The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (275 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..33~34~35 [Next]
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
This was an email to me from Ellusionist:

Hello!

I am sorry you're not happy with it. Lloyd developed this trick in live performances with real audiences. The trick is definitely a worker - though it does have some lighting restrictions and angle considerations.

All it takes is some time working on knowing the angles and managing the audience.

-Christopher Thisse
Ellusionist Customer Support

Still no word if I am going to get my money refunded.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7894 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2015, pegasus wrote:
The instructional video should be changed to give the buyer instructions on how to pursue a full refund.

Funniest post of the thread! Smile

Nice one pegasus.

Thank you, Jamie. Although I was being deadly serious. Smile
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1760 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2015, robwar0100 wrote:
"Lloyd developed this trick in live performances with real audiences. The trick is definitely a worker"

With no video of live performances to support these claims...
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
2012multimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of 2012multimagic
.. you guys are pure entertainment alone !!!!! ..... sit back , relax and read on ...
hey guys !!!... looking forward to joining this community.. some WILL hate me.. some MAY love me ... enjoy !!!...

www.youtube.com/2012multimagic
www.twitter.com/2014multumagic
www.instagram.com/illusions2015
2012multimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 8, 2015, TuneHV wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2015, robwar0100 wrote:
"Lloyd developed this trick in live performances with real audiences. The trick is definitely a worker"

With no video of live performances to support these claims...

totally agree ....
hey guys !!!... looking forward to joining this community.. some WILL hate me.. some MAY love me ... enjoy !!!...

Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
This is Ellusionist for you. They have been guilty of false advertising, misleading video's and dishonest business practices. Why do people keep dealing with them?
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
2012multimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 8, 2015, Danny Kazam wrote:
This is Ellusionist for you. They have been guilty of false advertising, misleading video's and dishonest business practices. Why do people keep dealing with them?

totally agree !!!... if this was a “normal” brick and mortar retailing trading business, they would probably be shut down ... if this was a known online trader... again would most probably be shut down.. so... why do we as paying customers have to tolerate magic companies continuously breaking the law.. something needs too be done ... lawsuits to be won ... its a disgrace . Just because our art is deemed as “secret” , this certainly doesn’t mean the unlawful trading should be kept a secret too...

2012multimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Oooshaaaa ooosshaaaa .... sorry , gets me so angry..

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Well, defending the indefensible is a pretty daunting task.

Quote:
On Jul 8, 2015, Jack Straw wrote:

While I was very disappointed in "Change", I am highly impressed with Lloyd and Geraint's vanish abilities!

Regarding the statements out of E the "this is a worker" I really wonder how many effects there are that have the same problems "Change" has that E would also call 'workers'?

Based on the magical knowledge I have accumulated over the years, "Change" would never be considered a worker.

E is really stuck now. They hyped this as game-changing. If they back-track they are admitting willful deceit. So from E this will always be a worker.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
591 Posts

Profile of Bill08
How about slipping the gaff card under the cellophane of a cardbox to get rid of the 'reflective' issue
neoinwonderland
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of neoinwonderland
I just want to add that I am part of the dissatisfied customers group. The method is great for youtube-kids but a complete disaster for magicians who actually perform for real people (you could be able to pull it of for 1 individual but even then it is still highly impractical in my opinion).

After seeing all the messages in this post I don't think anybody on the magic Café is still thinking about purchasing change whenever it comes back in stock but if somebody is still thinking about it, I don't think practice is going to solve the problem (especially if you perform for multiple people), save your money and buy something else, you will be glad you did.

When I just started out in magic Ellusionist was a great place to start, I even still perform stigmata on a regular basis and I have a variation on Kaos which I use whenever the time is right. Now I just feel sorry for all the new kids that get a bad experience when buying magic for the first time.

some performance tips:
1. Sandwhich the gimmick in between other cards when doing the change so that you can cover the card immediately after the change to prevent flashing.
2. Stand behind your spectator and look over their shoulder for the "perfect angle"
3. One more time: Just don't buy change and spend your money on something else, something you will actually use.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1357 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Like I said; if the wire card doesn't disappear as described its faulty. I wouldnt even bother contacting elussionist. If they cared they'd wade in now with support for their customers and a live performance video to back up their claims. I really like lloyds stuff but I do think the !@#$ them then chuck them mantra is not on
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
For what its worth, the cord section of my ear bud card can vanish all the way. A small victory in a pasteboard of disaster.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
870 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Ellusionist clearly doesn't care.

Don't you think that they are reading every word that is said here?

And they are silent.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Behind the scenes they are not silent...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3BbqFaa1sk
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
neoinwonderland
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of neoinwonderland
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Behind the scenes they are not silent...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3BbqFaa1sk

This is definitely the stuff that gives people nightmares.
magicshowprod
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
109 Posts

Profile of magicshowprod
I'm happy to report that they have agreed to refund my money on this purchase.
Don Shock
The Magical World of Don Shock
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
759 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Customer despair of his purchase of CHANGE.

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
sparky269
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of sparky269
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2015, TuneHV wrote:
So a Penny is 5X its size because I'm lazy?

And a red card looks purple because Im lazy, too?

Oh, and because Im lazy the face of the king looks like it was printed on a sheet of plastic that doesn't resemble a real playing card?

I guess I'm just not ready to change my magic forever. Good to know!
sparky269
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of sparky269
I am embarrassed to say I fell for the artful video hype . . .
Last thing I buy from Ellusionist.
Won't suffer the shame of being fooled twice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (275 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..33~34~35 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL