The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (275 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..21..24..27..30..33~34~35 [Next]
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Honestly, I was appalled that the teaching/effects - particularly for the CC Card and the transposing angels - were being introduced as capable of "changing magic forever".

I have bought only a handful of items over the years from Ellusionist. They've got a reputation for hype (though I don't recall anything that matches "Change"), but also a generally good reputation for customer service and putting out good quality material. I have to wonder, though, if "Change" could have the poorest "hype to reality" ratio of any product they have ever released?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Loyal user
VA
202 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2015, Chessmann wrote:
Honestly, I was appalled that the teaching/effects - particularly for the CC Card and the transposing angels - were being introduced as capable of "changing magic forever".

I have bought only a handful of items over the years from Ellusionist. They've got a reputation for hype (though I don't recall anything that matches "Change"), but also a generally good reputation for customer service and putting out good quality material. I have to wonder, though, if "Change" could have the poorest "hype to reality" ratio of any product they have ever released?

I whole heartedly agree. I love everything I have ever gotten from them. Like I said they are where I got my true start with magic. But Change truly does have the "poorest "hype to reality ratio"

I feel like Brad wanted to make money so he picked a "pawn" to put his name on the effect. So he could hype it up and make money off of nothing. Not seriously but Elluminati anyone? (:
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1766 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
There are 2 people I don't trust and will never purchase any of there Hyped Products

Sanns Mind

And

Elusionist

Time and Time again they both promise the earth but never deliver

Sad thing is even though people have been burned

In a few weeks time when the next hyped item comes out I expect the same people
will be saying the same things again

Some people never learn

Don't believe the hype.

Don't pre order anything
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8025 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Please, everyone demand their money back. Don't let them get away with this.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2015, pegasus wrote:

Hitting the wallet is the likely the only way to spur any change in behavior. On my return form, I let them know very clearly my feelings about the effect and the hype. I thought about simply selling mine, but I just didn't want them to turn around and sell it to someone else.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2015, pegasus wrote:

Pegasus, great call.

The rest of us are all laughing at the purchasers. Look...

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Do you really want to be the laughing stock?

No, didn't think so.

DEMAND a refund NOW!
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Jamie, would you like something to scoop? Here's something for ya to scoop! Reminds me of "Change," too! Smile

What a combination!

[img]https://imgflip.com/readImage?iid=19144545[/img]
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Brilliant Chessman! Smile
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Here we go, Jaime! Its perfect!

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Look, Jaime! This one comes with 5 gimmicks, too!

altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
215 Posts

Profile of altrez
This is just about to get out of hand. We are all professionals here. Can we not discuss this more in a way that does not make everyone look like 12 year old boys? I ordered this effect and have not received it as of yet. When I do I will leave an honest review.

-Altrez
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Unlucky Altrez.

I think Chessman's pics of the product are quite accurate.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Oh, I don't think a little fun is too out of order.

But I promise I will refrain from posting any more pictures of "Change".
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
870 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
We aren't hearing anything more from Geraint or Lloyd now, are we?

Sometimes I wonder why Lloyd bothers to release his best stuff to the public.

I'm expecting mine on Monday. If I'm unhappy with it, I will be asking for a refund without a doubt.

I may even take it straight to PayPal just to go on the record with them.

That's the only way to stop this sort of thing from happening again.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2015, minderX wrote:
If think this concept was already used by Alvo Stockman the name of the effect is "Battle of the Sexes"

So the concept is not new in magic just the use with playingcards

But the blurb stated "It's a new concept that could help CHANGE magic forever."

So not only was the advertising over-hyped.. it was also flat out WRONG. And yes I still think that the animation of the card changing with no camera movement and no card movement is dishonest and misleading.

BTW, did anyone else notice that not one, but ALL of the "what people are saying" quotes in one of the emails came from social media sites.. i.e. from people who had only seen the trailer?
"Here's what people are saying so far about CHANGE:
"That's alien technology...out of this world!!!" - Will Palmer, Facebook
"Holy @%#&" - anandmagic, Instagram
"Wtf??? amazing" - Israel Gonzalez, Facebook
"Actually looks like pure unreal impossible magic need this now" - adam_grangea, Instagram
"I can't believe what I just saw" - mygamingisepic, Youtube
"god its amazing, made my skin crawl" - Shevins Kunjumon, Youtube
"Change by @LloydTBarnes is one of the best pieces of magic I have seen in a long time, It is CrAzY DoPe! #ChangeMagicForever" -@SamRazMagic, Twitter
"Have watched the trailer for CHANGE too many times to count. Have CHANGED my pants too many times to count. Thanks @Ellusionist !!" -@K1ng0f5pades, Twitter.

And now we're getting a slap on the wrist because someone dares to compare it to a pile of feces? I think, all things considered, that it's an incredibly reasonable and fair comparison. But the cry-babies keep on.. Ah well. Deal with it.
SmaltrabTheAverage
View Profile
New user
Waiting for a positive comment from Pegasus for
59 Posts

Profile of SmaltrabTheAverage
I wasn't going to admit to it as I feel so utterly embarrassed that I fell into the trap. I've been buying and performing for many years and should have known better. My name is Smaltrab, and I bought this.

Had I have seen the comment by Lloyd, or read any of this thread before I purchased, I would never have bought this. "Magic that will change your life" is a extremely bold statement, so how DARE you whine about people having some pessimism ESPECIALLY that you've sold 2000 at $30. That's $60,000 hard earned dollars you taken!!!!!!! (I know that because I even checked it with a calculator, so there!) I imagine most people work hard for their money, so it's their RIGHT to want to be a little curious, ask questions, pick it apart a little and when Ellusionist makes stupid claims, that even an experienced magician like me, fell for. You can expect the backlash when deliver the crap you sent.

I expect no-one to give a sh*t, especially not Lloyd or Ellusionist, but I'm absolutely livid after reading his comment. What an absolute disgrace to magic you and Ellusionist are for the way you have marketed this effect. If anything, I think you owe people an apology, and having Magic.Maddy writing posts whoever she/he is, is also an embarrassment. Hand on heart, if my best friend released this to the world, I would make them stand-up and apologise for the marketing. I actually wouldn't have been bothered if I'd have bought it, like I've bought some other un-usable stuff over the years, if the ad copy was genuine.

I'm sure I'll get banned for airing my views so bluntly, but in this case I'll compare buying this effect to having someones thumb shoved up my arse without any spit.

I look forward to your review of my upcoming release... which is about average, and will marketed as such.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3733 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Funny that I didn't see a thread about this on the Ellusionist forum. I wonder what poor moderator has to delete every "this sucks" post. Must be an all-day job trying to hide the truth from the public.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2015, emyers99 wrote:
Funny that I didn't see a thread about this on the Ellusionist forum. I wonder what poor moderator has to delete every "this sucks" post. Must be an all-day job trying to hide the truth from the public.

Yes, I went there and was very surprised not to find a single mention of it.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1778 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
And no reviews posted yet on the product page on E's site
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8025 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Has anyone tried or has it been disabled?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (275 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..21..24..27..30..33~34~35 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL