The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (273 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..22..25..28..31..33~34~35 [Next]
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
882 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
I saw on Facebook a video of the gimmick with face cards changing.. It looked god awful.. You could still see the original card after it changed. I don't see anyone really being fooled by the cards.

Really glad I avoided this lol
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2015, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
I urge people to please not fish for methods

this is laughable - the method is obvious and unconvincing. can I get a refund?
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3986 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2015, Marvello wrote:
Quote:

Ellusionist agreed to my 'request' for a refund. They sent me the form they require and it is on its way back to CA. My email went to:

support@ellusionist.com

May not be the one they want you to use for refunds, but it worked. I just replied to the email that my order confirmation/info was on.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
mantel
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of mantel
If it ended with the more you know it would be perfect.

Click here to view attached image.
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
747 Posts

Profile of gtx magic

Pre-orders only
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2015, Chessmann wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2015, Marvello wrote:
Quote:

Ellusionist agreed to my 'request' for a refund. They sent me the form they require and it is on its way back to CA. My email went to:

support@ellusionist.com

May not be the one they want you to use for refunds, but it worked. I just replied to the email that my order confirmation/info was on.

thanks for the info!
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
So, how long until this thread gets deleted?
Archey
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Archey
I'm going to post something on the Ellusionist forum to see what happens.
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2015, gtx magic wrote:

Pre-orders only

Funny thing is, if you were to combine the gimmick from this GIF with Marc's Shapeshifter color change(released on a Ellusionist DVD, ironically), you'd have a much better effect than CHANGE.
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2015, Robmonster wrote:
So, how long until this thread gets deleted?

Was this an item officially sponsored by the Café? If so, I'm suprised the thread lasted this long!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3986 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
The Café sponsors effects? Didn't know that...do you mean the PMs we get from Steve Brooks about effects from time to time?

The thread has been ok, I think (well, other than my dog turd photos!). I think most of the time, as long as you stick to the effect and don't get too personal with a creator or company, things are ok. Generally Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
839 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2015, Calvin826 wrote:

Was this an item officially sponsored by the Café? If so, I'm suprised the thread lasted this long!

Yes, it was promoted by Steve brooks, also 3 or 4 members here seem to of seen it before release and gave it glowing reviews - such as..

" Having known the method for a few months now, I can testify that it's even more exciting than the effect itself."
"This is one of the coolest and freshest principles in magic, and I'm excited to finally be able to use it. You won't be dissapointed. "
"This is really great stuff. The technology isn't that new, but the way it's utilised here is astounding. I saw early prototypes about a year ago and not only is it SO much fun to play with, it looks incredible too.

I can't wait to see the final gimmicks. It isn't often that something so practical and low-tech is hidden from an industry like ours, I have no doubt it'll make people think in a radically different way about visual magic."

"Lloyds going to break the Internet with this thing! This looks Soooooo good! "

Hype on the Café...nah, surely not.
magicians HELPING magicians -to spend their hard earned dosh it would seem.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
882 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Okay to be fair, Magic_Maddy sent me a video performance of him performing a routine with Change.

It was actually really nice. The gimmick is still obvious to me.. But his routine was great.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
839 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Well, we already know it can work for the camera, but most of the reviews from purchasers seem to imply working it live with real specs will be a problem.
this tech was developed in the 1940's, I remember getting quite a few examples in cereal boxes, it seemed clever, when I was 6 years old
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
744 Posts

Profile of scott0819
So...when is CHANGE VOLUME 2 going to be available for preorder?
Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
Lloyd Barnes:

"THIS IS A COMPLETELY REVOLUTIONARY NEW CONCEPT [except its not new or revolutionary] that allows you to do slow motion visual magic completely under your control [unless the spectators decide to move, in which case it's under their control]. Imagine being able to do magic that looks like something from a movie, in real life [as long as "real life" means one spectator strapped to a chair unable to move]. It's completely revolutionary [it's not]. It's complete real life magic... There's only 999 copies so you've got to jump on this today... We're limited to just 999 copies [again, nope] in the warehouse and if you don't jump on this they're gonna go."

Lenticular playing card, posted on youtube in 2007!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7D0Zk87FY8

*facepalm*
Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
More lenticular playing cards.. here reviewed on youtube in 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rqn6TqbWJM
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7748 Posts

Profile of pegasus
But wasn't it blatantly obvious to anyone with more than one brain cell that it was lenticular technology in use? Jeesh.
Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
I think people below a certain age range may well not have bumped into lenticular rulers, posters, etc, unless they've been lucky. I'm over 30, and at primary school many kids had the lenticular "3D" rulers, and more recently I have seen lenticular posters, but I doubt "everyone" is aware of it, and due to the presentation of the trailer, the claims of "revolutionary concept" plus the misleading animation on the buy page, I don't doubt for a second that even those who are aware of lenticular products will have, in many cases, been fooled into ruling that method out.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Ellusionist have sold out and are ordering 1,000 more sets. It says on their website...

"NOTE: CHANGE SOLD OUT in less than a day. We're extending a pre-order to allow another 1,000 people to purchase, and orders will begin shipping next week."

It's hilarious to think so many people have paid good money for this.

Customers - Smile

Me - Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (273 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..22..25..28..31..33~34~35 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL