The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (273 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10..15..20..25..30..33~34~35 [Next]
samdan
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of samdan
Sashac,

Is it easy enough for a hobbyist to do? Not a kid, but an adult with a full time job who likes good and easy effects. Practice is fine, just not interested in hours on hours as I do magic for fun for family and friends. No gigs etc. Thanks for your insight.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4669 Posts

Profile of RNK
In the demo the card is never shown from the side. I wonder how normal or thick the card is? The rope through the card was edited so I wonder how that effect truly is? I also wonder how long this will last with regular usage. My card magic is 99% gimmickless because I don't want to have to rely on something breaking/not working. But I am always open to gaffs. I learned a long time ago how gimmicked cards/boxes etc. are just not 100% reliable and got sick of wasting money on them.

Answers to the above questions would be great!

Thanks,
RNK
robd
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of robd
I bet those angles are tricky with multiple spectators.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2015, samdan wrote:
Sashac,

Is it easy enough for a hobbyist to do? Not a kid, but an adult with a full time job who likes good and easy effects. Practice is fine, just not interested in hours on hours as I do magic for fun for family and friends. No gigs etc. Thanks for your insight.

It's almost self-working mate.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3983 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Well, I drank the Kool-Aid on this, just for fun Smile Ordered about 10 minutes ago.

I have a sneaking suspicion I know how it is done, but its just a guess. I'll know a few days after it ships on the 28th, assuming no delays.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4669 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2015, Chessmann wrote:
Well, I drank the Kool-Aid on this, just for fun Smile Ordered about 10 minutes ago.

I have a sneaking suspicion I know how it is done, but its just a guess. I'll know a few days after it ships on the 28th, assuming no delays.

Maybe you can answer my questions I posted above. I am skeptical since GeraintClarke answered someone else's questions but not mine.

Thanks Chessman!

RNK
otreboR
View Profile
Loyal user
The Netherlands
227 Posts

Profile of otreboR
It would be nice to see a live performance.
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2015, RNK wrote:
In the demo the card is never shown from the side. I wonder how normal or thick the card is? The rope through the card was edited so I wonder how that effect truly is? I also wonder how long this will last with regular usage. My card magic is 99% gimmickless because I don't want to have to rely on something breaking/not working. But I am always open to gaffs. I learned a long time ago how gimmicked cards/boxes etc. are just not 100% reliable and got sick of wasting money on them.

Answers to the above questions would be great!

Thanks,
RNK

To answer a few of your questions. Yes this can be seen from the side as this is practically a normal card. These will last for years. No heat or special inks. These will 100% not break during performance. The headphone through card was only cut because I filmed the clip myself and couldn't tilt the camera. What you see is what you get. You receive 5 gimmicks ready to go that will last a life time.

I know you weren't RNK but I urge people to please not fish for methods.

Thank you to everyone else so far.

See the full trailer here: CHANGE by Lloyd Barnes
Creative & Project Development at Ellusionist

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I've ordered as well. I'm pretty positive I know the method. It seems like there will only be one issue here, which may not be a problem since that's quite literally all you would have to worry about.

That said, I am looking forward to receiving it and playing with the gimmicks! The effects all look really great, and I'm very excited. I haven't preordered in a very very long time (if ever.)

Here's to hoping this doesn't get delayed!

Can't wait, thanks for releasing it, Lloyd,
Madison
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3983 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
At this point, all we can say is, "Is this effect worth it even if you can only effectively perform it from the same angles as you see in the trailer?" because that is all we have to go on.

For me, the answer is yes. But we won't know for sure until people get it and review. And remember, there are only 999 of these Smile I'm sure that's true, but I can't imagine they wouldn't do another run if it were financially warranted. But I'm certainly not in the know, so take that with a BIG grain of salt.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Dapperdan
View Profile
Regular user
Detroit Area Magicians & Mentalists (DAMM)
132 Posts

Profile of Dapperdan
Lloyd... thanks for your frank reply to RNK! I love reading this forum and am disappointed when people fish (or even worse - reveal) methods!

I just ordered Change and am looking forward to incorporating it into my card routine!
Tada!...

pelicantrapper
View Profile
Loyal user
VA
202 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
Is it possible to do a full view change of the front of the card? Like Morpheus but with the other side of the card?

I ordered already though.
Can't wait. Thanks!
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
And remember, there are only 999 of these Smile I'm sure that's true, but I can't imagine they wouldn't do another run if it were financially warranted.

That's where volume 2 comes in Smile

The only real question I have is what coins can be used with Forge?
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3983 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2015, Magic.Maddy wrote:

The only real question I have is what coins can be used with Forge?

Probably a dollar-sized coin.
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
At this point, all we can say is, "Is this effect worth it even if you can only effectively perform it from the same angles as you see in the trailer?" because that is all we have to go on.

For me, the answer is yes. But we won't know for sure until people get it and review. And remember, there are only 999 of these Smile I'm sure that's true, but I can't imagine they wouldn't do another run if it were financially warranted. But I'm certainly not in the know, so take that with a BIG grain of salt.

These are 100% real world practical. We have live performances videos coming over the next coming weeks. We held back because the main video speaks for itself and this is what your audience will and does see. These can be performed from a multitude of practical angles and everything is explained from myself and Daniel Madison in the explanation videos in great detail.

Quite simply; My creation would not be on the market if I did not perform it for real people and get incredible reactions For me, to release magic which is impractical is totally pointless. I leave that sort of business to other companies.
Creative & Project Development at Ellusionist

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2015, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
Quote:

These are 100% real world practical. We have live performances videos coming over the next coming weeks. We held back because the main video speaks for itself and this is what your audience will and does see. These can be performed from a multitude of practical angles and everything is explained from myself and Daniel Madison in the explanation videos in great detail.

Quite simply; My creation would not be on the market if I did not perform it for real people and get incredible reactions For me, to release magic which is impractical is totally pointless. I leave that sort of business to other companies.

So nice to hear a creator say that Smile

We need more people that perform their creations in the real world before they sell them. I can't stand creators who have clearly never tried out their own product.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I am watching this one very closely with interest.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
I've ordered as well. I'm pretty positive I know the method. It seems like there will only be one issue here, which may not be a problem since that's quite literally all you would have to worry about.

That said, I am looking forward to receiving it and playing with the gimmicks! The effects all look really great, and I'm very excited. I haven't preordered in a very very long time (if ever.)

Madison

We never say never..... but unless someone lets that T-rex off the Island in Jurassic World, and it goes after our warehouse staff, then you'll get your CHANGE as normal.

- G
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3983 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Lloyd, this is very good to hear. Thank you for saying.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2015, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:

Madison

We never say never..... but unless someone lets that T-rex off the Island in Jurassic World, and it goes after our warehouse staff, then you'll get your CHANGE as normal.

- G

I'll call the production staff and tell them to keep their dinosaurs on tight watch Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (273 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10..15..20..25..30..33~34~35 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.53 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL