The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (273 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..11..16..21..26..31..33~34~35 [Next]
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Are there any environmental factors we need to worry about? And how self contained is this?
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
It looks really good. Question about the gimmick. It was mentioned that we get five gimmicks. Is it five of the same gimmick, or do you need one gimmick for each effect?

Thanks.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2015, Magic KL wrote:
It looks really good. Question about the gimmick. It was mentioned that we get five gimmicks. Is it five of the same gimmick, or do you need one gimmick for each effect?

Thanks.

1 of each gimmick for the 5 effects taught on change.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2015, seanksutton wrote:
Are there any environmental factors we need to worry about? And how self contained is this?

I'm not even sure what this means?

Self-contained to one card or coin gimmick per effect.. there are 5 effects with your purchase.

- G.
robd
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of robd
Looks great, though it's pretty clear how it's done, right? I showed the trailer to my partner who said; 'Looks like X to me'. They do look very well-made. I'm looking forward to Part 2's (and onwards) ideas more than this batch - there could be some very interesting applications where perhaps the method isn't so close to the effect, if you see what I mean. Be interesting to see what else comes of this.

(Though I do wish the hyperbole would be turned down a little. "Change your life", "Change your magic forever", "Destroy the limitations of what's possible in Magic". Better hope they don't grab that card off you quickly, or your life-changing magical limitations might be restored very quickly.)
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1713 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I assume he means lighting conditions, indoors/outdoors, etc.?
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2015, TuneHV wrote:

I'll leave that one for Lloyd to answer. I think it's tungston light that's the one to avoid. Other lighting should be perfect (indoors and out)

- G
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1214 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Quick question for Lloyd or anyone else who can answer before I hit the buy button, can the card for morpheus be handed out if need be or would a switch be needed?

Kieran
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2015, TuneHV wrote:

Yep, that's what I meant! And thanks Geraint!
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2015, robd wrote:
Better hope they don't grab that card off you quickly, or your life-changing magical limitations might be restored very quickly.)

You could say that about all gimmicked magic Rob. Literally you don't want anyone snatching your gimmicks. Audience management and experience will overcome this.

If you do have people snatching your stuff from you at gigs still, shoot me a PM, and I'll help you overcome it.

Geraint
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2015, magicman29 wrote:
Quick question for Lloyd or anyone else who can answer before I hit the buy button, can the card for morpheus be handed out if need be or would a switch be needed?

Kieran

It can't be handed out, but Lloyd and Madison teach it on the DVD so it's as easy as a double turnover.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Any help on the size of the coin for forge?
robd
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of robd
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2015, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
Better hope they don't grab that card off you quickly, or your life-changing magical limitations might be restored very quickly.)

You could say that about all gimmicked magic Rob. Literally you don't want anyone snatching your gimmicks. Audience management and experience will overcome this.

If you do have people snatching your stuff from you at gigs still, shoot me a PM, and I'll help you overcome it.

Geraint

Of course Geraint, but here the gimmick IS the effect which places a hell of a lot of heat on it. Which is why I think effects (like maybe the headphone one) are going to be more practical than the card changing colour, as beautiful as that looks. Where the method is more subtly used, basically.

(My comment was really sarcasm aimed at the hyperbole though, rather than the effect/method).
philipmuller97
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of philipmuller97
Just one question: can this be done with the front/face of the card too?

Thanks in advice!
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:

(My comment was really sarcasm aimed at the hyperbole though, rather than the effect/method).

Sorry man, I ignored your sarcasm, but if you're worried then maybe this isn't for you. I hate omni deck, yet thousands of people work it.

Magic is all about what suits your personal style and your skill level.

- G.
robd
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of robd
Agreed, Omni deck sucks.
Critisizer
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Critisizer
I'm actually looking forward to reviews on this one
Dream house of any wizard: Wizard's Dream House
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
881 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Idk if it's just me, but it almost reminds me of those stickers I used to have as a kid that when you turn them one way they change.. Like a filter over the top.

Not saying this is the method, but it reminded me of those lol.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10490 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I'm not a card guy but a friend brought this to my attention and to me it looks like re-working of the classic w*w gimmick. That's my guess folks and I'm sure I'm not the first to come to that conclusion. Price seems very reasonable.

If I may ask what happens if the spec wants to examine the card?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2015, saysold1 wrote:
I'm not a card guy but a friend brought this to my attention and to me it looks like re-working of the classic w*w gimmick. That's my guess folks and I'm sure I'm not the first to come to that conclusion. Price seems very reasonable.

If I may ask what happens if the spec wants to examine the card?

Very, very different to a Wow gimmick. Worlds apart.

Myself and Daniel Madison cover this extensively on the explanation; if you can do a double lift, you can do CHANGE. You will never be asked by them to see the card. All is explained in the instructions.

Please can everyone stop trying to publicly "guess" the method now?
Creative & Project Development at Ellusionist

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (273 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..11..16..21..26..31..33~34~35 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL