The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (276 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22..33~34~35 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8272 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2015, petegrimaud wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2015, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2015, Magic.Maddy wrote:
So wait... It's being shipped on the 28th of this month? That is a Sunday.

The 28th of NEXT MONTH is a Tuesday.

So this will be shipped out on Sunday this weekend? (Even though the post is closed) or it will be shipped out Tuesday a month from now? I was under the impression that it was this weekend.

There was a brief error on the site because of times zones and dates. It's now corrected. These will begin shipping Monday the 30th of this month. Basically, 3 days from now.

The last post submitted by Lloyd Barnes, wondering why been nothing since..? Happy to sell the product but not defend it..?

Cos he's got his sidekick to do it for him.
Smile
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2015, TuneHV wrote:
The fact that Lloyd and the rest of the E guys vanished from this thread AFTER they got their sales is disturbing.

Maybe they are here really but standing at an angle.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1789 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Http://r.ebay.com/8loNOj

lol, somebody snatch this up. what a bargain!
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
872 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Return yours to Ellusionist.

I already got my Return Authorization Number, and will be mailing it today.

You won't get your shipping back, but $29.95 is better than nothing.

And hopefully it will teach them a lesson.

You will be complicit in this fraud by not doing anything about it.

Ellusionist and Lloyd Barnes and Geraint are added to the growing list of those that I will no longer purchase from. And trust me- once someone is added to the list, I truly have NEVER bought anything from them, no matter how tempted I was.

I hope they're happy about all of this!
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
215 Posts

Profile of altrez
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:
The fact that Lloyd and the rest of the E guys vanished from this thread AFTER they got their sales is disturbing.

Maybe they are here really but standing at an angle.

That made me spit out my coffee! So funny!

:)

-Altrez
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8272 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2015, Jack Straw wrote:
Return yours to Ellusionist.

I already got my Return Authorization Number, and will be mailing it today.

You won't get your shipping back, but $29.95 is better than nothing.

And hopefully it will teach them a lesson.

You will be complicit in this fraud by not doing anything about it.

Ellusionist and Lloyd Barnes and Geraint are added to the growing list of those that I will no longer purchase from. And trust me- once someone is added to the list, I truly have NEVER bought anything from them, no matter how tempted I was.

I hope they're happy about all of this!

Well said Jack. I hope everyone listens.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3323 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2015, magicshowprod wrote:
Unfortunately, this is the first thing I have ever bought from Ellusionist. It will probably also be my last. If I was a magic dealer I would never take money from my customers in trade for something as bad as this. Live and learn I guess. May they enjoy the last dollar they will ever get from me.

I agree. Think I will post my review on good, bad, garbage forum.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
fabbmagic
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of fabbmagic
No very pratical live!
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Loyal user
VA
202 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
Quote:
Http://r.ebay.com/8loNOj

lol, somebody snatch this up. what a bargain!

HAHA Jeez. $115. I hope no one falls for that. But alas, someone will.
Still we have yet to see any live performances where these cards have fooled someone.
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1075 Posts

Profile of Nash
One of the biggest draw back of magic that can only be done in a 1-on-1 situation is exactly that.
You are limited. Ever seen an enthusiastic audience grabbed their friends and surround you and ask you to do the same trick for his friends again?
yup.. happens a lot in real life.
Don't give up, don't EVER give up.

NashFung.com/virtual-magic-show
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1075 Posts

Profile of Nash
One of the biggest draw back of magic that can only be done in a 1-on-1 situation is exactly that.
You are limited. Ever seen an enthusiastic audience grabbed their friends and surround you and ask you to do the same trick for his friends again?
yup.. happens a lot in real life.
Don't give up, don't EVER give up.

NashFung.com/virtual-magic-show
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
There has been some response to the negativity toward change on the Ellusionist forum - one of the responses is from one whom I believe is a staff member. Here are some words by Christoper Thisse:

"If you put the work into getting the angles right, this is a great set of gimmicks. But people seem to expect real magic when a product they can't figure out is released. So then they're disappointed with the mundane method and they think it won't fool anyone - forgetting that they themselves were fooled by it. Happens with pretty much every single release.

"When it comes down to it - you just have to put the work into getting good at the trick. Some people are too lazy to do that."

Which does not address the very specific questions that have been raised.

Hmmmm... "Mundane method...?" We were told this was an advance principle that was harnessed into action! Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1789 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
So a Penny is 5X its size because I'm lazy?

And a red card looks purple because Im lazy, too?

Oh, and because Im lazy the face of the king looks like it was printed on a sheet of plastic that doesn't resemble a real playing card?

I guess I'm just not ready to change my magic forever. Good to know!
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1290 Posts

Profile of Jared
I received mine yesterday and like many others was disappointed. The angle restrictions and lighting conditions were too stringent for my style of performing...Perhaps others will feel differently. The method was clever and I can see it being useful for someone who wants to post some visual magic on their website where you can better control the environment. I'm sure that Lloyd is disappointed by these comments but I really don't feel that it's an issue of practice or "putting in the work". Lighting and angles can be very uncooperative in strolling situations despite our best efforts. Lloyd seems like a very creative individual, so I'll be looking forward to seeing his future work.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1789 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2015, Jared wrote:
The angle restrictions and lighting conditions were too stringent for my style of performing...

Lighting and angles can be very uncooperative in strolling situations despite our best efforts.

Quote:
On Jun 24, 2015, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2015, TuneHV wrote:
I assume he means lighting conditions, indoors/outdoors, etc.?

I'll leave that one for Lloyd to answer. I think it's tungston light that's the one to avoid. Other lighting should be perfect (indoors and out)

- G

This is part of the reason everyone is so upset... I mean now that we see what it is, that statement is simply not correct. What happened to magicians helping magicians?
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -

catweazle
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Maybe its the bit about it changing the face of magic, breaking the internet, and all the other turgid statements put out by people we are supposed to trust that has really upset people, at least they have shown their true colours, so we can ignore their hype in the future, I doubt vol2 will sell out, though the hype machine may try to imply it is a success..
at least 5 people here are now on my ignore list..
the ones supporting this are fooling no one but themselves.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3887 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Vol 2 will come out....right after the colored smoke cartridges they promised about 3 yrs ago.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Just received my set today. It sure is fun practicing it in the mirror but I have yet to watch the video but it is what I thought it would be. Like Jared said it might be good for some YouTube or video stuff, but angles will be difficult without a doubt. Watching the video now so I'll see what happens.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
It has been an education to read this thread. Might I suggest that grown-ups cease to frequent magic producers who aim their products at children? It would save many tears, in the long run, and quite a bit of server space.
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2015, Chessmann wrote:
There has been some response to the negativity toward change on the Ellusionist forum - one of the responses is from one whom I believe is a staff member. Here are some words by Christoper Thisse:

"... forgetting that they themselves were fooled by it. ..."

We were fooled by a very impressive video shot ... no one I performed this for was fooled by it, let alone amazed by it.

Thanks for the info, Chessman.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (276 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22..33~34~35 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL