeccably curated collection.
J?
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of J?
Huge thanks to Mat. This was my first contribution to something like this and it was a joy to do and be a part of.
Cannot wait to get my teeth into the book.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1457 Posts

Profile of Darkness
What a gift from the community thank you!
I'm honored and grateful.
And thanks to you once again Matcult for all your hard work and encouragement.
This is what Spooky was meant to be.....
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of pawel
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2015, Stoltz wrote:
I noticed the first effect used the four corners tarot with Luna.
For those of you who didn't realize, "The Tower" card in the four corners tarot is c@lney h@tch burning down.

I hid a lot of stuff in there... Guess I never mentioned it anywhere.

Now you got me interested as I do perform Lun@ and recently bought 4 corners. I wish I have seen this post earlier.
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
789 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
I just read half of the book (reading on séance versus sleeping, an easy choice) : it is a strange mix but there is a huge quantity of gold and creativity stored between those pages Smile

Thank you Mat Smile
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Folks, find out if you are a lucky winner of the prize draw for this awesome Seance competition by watching this video...

MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Congrats to the winners. In fact congrats to everyone who took part.

Just a quick update: In my excitement to get the PDF out to you all, I made a couple of oversights:
1. Bartleby's piece didn't appear in the contents!
2. I missed some beautiful images that Eddie Garland sent along with his wonderful piece.

I'll be sending a corrected PDF to you all later today.

Sorry about that!
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Oh, and thanks to everyone who has sent such kind words of appreciation! It makes it all worthwhile to know you get some enjoyment from the PDF!
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
394 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
I just downloaded and took a first look. Wow!

Participating at the "Side Show Contest" was already a blast, but this pdf is just astonishing.

A big thank you to all other contributors and an even bigger thank you to Matthew for setting this up and putting the pdf together.

Regards

Michael
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1725 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Mat, this is an awesome prize! Congrats to all the winners of the drawing!
All the best,
David
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2015, BeachBum wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2015, Nyama Possessor wrote:
I'll be submitting a very unique and interesting routine called "Summoning Rumi", wherein contact is made with a great historical spiritual figure to answer some of life's deepest and most philosophical questions, which ultimately results in several unexpected and visually haunting surprise climaxes... Sitters are sure to remember this memorable and emotionally-moving, multi-dimensional phenomenon!! Tried, tested and true!!

I look forward to seeing this!

I don't think that's what he submitted in the end. You should have your PDF by now if you submitted a piece. Please let me know if you think I've missed you.

Best wishes,
Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

Profile of Nyama Possessor
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2015, BeachBum wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2015, Nyama Possessor wrote:
I'll be submitting a very unique and interesting routine called "Summoning Rumi", wherein contact is made with a great historical spiritual figure to answer some of life's deepest and most philosophical questions, which ultimately results in several unexpected and visually haunting surprise climaxes... Sitters are sure to remember this memorable and emotionally-moving, multi-dimensional phenomenon!! Tried, tested and true!!

I look forward to seeing this!

BeachBum,

My apologies, I did not end up submitting "Summoning Rumi", an effect I had originally created in 2007 (and am currently working on revising)... Unfortunately, I did not get it refined and updated enough to my liking in time to submit it before the deadline. To be completely honest, even what I did submit was rather rushed and full of typos. Yet, I will be offering an edited version of what I DID submit to all who were part of the contest (I should have that ready and available by this weekend if all goes well).

Truthfully, I've got a lot of family obligations currently taking up most of my time and energy right now, among other imperative personal things regarding a bad house fire we suffered, and dealing with all that comes with that utter chaos and madness... Recovering, healing, grieving and striving to replace what was lost. Not making excuses, just keeping it real. Slow motion is better than no motion, you know what I mean? With that said, I do plan to release "Summoning Rumi" in an upcoming book entitled:

The Tome of Timbuktu: Magik from Dya Malela (Afrika): The 2nd Golden Era

This book will be part of a 3 volume set (and I'm hoping my dear Brother and Elder, his EYE-ness Master Baba Gede Nibo will be contributing to this as well, more is to be revealed!). That said, should the chance arrive again to submit "Summoning Rumi", I will gladly release it as part of another collaborative effort, just like Mat has organized here.

Many thanks to Mat for compiling this mighty digital compilation! And to all the other contributors, thank you as well! 'Nuff respect! There are some heavy hitters among those who submitted, as well as some whose work has never been previously published before. Each one, teach one! Looking forward to reading this weighty piece in full. More is to be revealed!

From under the shade tree,

~ Nyama ~
The Honorable NYAMA POSSESSOR

Co-Founder & Co-Creator of MAGICAL REALISM, Owner of ANCESTRAL REALM PRODUCTIONS

* 17 Year Member of the Shadow Network * ICBM Alumnus *

Creator/Author of SUMMONING RUMI and numerous other underground proprietary releases...
Books, routines and tools coming soon, available only and exclusively at www.AlchemyMoon.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Seance Contest - Be Creative, Win Prizes (104 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL