The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (276 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..15..19..23..27..31..33~34~35 [Next]
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
427 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Sounds good, Maddy-looking forward to your review.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2015, Calvin826 wrote:
Thanks for the reply, Chessman.

When I was a kid I remember that sometimes you would get one of these gimmicks in a pack of baseball cards, and you could easily tell it wasn't a normal card. Granted, the workings might be better camouflaged by the intricate art on the back of a bicycle card, but I would think lighting would still be a concern.

Yes, I remember those, too. Somewhere near the beginning of the topic, tungsten lighting was mentioned. I'll look for that, again.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
427 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Just re-watched the headphone portion of the demo... Bit of tricky editing there, no?
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2015, Calvin826 wrote:
Just re-watched the headphone portion of the demo... Bit of tricky editing there, no?

Perhaps. But you can easily see how the set up could be done.

In all honesty, that is my least favorite effect of the bunch. I can't see myself performing that one so I'm not too concerned. But who knows! I may end up loving the effect once I have the gimmick in hand.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1788 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2015, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
The headphone through card was only cut because I filmed the clip myself and couldn't tilt the camera.

Lloyd already commented on this...
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2015, GeraintClarke wrote:
It's sold out for the second time. Sorry to all those who didn't get a chance to buy this yet.

Ha! Figures. I'm done. Not worth it.

Doug
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Loyal user
VA
202 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2015, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2015, Magic.Maddy wrote:
So wait... It's being shipped on the 28th of this month? That is a Sunday.

The 28th of NEXT MONTH is a Tuesday.

So this will be shipped out on Sunday this weekend? (Even though the post is closed) or it will be shipped out Tuesday a month from now? I was under the impression that it was this weekend.

There was a brief error on the site because of times zones and dates. It's now corrected. These will begin shipping Monday the 30th of this month. Basically, 3 days from now.

Monday is the 29th. ??

Like I have said before I have purchased this but I do believe E has changed their marketing ways. I could do with out the vulgarity in the emails. !@#$!%%&* Does NOT entice me to buy a product. What happened to clean reviews?
I will be reviewing this the day that I get it. Provided it ships on time.
Just my 2 cents.
Peace.
Pelican.
Amrit
View Profile
New user
UK
84 Posts

Profile of Amrit
I'm just curious and this may well be a stupid question but is this something that will only ever be available (once they get more) through E? I have noticed some of their products you can only buy from them (i.e. Pyro) and althought I was very tempted to buy Change, I decided not to due to the shipping cost to the UK (it was more than the product!).

Judging by many of the comments I have read already though I think regardless of the above, I will wait until there are some reviews. It does look great but unfortunately looking great and it being something I can personally work with are two different things.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Postage was $9 amrit. There were more expensive options but the cheapest was $9. not too bad in my opinion
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2015, Magic.Maddy wrote:
I really don't understand all of the hostility that is being exhibited towards this effect...

I don't feel the hostility is to the effect, rather it's to the chosen method of marketing.
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
Quote:

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm getting with this. I'm prepared to have the right angle and I'm prepared to switch the gimmicks.

Hope you are also prepared for your life to be changed. Smile
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2015, TuneHV wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2015, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
The headphone through card was only cut because I filmed the clip myself and couldn't tilt the camera.

Lloyd already commented on this...

Yes, the comment was that the performer was recording it himself so needed to adjust camera angle or some-such. Surely with 999 sold ( at least) they can afford a camera man.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2015, Robmonster wrote:

I don't feel the hostility is to the effect, rather it's to the chosen method of marketing.

Understandable. But you must admit, it clearly works.

Quote:
On Jun 29, 2015, Robmonster wrote:
Quote:

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm getting with this. I'm prepared to have the right angle and I'm prepared to switch the gimmicks.

Hope you are also prepared for your life to be changed. Smile

Thank you. My life changes every day!
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
Well, they /say/ it works...
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
Actually, realised that came off as quite dismissive, didn't mean that. I actually hope this is a nice workable effect I'm just having a bit of a laugh at the marketing technique in play here.
Amrit
View Profile
New user
UK
84 Posts

Profile of Amrit
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2015, Paul S Wingham wrote:
Postage was $9 amrit. There were more expensive options but the cheapest was $9. not too bad in my opinion

USPS FIRST CLASS INT'L - NO TRACKING - 6-8 WEEKS - does not include brokerage or duties - $11.95

That was the cheapest shipping method for a DVD valued at $24.95. Wasn't the cost on this method that was the problem but the delivery time of 6-8 weeks. :/ After this shipping was from $46 onwards.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Today's the day it's supposed to ship. I'm hoping it actually does and there won't be a preorder delay which tends to happen a lot these days.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1395 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Guys, just wanna say something, it says 6-8 weeks but this will never happen, you'll receive shortly, this is the shippment I use to my country, and in about 1 week or two I have my product.
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
PM
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
When I have ordered with that level of posting it has taken at least 6 weeks for the parcel top get to the UK.
I love sponges
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Still no shipping confirmation for me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (276 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..15..19..23..27..31..33~34~35 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL