The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (273 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26..33~34~35 [Next]
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
839 Posts

Profile of catweazle
I'm not sure why anyone is apologising, no one has been called a liar, Its just that most people that have bought 'Change' are unhappy due to the hype, and cannot see themselves performing live with the gimmicks.
Maddy keeps trying to prove to us all that the gimmicks are not a waste of money, but so far has failed to convince anyone that we are wrong, so by providing a video of a live performance he could show us all just how effective and life changing these gimmicks truly are, after all they are supposed to change the face of magic, change your life, and break the internet.

Without a live performance we can only assume that some people are wearing emperors new clothes, I guess most would be happy to be proven wrong, but so far most are content with their initial feelings.
To some magic is about simple entertainment, simple tricks that fool no one, but provide a few seconds of entertainment, to others they want effects that truly fool, leaving the specs with a feeling of astonishment, disbelief – or belief that magic may well be real.
Maybe that's why there is some disagreement about these gimmicks amongst a select few.

If ellusionist had not gone hyperbole with the marketing, and simply put these gimmicks out as something akin to a blank deck that can be used in some situations then perhaps there would be less disappointment, but also of course fewer sales.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
By demanding Magic.Maddy produces a video to prove his point, people are obviously saying don't believe his claim. Therefore they are calling him a liar.

In Scottland we assume someone is innocent unless we can prove they are guilty.

Magic.Maddy I apologise for all the pitch forkers around here.

Keep magic live my friend. Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1525 Posts

Profile of Markymark
But if you really are unhappy with 'Change' don't just throw it in your drawer and say 'ah well'
Send it back!
I'm sure the company don't want to get banned from using Pay pal or accepting credit cards and this could happen to them.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
839 Posts

Profile of catweazle
We are not demanding a video, but are happy with our belief without further evidence, its a normal human trait.
If Maddy wants to truly convince anyone then his word is simply not enough, if he is happy for others to hold their belief then fine, leave it there.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2015, catweazle wrote:

If Maddy wants to truly convince anyone then his word is simply not enough

I believe him, so your point is therefore invalid.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
839 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Instead of cherry picking, accept the whole point of my posts.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Hey, why only Maddy? It's understandable. But, I hope everyone here demand a live video from Llyod, rather than demanding it from Maddy. What Maddy trying to do is encouraging all the victims to practice practice and perform. While honestly, I'm more agree to encourage the victims to repacked resend and refunded..
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5294 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I didn't purchase Change and I wouldn’t do so just based on the way it was hyped, and as a pre-order no less. And based on the negative reviews thus far I'm pleased that I didn't order this.

That said, I have never known Madison to lie about his magic and I don’t believe he is lying now. How many of you have seen Maddy perform magic? While I've never met him personally nor watched his act in person, I have seen a number of video performances of him and in my opinion he is a very good magician. Real good mechanics and truy excellent presentation skills. And I haven't known him to lie about an effect.

Jim
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
839 Posts

Profile of catweazle
No one has accused him of lying..
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Hi guys,

Just a few things.

Please notice I never said someone called me a liar! I was just responded to Altrez's post telling me to quote "be honest." Smile

I don't mind people having a different opinion. There will always be some that hate some products while others love them. The only reason for me even telling oft experiences with this is to simply report MY findings. I'm not trying to convince anyone that the trick is revolutionary nor am I trying to persuade people to dig it out of the trash. I just hope that by sharing my experiences, some will feel at least slightly encouraged.


My biggest question is this: What do I gain by claiming I've used this in front of a crowd if I haven't?? I will tell you. I gain absolutely nothing.

As some people have mentioned here (thank you guys) I'm not one to lie about my magic or about my view on magic. I have been known to give bad reviews to products I felt deserved bad reviews. Even when I was given a copy by a creator for free. I always have and always will state my opinions of a product. Good or bad. I will not sugar coat my findings and I will not state something publicly if it isn't true.


Thanks,
Madison
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
881 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2015, Magic.Maddy wrote:

As some people have mentioned here (thank you guys) I'm not one to lie about my magic or about my view on magic. I have been known to give bad reviews to products I felt deserved bad reviews. Even when I was given a copy by a creator for free. I always have and always will state my opinions of a product. Good or bad. I will not sugar coat my findings and I will not state something publicly if it isn't true.


Thanks,
Madison

This is true I've experienced it first hand... Haha! Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6694 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2015, J-Mac wrote:
I didn't purchase Change and I wouldn't do so just based on the way it was hyped, and as a pre-order no less. And based on the negative reviews thus far I'm pleased that I didn't order this.


Yeah. I never pre-order anything. Never have. And hype...well, I was a broadcaster for forty years. I can spot it right away. It ain't really a bad thing. Ellusionist was a bit over-the-top, I have to admit. But I have a great respect for Brad. If I have a question about something, he tells it like it is.

I buy what I need. Not what is hyped. KAOS was the PERFECT CTW effect I was looking for! Brad steered me straight on that one. Plus the Gaff cards. The Ghost Deck was hyped a bit along with its Gaff deck, but I cherish those!

Ellusionist has to market itself. I respect that. However, I, myself, would take a good hard look at marketing techniques vs hype. Make an adjustment or two, y'know? I mean, make people want to buy your stuff, but in a more subtle way. I dunno. That's just me.

Doug
Raj Suman
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Raj Suman
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2015, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Hi guys,

Just a few things.

Please notice I never said someone called me a liar! I was just responded to Altrez's post telling me to quote "be honest." Smile

I don't mind people having a different opinion. There will always be some that hate some products while others love them. The only reason for me even telling oft experiences with this is to simply report MY findings. I'm not trying to convince anyone that the trick is revolutionary nor am I trying to persuade people to dig it out of the trash. I just hope that by sharing my experiences, some will feel at least slightly encouraged.


My biggest question is this: What do I gain by claiming I've used this in front of a crowd if I haven't?? I will tell you. I gain absolutely nothing.

As some people have mentioned here (thank you guys) I'm not one to lie about my magic or about my view on magic. I have been known to give bad reviews to products I felt deserved bad reviews. Even when I was given a copy by a creator for free. I always have and always will state my opinions of a product. Good or bad. I will not sugar coat my findings and I will not state something publicly if it isn't true.


Thanks,
Madison

It is good now. Now please can everyone who said for a video apologises for Maddy is telling the truth. Thank you.
Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2015, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2015, Fin wrote:
Thanks for sharing the video Maddy. I agree, you come across as a lovely guy and the patter helped. I also have to agree with the criticisms about the color, and even in a low quality youtube vid filmed from a distance the card looked way too thick. My other criticism would be that you clearly were checking in your monitor to see that you had the right angles. In real life, of course, you wouldn't have this luxury. How about a more realistic video where you cover your monitor and try the same performance again? This might be a good way to prove your point that the angles can be dealt with once one knows how to handle the gimmick? My worry would be that the moment of the change is SO angle sensitive that one risks it happening prematurely. Add to this the other problems of light, spectators at different heights, angles, and distances, and regardless of your nice presentation, I just can't see how this is going to be truly practical for any more than one spectator in the perfect lighting and angle conditions.. which to my mind, renders it, basically, impractical!


The only reason I looked in the monitor was to check to be sure it was red..... Also in the real world I use the line, "Let me know if you see him get any sadder." This prompts them to react when it turns blue which tells me the card is at the appropriate angle.


But that proves my point exactly, sir.. You don't know "for sure" exactly when the change happens which is why you have added these safety measures. If you can't tell for sure that it's at the "appropriate angle" without first getting reactions to prove it to you then that's my whole point proven re: my reason for mentioning angle issues & "real world" practicality. What if someone wants to do it without the "let me know" patter choice? Then the moment of the change could happen prematurely.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Fin,

I use the deck in my left hand as a guide. I know the moment the card gets tilted past the lower right corner of the deck when held perpendicular to the card that the card is now blue.

Thanks for the input.
Raj Suman
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Raj Suman
Fin is finished Smile
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2015, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Fin,

I use the deck in my left hand as a guide. I know the moment the card gets tilted past the lower right corner of the deck when held perpendicular to the card that the card is now blue.

Thanks for the input.


I'm afraid that I can't take the views seriously of someone who, within a week or so of receiving an effect is using it in their stage set. The opinions of this trick are trending to poor but you obviously are more concerned about the next new thing rather than amazing your audience.
Raj Suman
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Raj Suman
It easy to knock others but do nothing your self ray. what can you do?
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1711 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2015, Ray Chelt wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2015, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Fin,

I use the deck in my left hand as a guide. I know the moment the card gets tilted past the lower right corner of the deck when held perpendicular to the card that the card is now blue.

Thanks for the input.


I'm afraid that I can't take the views seriously of someone who, within a week or so of receiving an effect is using it in their stage set. The opinions of this trick are trending to poor but you obviously are more concerned about the next new thing rather than amazing your audience.


From the sound of it, his audience was amazed, so whats your point? He feels confident in the angles, and aside from that, this is self working, so why not use it in his set right away if that's your cup of tea?
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Raj Suman
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Raj Suman
Ray sounds like armchair macican
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (273 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26..33~34~35 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL